Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar v.1.2. backwards compatibility? (Read 2241 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar v.1.2. backwards compatibility?

Hi,

I hope someone will help me find the trick, cause I'm out of ideas.

I've run foobar v.1.18 perfectly well a long time. Then I change my Visual Style, operating as usual. Then Foobar won't start again - the process is here, about 4-5Mb (when normally hits 120Mb), but nothing appears. I try to update with v1.2. and v1.2.1 beta, nothing different, except that the install process always stops when "updating registry" ; then I have to kill the process. I uninstall everything, erase the folders, install v.1.2. again, it opens, I put back some of my components, I crashes just like before. I uninstall v.1.2 and reinstall v.1.18, from which I made my backups, I put everything back into the folders, skin included, and here we go again, it doesn't appear. Thus, I doesn't seem to be a problem of backwards compatibility, does it? Anyway, I have never had such a problem before, even when I changed the VS.

Thans a lot to anyone with an idea.

Reply #1
you might want to read the above sticky. Hard to provide help - you do not even mention OS

Reply #2
Yeah, sorry, I always forget that.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits on Asus X73BR notebook.

I found that foo_uie_explorer.dll was messing this up, I removed it and everything works fine. Still, I don't know why it became a problem now and not earlier.

Thanks anyway.

Reply #3
You might want to report this on the foo_uie_explorer thread.

Reply #4
Thank you so much Markkoenig. I had the same problem and removing foo_uie_explorer.dll solved the problem. But then explorer tree in my foobar didn't work. So i searched a bit and found out that if you disable service "Server" you will have this problem. I reenabled it and now it works again. So maybe this will help someone