Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New Foobar Logo (Read 86219 times) previous topic - next topic

New Foobar Logo

Reply #125
ingver, i like what you did with Luceo's design. He has (i believe) the software, but doesn't correctly understand how to make his 16x16 just the head, as YOU'VE done, and me. Could you also explain how you went about making the last 16x16 head icon, (how you imported it, and made it to the icon), i explained it but may not have been to clear.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #126
Here's how I did it Using axialis iconWorkshop.
I love π

New Foobar Logo

Reply #127
I do it the same as SmilerSmiles also. I highly recommend Axialis. It supports vista, mac, and xp icons, at many sizes. And you can export into different image formats.

Also, it supports .psd if I'm not mistaken. Great program.
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

New Foobar Logo

Reply #128
well luceo.. i think you should should do as SmilerSmiles shows here..
I can't really explain anything cause i don't know what kind of software do you use (Axialis iconworkshop and PS?)
I use Aicon (supports PSD too) and Inkscape.. so the process of making a 16x16 icon out of bigger sizes is different then in raster programs.
what i can tell is that you should make the 16x16 icons (once the black bar has been removed) a bit wider.. i made them thin at first but as i later found out - they don't scale so well and look too small. 16x16 icons should look more like squares and fill as much space as possible. since 16 x 16 pixels is already quite small
Oh and one thing more.. Perhaps don't make the outer borders complete black. imo it would look better when the icons had a dark red, dark blue, dark green strokes..
But i guess you have already done the new versions of 16x16 icons and just want to import them to your complete icons. -)

Activethoughts - i think you were clear enough

New Foobar Logo

Reply #129
well luceo.. i think you should should do as SmilerSmiles shows here..

Guys, I am very happy to see this has taken off beyond me, I will make the psd freely available to everyone here so that they can do as they wish with it and post their own creations here. You no longer have to e-mail me to get them. Just have fun and post your creations for us to see.

Hopefully we can create a great icon set.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #131
Activethoughts - i think you were clear enough

thanks
Luceo GREAT NEWS!, i am happy as well that you created these for us to use. I am currently working on them now, and hope others get some nice ideas to share

New Foobar Logo

Reply #132
Hey you go guys try these. I extracted the largest image from the icon, Cut the bottom text from the 16x16 then pasted back the top line. I haven't done anything with the playlist files because I didnt know what I should do to shrink them down. Will play around with the psd Luceo just provided.

LINK
I think there's two copies in that rar. Oops.

EDIT
Heres a megaupload link
LINK
I love π

New Foobar Logo

Reply #133
Well, as I already said, i made a set based on yours a week ago or so...

Download them here

Of course, all icons are included in the set, not only the ones shown in the image above... The CDA and main icon are directly taken from Luceo's set, the others are self-made.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #134
Sorry missed those. on my system i have the icons set to 96x96 and yours look very pixelated at that size.
I love π

New Foobar Logo

Reply #135
Given that both of these icons sets are supposed to originate from Luceo's designs, I'm confused about the differences present.

In XP's "Tile" view (48x48) I prefer SmilerSmiles' icons; however the sheen is totally different to Luceo's avitar and Blackash's icons (an issue previously raised by Canar IIRC).

I prefer Blackash's at 16x16.

SmilerSmiles has more icons: 28 over 27.  Blackash has no SPX icon or LA icon, and TTA is misnamed TTK.  Can't currently see what additional icon he has...  SmilerSmiles' LA icon doesn't really look like part of the set (no sheen visible).

Dunno, just seems like there should be a definitive set, rather than two (or more) interpretations of Luceo's work...

OK, I just downloaded Luceo's last version and read his response to Canar's remark.  It looks like Blaskash's icons are based on the old sheen and SmilerSmiles' on the new.  I still can't help wondering why some icons have the sheen and some don't.  It looks to me as though there are at least three different sheens there (aac, ape, mp3).

