Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_browser (Read 429364 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_browser

Reply #200
I did that and it stayed exactly the same (as in, the same as what i had before). The settings don't seem to be updating. :/
~

foo_browser

Reply #201
I did that and it stayed exactly the same (as in, the same as what i had before). The settings don't seem to be updating. :/
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=378636"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

After you make a change, shift+right click on a panel and select the format it should use (even if it selecting what you already think its using)
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_browser

Reply #202
Oh, OK, that helps. That updates it.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or if i just messed up, but my sort string still isn't working. It does something -- it removes all the artists that begin with 'the ' from the list. This is the same sort string i'm using in the play list, though, and that works fine, so i think something's wrong with Browser. Unless, again, i'm mistaken about how the sort criteria is supposed to work. :/
~

foo_browser

Reply #203
I'm testing the thing a bit. Let me ask you some questions.

1)  I created 8 panels presets and I list them from top to bottom:

Genre
Style
Artist
Performer
Instrument
Instruments
Performers
Title

I have this kind of a layout:

Code: [Select]
Genre|Artist|Style|Instrument|trackinfo
Title|columns playlists
     |Performers
     |Instruments

It seems to me that Style and Artist are both children of Genre at the same level.
When I click on an item in Artist nothing changes in Style and viceversa.
Am I correct?

2)  In preferences, it would be nice having a column where to choose the parent panel (or the antecedent) for each panel config line).

In this way we will be able to have more than one panel at the same level with the ability to choose which ones and which their parent will be.
(This makes me think of cubism a little as we will be able to see different sides of our collections at the same time.)

3)  Somewhere you talked about n panels: will we have space for storing more than 8 presets, one day?

4)  Maybe could be useful being able to choose to not show "All" in some children panels...

Thanks.

foo_browser

Reply #204
3)  Somewhere you talked about n panels: will we have space for storing more than 8 presets, one day?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=378693"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, thats a bug in the input control, that I have fixed in my development version.

I would strongly advise against having more than a few panels though, because speed is going to be an issue.

The order of precedence is exactly the order of the items in the edit boxes in the preferences.  There is no support for sibling levels and multiple children, etc and I dont believe that adding that is going to likely.

foo_browser

Reply #205
Release 1.1.2

* Better resizing magic
    * switched froms static GetDlgItem() to get_tree() referencing member variable HWND.
    * added hide column headers option
    * added edge style options
    * fixed input control bug that caused you to only be able to enter info for 7 or 8 panels

foo_browser

Reply #206
I still think there must be something wrong with the sort criteria. If i try to do anything related to the tags displayed in the panel, they just get removed from the list.

e.g., if i put $replace(%artist%,'the ','test ') in the sort box, it just removes every artist with the %artist% field from the browser. Same thing happens if i try $substr(%artist%,2,$len(%artist%)). Just removes it entirely.
~

foo_browser

Reply #207
I still think there must be something wrong with the sort criteria. If i try to do anything related to the tags displayed in the panel, they just get removed from the list.

I'll look into it.

You may want to think about using the sort string as the formatting string and sorting by '*' though, because it will be faster, due to the implementation.

foo_browser

Reply #208
Well, it's not really life-or-death or anything. I just wanted to try to get the browser to ignore the word 'the' at the beginning of artist names without actually changing the way it displays the artists. (That's the way i have it set for my play lists.) If i can't get it to work for some reason, it's not a horrible tragedy. But it'd be nice i guess.
~

foo_browser

Reply #209
Thank you for great plugin!

It's really handy to select multiple albums by one artist, is there a way to select multiple artist from single album (in case it's a various artists release)

foo_browser

Reply #210
The last few revisions have been awesome.

A simple suggestion regarding user-friendliness though. You might want to document the <CTRL>+<ENTERR> function somewhere in the browser preferences window. Or simplify the process entirely and implement an "add new" button in the browser preferences window, similar to how the album list views preferences operates. Whereas you'd have your list of headers and the following <up> <down> <delete> <add> buttons. Double clicking a header brings up a popup window where the three fields can be edited. Like I said, mimicking how the album list edits its views.

foo_browser

Reply #211
Thank you cwbowron for the wonderful plugin.

I am trying to accomplish the same thing as lav-chan and I have been having similar issues. This is the sort string I have been using, it has worked in the past.

$if($stricmp($left(artist,3),The),$substr(artist,5,$len(artist)),artist)

When this is placed in the formats field and the sort field is * the artists with 'the ' at the beginning are sorted as they should be, without the 'the' at the beginning. However, when placed in the sort field the results are not sorted as they should be. It is difficult to discern a pattern for the most part the fields seme to be sorted alphabetically but there are places where random albums appear for no reason.

Never mind, after some combination of refreshing the browsers and shift+right clicking the display is now sorting and displaying in the desired format.

foo_browser

Reply #212
Sort Criteria in  foo_browser version 1.1.0 and above not work correctly.

I create new column "Last Played" with format string %last_played% and sort criteria string

$sub(99999999,$substr(%last_played%,1,4)$substr(%last_played%,6,7)$substr(%last_played%,9,10)).

With this string I must sort playlist by by tag %last_played% reversly, but result is bad:

2006-02-10
2006-03-17
2006-02-10
2006-01-19
2006-03-10
2006-03-24
2005-12-08

foo_browser

Reply #213
Hello, first of all, thanks for this awesome plugin, everything works fine...

