Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tag&Rename 2.0.5 (Read 8273 times) previous topic - next topic

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

Supported audio formats:
    site. It can also write or edit tag information based on your music libraries file structure (artistalbumtitle.mp3 for example). Often many files can be processed with a few clicks using Tag&Rename's built-in automated features.

This program is also very useful for creating playlists - with features like recursive subfolders support and unique file listing. The versatility of Tag&Rename makes it easy for anyone to harness the power of it's features, while also being highly configurable for the advanced user. In addition, we have provided clearly written help files that will answer any questions you might have as well as descriptions of built-in commands to speed up your understanding and use of the program.

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #2
bah.

only id3v2.3 not id3v2.4? what's that about?

id3v2 for mp3 and onlt id3v1 for mpc? Stupid!

Jan.

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #3
Originally posted by Jansemanden
bah.

only id3v2.3 not id3v2.4? what's that about?

id3v2 for mp3 and onlt id3v1 for mpc? Stupid!
Jan.

He forgot to add that Helium2 is absolutely - astonishingly - incredibly better  - better than everything out there!

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #4
I just say what sounds weird!
I did not say anything about any other program because it's not relevant dammit!

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #5
I appreciate when people post links to pertinent freeware programs.  Sometimes the info blurbs can be funny, like here where it is happily noted that TwinVQ tags are handled.  For all the users out there 

For the record, I've read the infamous helium/EAR thread, and didn't think that Jan was doing any spam hype, although it sort of appeared so after the whole thing descended into personalized flaming.  Personal opinion may come through, but as long as comments are constructively critical, based on features, I don't see any problem with them.

Concerning this application, I don't expect to use it because it doesn't do ogg tags (unless I missed something), and I figure I won't do too much with mpc until SV8.
God kills a kitten every time you encode with CBR 320

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #6
Well, Jan called this program (or its features) stupid.

Talk about constructive criticism, eh?

What's most interesting, is that He got hysterical when people called Helium2 bloatware. Can Tag&Rename users stand him saying it's "stupid"? I believe stupid is the person who doesn't accept competition.

And no, I don't use Helium, nor Tag&Rename, nor any other tagger around.

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #7
good points.  My previous post may have exaggerated things a bit.

When I can't tag with a program's output, I drag-and-drop newly encoded files into Media Jukebox's "now playing" window and use the right-click --> properties to tag them.  But I'd be game for a nicer scheme if one were available.

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #8
Well i don`t like helium, tag&rename has all functions that i need and is also easy to use, and in nearly future ogg files will be suported too.

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #9
Ah, so vorbis support is planned. Nice to know.

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #10
Originally posted by atherean
Ah, so vorbis support is planned. Nice to know.

Finally, a tagging system that's not a hack, but standardized for the format. Good to know the support for it is growing. Better do that, before someone starts adding ID3v2 tags to the beginning of ogg files.

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #11
Well, Jan called this program (or its features) stupid.

I called it stupid that it only supported id3v2.3 and not id3v2.4.

that it only supports id3v2 for mp3 and not mpc even though it should be exatly the same.

Yes that is constructive criticism!

What's most interesting, is that He got hysterical when people called Helium2 bloatware

Bacause I don't get why ppl do so and noone has explained it. Just said it was bloatware.

Can Tag&Rename users stand him saying it's "stupid"? I believe stupid is the person who doesn't accept competition.

I couldn't care less what ppl use. I just can't stand incorrect criticism based on miss-information.

And no, I don't use Helium, nor Tag&Rename, nor any other tagger around.

Clearly. So you know what you're talking about?

edit: btw.: I think ogg tags is planned for helium2 as well.

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #12
The sky is blue.

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #13
Originally posted by Jansemanden

I called it stupid that it only supported id3v2.3 and not id3v2.4.

that it only supports id3v2 for mp3 and not mpc even though it should be exatly the same.

Yes that is constructive criticism!

