Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Taking 1 hour from 24 hours long Speex record (Read 5021 times) previous topic - next topic

Taking 1 hour from 24 hours long Speex record

I have a 24 hours long record in Speex format and there's only 1 hour of interesting things. I don't want to decode the whole thing to WAV (would take too much time and even more disc space) to do the editing, so if there's a tool that will let me losslessly cut unneeded parts (like mp3DirectCut for MP3) or decode to WAV just a part of it (from position A to B), let me know.

Reply #1
I have a 24 hours long record in Speex format and there's only 1 hour of interesting things. I don't want to decode the whole thing to WAV (would take too much time and even more disc space) to do the editing, so if there's a tool that will let me losslessly cut unneeded parts (like mp3DirectCut for MP3) or decode to WAV just a part of it (from position A to B), let me know.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301302"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Adobe Audition with an ACM codec would do the trick.

Or generating a cuesheet containing only the wanted track, and converting it in foobar..

Reply #2
Or generating a cuesheet containing only the wanted track, and converting it in foobar..
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301317"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Good idea, I'll try that, thanks.

Reply #3
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301302"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If it's important and you want the best quality (decoding+reencoding loses quality), then the best way is to spend some time to write a small application that just drops the Ogg packets you don't want.