Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Does high end audio exist? (Read 3370 times) previous topic - next topic

Does high end audio exist?

Reply #1
'High end' primarily refers to price. Typically, it gets you precision engineered metal cases instead of injection-moulded plastic ones.

Reply #2
TOS8 or gtfo

Reply #3
Shame the OP posted 2-3 days too late

btw, you do get jitter in nature - think of the doppler effect. If the amount of jitter in digital audio bothers you, you'd better hold that violin or guitar VERY still when you play it!

Cheers,
David.

Reply #4
Aside from the fact, that "High End" is a marketing term, and little less else, I'd like to comment on the title of this thread:

"HIGH END AUDIO DOES NOT EXIST!" was in fact so loud, that aside from clipping I now have tinnitus in my eyes...

Reply #6
Tinneyetus?

LMAO!  It took me a second or two before the penny dropped!

Audiophiles (and related weirdos): because you'll never know what cuckoo theory they will come up with next for us to have a few chuckles at! 
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #7
Of course high end audio exists. Sansa clip and a pair of hd280 pros. Doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Reply #8
This is your last chance. There is no turning back. You can take the blue cable and the blue cables lifts. The story ends, and your wallet gets thinner, and you believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red lamp cord - you stay in reality I'll show you how cheap your ear holes go.
the digital delinquent

Reply #9
Beg pardon? 
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #11
Interesting to note that Matrix did not hit the cinemas until after that blue pill that makes you unleash that inner rabbit you had all forgotten about, and still the "blue pill" meme stuck for someone who hasn't got the cojones to do anything.

But now I digress, so let me digress about something more audible: http://bluespills.bandcamp.com/