Yeah, yeah. I use to call Sonique stupid sometimes, because I'm a big fan of Winamp - no other reason. 

Clearly. So you know what you're talking about?

If you read my post right, you should have noticed that I didn't criticized ANY tagger. I'm not "talking about" taggers. I'm talking about your "stupid" behavior when it comes to taggers.

edit: btw.: I think ogg tags is planned for helium2 as well.

"I couldn't care less"

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #14
You're just bitching.
I stated my thoughts - you just stated you didn't like me so this is not an argument.

I'll not waste my time with you anymore.

Jan.

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #16
Ah... Brazil vs. Denmark, tact vs features... in English, the unfortunate de facto language.

I find both of you to be helpful when dealing with issues... when the issues are carefully explained (for example, Jan, I'd be interested to know about the diff between Id3 v2.3 and v2.4).

For future reference: diff people have diff needs; programs which are unnecessarily bloated to some are minimalistic to others.  Specifically directed constructive criticism is useful for the sake of improving programs to better fit the needs of a broader range of people.  And... lighten up.  Cyberspace gets too close to real life sometimes.

rjamorim, I like your pic.

Finally: I like ogg's taging system.  Just wish there were a better editor than Media Jukebox or Winamp.  (There may be; I just haven't found it.)

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #17
Great post, Timcupery!
Congrats.

I agree. Let's stop the war.

Btw: I like your pic too, but I'd like to know what exactly is that.

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #18
That's me in Yosemite National Park in California, having reached the top of Cloud's Rest, the world's largest granite monolith, at sunset.  I camped on top for the night, and the next morning was privileged to see the sunrise rays playing in the forest-fire smoke that had pooled in the valley below me.  Last summer was my first time working in Yosemite, and I hope to work there in all the summers through college.  See http://photos.yahoo.com/clevelandrunnerboy for a variety of pics from my time in the park.

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #19
Tim, if you haven't already made a decision, I think your future lies in politics!! 

john33

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #20
Politics? Perhaps... but I expect to become a college professor after completing my sociology Ph.D.  But I guess I have attempted to deconstruct the points on both sides of a few diff arguments/debates in this forum.

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #21
(for example, Jan, I'd be interested to know about the diff between Id3 v2.3 and v2.4).

New frames are:

ASPI Audio seek point index [F:4.30]
  EQU2 Equalisation (2) [F:4.12]
  RVA2 Relative volume adjustment (2) [F:4.11]
  SEEK Seek frame [F:4.29]
  SIGN Signature frame [F:4.28]
  TDEN Encoding time [F:4.2.5]
  TDOR Original release time [F:4.2.5]
  TDRC Recording time [F:4.2.5]
  TDRL Release time [F:4.2.5]
  TDTG Tagging time [F:4.2.5]
  TIPL Involved people list [F:4.2.2]
  TMCL Musician credits list [F:4.2.2]
  TMOO Mood [F:4.2.3]
  TPRO Produced notice [F:4.2.4]
  TSOA Album sort order [F:4.2.5]
  TSOP Performer sort order [F:4.2.5]
  TSOT Title sort order [F:4.2.5]
  TSST Set subtitle [F:4.2.1]

for more info: http://www.id3.org/id3v2.4.0-changes.txt

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #22
thanks for clarifying, Jan.

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #23
Do you know what all this reminds to me?
Since I'm in encoding-related forums for about 3.5 last years, I followed a VERY funy discussions with a man whose behaviour was exactly like Jansemanden's - KM!!!
So, congradulations to all the community - at least we have KM's new incarnation  Of course, I hope that Jan will be smarter than KM was, because if he'll not, we'll suffer from spam a lot, like it was with KM...

I tried the Helium/Helium2 when I looked for a good tagger  - total crap...

Tag&Rename 2.0.5

Reply #24
Give me a break will ya!

I did not bring helium2 into this discussion nor did I bring it into the EAR thread. Someone else did. And when they did they targeted their thoughts at me instead of issues with the software.