Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: NoCover-Image (Read 237922 times) previous topic - next topic

NoCover-Image

Reply #150

One of several to go with my new look - artist is Jason Brooks.

NoCover-Image

Reply #151
Heres my try, it looks good at all sizes....

I was also gonna try my hand at maybe editing the source to maybe downloading covers from amazon? or from a windows media player collection....not sure...

NoCover-Image

Reply #152
I'm using the following No Cover-Images:

• Picture 1 is used for Audio CDs (Filename in Source List: audio_cd.jpg)
  • Picture 2 is used for empty playlists, when no track is playing (Filename in Source List: logo.jpg)
  • Picture 3 is used for tracks without a cover, which aren't in the media library (Filename in Source List: nocover.jpg)
  • Picture 4 is used for tracks without a cover, which are in the media library (Filename in Source List: nocover_library.jpg)
  • Picture 5 is used for streaming media (Filename in Source List: streaming.jpg)
The Source List looks like this:
Code: [Select]
$if(%path%,,images\albumart\logo.jpg)
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)folder.*
-$replace(%path%,$directory(%path%,1)\%filename_ext%,)folder.*
-$replace(%path%,$directory(%path%,2)\$directory(%path%,1)\%filename_ext%,)folder.*
--$if($stricmp($left(%path%,7),'http://'),images\albumart\streaming.jpg,)
--$if($stricmp($left(%codec%,4),cdda),images\albumart\audio_cd.jpg,)
--images\albumart\nocover$if($stricmp($left(%path%,3),D:\),_library,).jpg

You've got to edit the last line, to match your folders in the library.

NoCover-Image

Reply #153
tango album art

400x400
500x500

NoCover-Image

Reply #154
Mine, a white label vynil

NoCover-Image

Reply #155
PROTIP:
use hello.jpg as the nocover image. great motivation to find those missing covers.

NoCover-Image

Reply #156
This may sound totally ignorant but how do I make one of these no cd art images display when there is no cover art?

NoCover-Image

Reply #157

NoCover-Image

Reply #158
mine, clickable:
[a href="http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nocovermd5.png" target="_blank"]

NoCover-Image

Reply #159
I use this:

If the song I have isn't on an album, I make my own cover art for them. I only use the above image if I know a cover exists, but I can't find it.
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

NoCover-Image

Reply #160

Here's mine. Nice and simple. There are some really nice ones in this thread though! I'm definitely going to set up an radio stream one, I hadn't thought about doing that.

NoCover-Image

Reply #161
This may sound totally ignorant but how do I make one of these no cd art images display when there is no cover art?

File > Preferences > Advanced > Display.

NoCover-Image

Reply #163
Would someone have the "no cover" picture iTunes 7 uses in CoverFlow mode ?

You can see a glimpse of it here (right of the picture) : http://birdhouse.org/blog/wp-content/uploa...09/flipview.png

I don't have the exact same cover, but I quickly made something similar in PS:

Alternative blue version I made to go with my Luna Element foobar config:
  http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9158/nocoverblueil9.png

NoCover-Image

Reply #164
Thanks Dirhael, good work.

Two little comments to make it even better if possible :
- In the original Apple version, the notes aren't doubled with a shadow : it's just a part of CoverFlow's effect (the covers are translucent so you see the next cover, and even the following one if you look closely)
- In the original Apple version, there is a circular color gradient, from light (center) to dark (borders).

NoCover-Image

Reply #165
Thanks Dirhael, good work.

Two little comments to make it even better if possible :
- In the original Apple version, the notes aren't doubled with a shadow : it's just a part of CoverFlow's effect (the covers are translucent so you see the next cover, and even the following one if you look closely)
- In the original Apple version, there is a circular color gradient, from light (center) to dark (borders).

Something more in line with this? I took a look at iTunes, and the gradient doesn't actually start in the center but rather more to the top. There's also a whole lot of banding in the original Apple gradient, so I dropped some of the noise I added previously.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/8137/itunestv3.jpg

NoCover-Image

Reply #166
That's great !  Would you care to share the original PSD file so that I can play with it myself ? Thank you.

NoCover-Image

Reply #167
NoCover-Image is what I want, and more that I want is "filename support".

Now foobar2000 can only show images with file name "cover.*", but I want foobar2000 to show ones with "*cover.*" or "*.jpg" or "*.png".

I'm sorry for my poor written English.
Pacific Moon

NoCover-Image

Reply #168
I've always been fond of the default image Rhythmbox uses:

Though I have foobar set up with a black background so unfortunately it wouldn't fit in...

Would like to see it with a black background if possible though.

NoCover-Image

Reply #169
Well, if you can post the image here at a decent resolution, I'm sure it won't be a problem to make the background black or translucent.

EDIT : your image looks translucent already, so if you can find the file within your hard drive, it should work.

NoCover-Image

Reply #172
another png with transparent background - slightly different

edit - forgot compression on first try

NoCover-Image

Reply #174
I did mine with Illustrator. Put the blame on Adobe.