But I'm a total newby concerning sorting strings and : I'd like to know how, if it's possible, to show only my own personal genre, and not the other ones. In another words : what is the string to choose genre I want to show...? (can't find it in the forum, neither in the foobar string help)

P.S. : I'm aware that my english is bad (it takes me 10mn to write this)... Hope someone will understand my question... 

foo_browser

Reply #214
Sort Criteria in  foo_browser version 1.1.0 and above not work correctly.

I create new column "Last Played" with format string %last_played% and sort criteria string

$sub(99999999,$substr(%last_played%,1,4)$substr(%last_played%,6,7)$substr(%last_played%,9,10)).

With this string I must sort playlist by by tag %last_played% reversly, but result is bad:

2006-02-10
2006-03-17
2006-02-10
2006-01-19
2006-03-10
2006-03-24
2005-12-08
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=378865"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I get similar results with trying to do "recently added."

foo_browser

Reply #215
hi,...

great plugin, but it would be nice to have menuentries just like they are in the albumlist panel,...

i think of "add to playlist", "send to playlist" and so on,...

not the ones in the utilsmenu because there you have to select the playlist. i want to add the album, song,... to the actual playlist by doubleclicking.

will this be implemented or is it already and i just can't find it.

thanks

foo_browser

Reply #216
Tommy01, you need foosion's utilities component. It adds an 'Edit/Add to Current Playlist' function that you can set double-click to perform.
~

foo_browser

Reply #217
@lav-chan

thanks a lot 

foo_browser

Reply #218

e.g., if i put $replace(%artist%,'the ','test ') in the sort box, it just removes every artist with the %artist% field from the browser. Same thing happens if i try $substr(%artist%,2,$len(%artist%)). Just removes it entirely.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=378767"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I havent yet been able to reproduce this.

I set up a panel with this setup:

Header: Artist
Format: artist
Sort: $replace($replace(%artist%,the ,),The ,)

and it seems to work correctly...

foo_browser

Reply #219
That 'artist' thing is kinda weird, i don't really understand how it works. Your replace function seems to work correctly when i do that, but it sorts all weird -- for some reason it goes full albums -> <MISSING> -> single tracks. The only thing that separates single tracks from full albums in my library is the 'garbage' tag, and i have no idea why the browser panel would be looking at that if i didn't tell it to. Or why '<MISSING>' comes in the middle. Totally weird, you might have to explain that one to me.

But yeah, it does, for example, place 'The All-American Rejects' immediately after 'Alkaline Trio' instead of down in the Ts.

If i try the sort string $replace($replace($meta(artist,0),the ,),The ,) (same as yours, but i hate field remapping) with a formatting string more to my liking -- $if2($meta(artist,0),$char(13)'(none)')) -- i get similar weird behaviour:

(1) It's not using $meta(artist,0), it's still using %artist%. For example, 'Rika Muranaka' is in the 'A's because her tracks have 'Akira Yamaoka' in the %album artist% field. (If i set the sort string back to * it puts Rika Muranaka in the 'R's where she belongs.)

(2) It still puts all the artists who have single tracks at the bottom of the list instead of just putting them all in alphabetical order. (Again, if i set the sort string back to * it behaves correctly.)

(3) It still puts '(none)' (which is what i replaced '<MISSING>' with) in between the 'full' artists and the 'single' artists. (If i set the sort string to * it goes back to the top.)

It does correctly ignore 'the' when sorting, so i guess that's a plus....

The string above actually isn't the one that i normally use, but i'm sparing you the specific details since i use a weird tagging method that you probably won't be able to reproduce without a lot of extra work. You shouldn't need my specific string to see that the sorting options are broken though. :/

edit:
This probably doesn't matter, but just in case: I have Windows XP with SP2.
~

foo_browser

Reply #220
I too have problems with panel sorting.

I set up a single Genre panel (with default settings) and when I browse selecting All, songs are not sorted by Genre (I have a column in my PL, so it's easy to check  ).

Also, on Win2k the drop downs in the preferences are not exploded: only one row is visible and I have to use the keyboard to make a selection.

Alessandro

foo_browser

Reply #221
Any chance of adding support for customizable captions? Instead of stating Browser I would love if I could customize it to "Genre" or "Artist"....

Thanks for the compoenent, I can't believe we went without this for this long!

foo_browser

Reply #222
Any chance of adding support for customizable captions? Instead of stating Browser I would love if I could customize it to "Genre" or "Artist"....

Thanks for the compoenent, I can't believe we went without this for this long!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=379008"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I dont think that it is possible due to the order in which things happen.  Column UI asks for the name (caption) before I know what is going in the panel.

foo_browser

Reply #223
Hello, first of all, thanks for this awesome plugin, everything works fine...

But I'm a total newby concerning sorting strings and : I'd like to know how, if it's possible, to show only my own personal genre, and not the other ones. In another words : what is the string to choose genre I want to show...? (can't find it in the forum, neither in the foobar string help)

P.S. : I'm aware that my english is bad (it takes me 10mn to write this)... Hope someone will understand my question...  
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=378870"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I allow myself to ask again, is there a way to show only the chosen genre, I don't know the string to use...? Maybe someone can answer or give me an url where some infos are...

Thanx in advance....

foo_browser

Reply #224
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=378870"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Its not possible to show only one genre, but it is possible to show one genre, and an "other" category or something similar.

use a format string such as:

$if(strcmp(%genre%,MyGenre),My Genre,Other)

look at /titleformat_help.html in foobar2000 program directory for more information about what that does.