I'm sorry for appearing negative, it just seems to me as though the hard work by everyone is a little "misplaced" at the moment.  I'd like to see a more cohesive conclusion to this project.
I'm on a horse.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #136
Well, the reason for the differences is quite simple: I didn't actually USE Luceo's icons. I made my icons myself after looking at Luceo's "drafts". Therefore, a difference in appearance is obvious.
Oh, thanks for letting me know about the typo in the icon set, I'll fix that ASAP.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #137
Well, the reason for the differences is quite simple: I didn't actually USE Luceo's icons. I made my icons myself after looking at Luceo's "drafts". Therefore, a difference in appearance is obvious.
OK, thanks for the info.  I do much prefer the sheen on your icons, and the width and clarity of the 16x16 versions.  An updated FPL FTH would be nice.

Edit: Also, I much prefer the file size of your set, which is more in tunes with the original icons.  250KB for an icon seems a little steep.  I don't know how much effort it would be - once the definitive set has been agreed (if that is likely to happen) - to release an XP version, with limited sizes...
I'm on a horse.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #138
Thanks a million, Luceo. Your work on the aliencat pic is phenomenal, and I'm glad to see that others are picking up the torch. Hopefully we'll have some awesome icons shortly.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #139
Was a .psd / .pdf of the newest alien cat ever posted? I'd like to update my icon set, and [with permission] also put it up to share .

New Foobar Logo

Reply #140
Here is something I've been working on. It scales really well, and has it's own 16x16 icon for those who like clearer small icons. Thoughts?

New Foobar Logo

Reply #141
looks nice, but I think there are too much lines and too less color, which makes it harder to seperate the different icons! would like to see some other sizes...

edit: typo
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

New Foobar Logo

Reply #142
Is this better?

New Foobar Logo

Reply #143
here is one i've did in the style of a older set foobar had. I have different color text to try, black, or white.

From left to right, 256x256,128x128,96x96,48x48,32x32,16x16

New Foobar Logo

Reply #144
Way better, Keikonum! I really dig your version, if you could make one pack with all filetypes (maybe even with AIFF/AC3/DTS, all same as WAV/Generic) I would be highly pleased!
(...I just can't decide if I would like to have the light in the background of the font on the top or bottom... top looks a bit 'round' which I dislike. luceo had it on the bottom...)

I think there should be, now that there are so many different interpretations of Luceos work, at least an overview of those which are complete! Or maybe an "official" set?! Yay let's have a vote... xD

New Foobar Logo

Reply #145
My set is completed with all the main formats, and a few extras. I designed it to be easy to make new formats that look identical to the rest of the set .

Is there a list anywhere of every format that foobar supports (including those provided by external components)? I would like to make my set as complete as possible.

I can release this soon .

New Foobar Logo

Reply #146
Is this better?
Much.

here is one i've did in the style of a older set foobar had. I have different color text to try, black, or white.
They all look very nice.  The text gets a little hard to read in smaller sizes (white on orange?).

Is there a list anywhere of every format that foobar supports (including those provided by external components)? I would like to make my set as complete as possible.
I was going to suggest looking in the foobar icons folder, and the foobar input components wiki page; however the wiki page seems quite sparse. I would look at the other sets uploaded to ensure that you have all those covered.
I'm on a horse.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #147
They all look very nice.  The text gets a little hard to read in smaller sizes (white on orange?).

Thanks for the nice compliments. I too don't like the white text with orange background but that is somewhat like the older ones had. I changed the text color to black. As for it being hard to read(the text at smaller sizes) feel free to point me to a better font. I have re-fixed the previous icon, as well as added a new one.
  From left to right, 256x256,128x128,96x96,48x48,32x32,16x16
Sorry to cut your quote short Synthetic Soul, didn't think it was a need for the full log.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #148
My set is completed with all the main formats, and a few extras...

Yay! Could you post size chart of a file and a playlist icon please?  To see how well it scales...
Synthetic Souls' suggestion where to look to get all supported filetypes is your only choice I think.

Man, this thread is really nice