Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_playlists_dropdown (Read 479901 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_playlists_dropdown

Reply #276
Thank you for all your time and effort put in testing my component! Is it possible that the crashes you mension occur only in 64bit versions of Windows?

I can't say it is impossible, but I never faced any problem about WOW64.
I guess it maybe caused by you forgot to call some initialize API functions? some libraries need the application to call something to initialize itself. e.g. GDI+, Common Controls, etc.
This could cause it *sometimes* works but sometimes it is failed, because it might be called by another components in the foobar2000 or some modules(dll, maybe also a hook) which loaded by foobar2000.

Reply #277
minor suggestion: when removing (delete) playlist can we be redirected to the previously visited playlist instead the next?
thanks

Reply #278
Would it be possible to add separate filed holding playlist length in seconds or rounding it only to hours (i.e. >24 hour wouldn't be converted to days, etc.)?

Reply #279
Verson 0.7.1 released. Please report if problems with crashing fb2k on Prefs Page or on init still occur.

www.fb2k.org/show.php?id=142
  • Several bugs fixed (?)
  • Added %length_hours% and %length_seconds% fields
  • Recompiled with newer Columns UI SDK

minor suggestion: when removing (delete) playlist can we be redirected to the previously visited playlist instead the next? thanks

Sorry, this is default core's behavior. Maybe I'll add it as an option. What do you mean by previously visited? Do you mean previously active playlist, or simply the playlist preceding the deleted one?

Would it be possible to add separate filed holding playlist length in seconds or rounding it only to hours (i.e. >24 hour wouldn't be converted to days, etc.)?

You can use %length_hours% and %length_seconds% fields introduced in 0.7.1.

Reply #280
What do you mean by previously visited? Do you mean previously active playlist, or simply the playlist preceding the deleted one?

Thanks for the new version and for considering the suggestion

Yes, I was thinking about previous active playlist: f.e. I'm working in playlist A, then switch to/make another playlist B (through playlists dropdown or some other way) and finished with it so I middle click it (delete) and the suggestion is to be redirected to previously active (playlist A) instead of the next playlist (next in terms of playlist number)

Reply #281
You can use %length_hours% and %length_seconds% fields introduced in 0.7.1.

Now I know, tho previously those fields were absent and so feature req. on my part (;

Anyhow - thanks for the update!

Reply #283
Thanks for the update, but the Explorer Tree is still crash foobar2k when I select Playlists Dropdown in Preference..
(if installed Microsoft Enterprise 2007 SP2)

Reply #286
I love the functionality and customization options available in Playlists Dropdown, but I wonder if it wouldn't be too much trouble to ask for a full-fledged panel version of this component.  Columns UI's playlist switcher is rudimentary at best and has been overlooked for a long time.  But your component already has all the features that one could ask for in a playlist switcher.  I'm not any sort of code guru, so I have no idea how difficult or not it might be to port your code to a panels version, but this is something I've been meaning to ask for some time.  Thanks for your hard work and continued support of the fb2k community.

Reply #287
Drag & drop works fine from outside foobar, but I can't get it to work from foobar playlist or anywhere inside foobar. Can this be done?

Reply #288
When I create a new playlist from the context menu, it's created but not showed. Can you fix this?
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #289
[...] I wonder if it wouldn't be too much trouble to ask for a full-fledged panel version of this component.  [...] Thanks for your hard work and continued support of the fb2k community.

Thank you. What specific features from Dropdown do you need in Playlist Switcher? Except for icons and styles  Anyways, I'm not (currently) planning to make such component.

Drag & drop works fine from outside foobar, but I can't get it to work from foobar playlist or anywhere inside foobar. Can this be done?

Thanks for the report. I'll investigate it.

When I create a new playlist from the context menu, it's created but not showed. Can you fix this?

I believe that it was fixed some time ago. Please update the pugin to the most recent version (0.7.2) and check if the problem still ocurs.

Reply #290
[...] I wonder if it wouldn't be too much trouble to ask for a full-fledged panel version of this component.  [...] Thanks for your hard work and continued support of the fb2k community.

Thank you. What specific features from Dropdown do you need in Playlist Switcher? Except for icons and styles  Anyways, I'm not (currently) planning to make such component.

The styling feature is what I wanted, actually.  There are options to customize all other components endlessly, except for CUI's playlist switcher.  But, I understand that you're spending your free time on developing your component and not making any money off of it.  Your only payment is a sense of accomplishment and the thanks of the FB2k community.  So, thanks again. =]

Reply #291

The styling feature is what I wanted, actually.  There are options to customize all other components endlessly, except for CUI's playlist switcher.  But, I understand that you're spending your free time on developing your component and not making any money off of it.  Your only payment is a sense of accomplishment and the thanks of the FB2k community.  So, thanks again. =]

Still love this component, one of my most widely used ones of foobar.  Biggest thing I am looking for is the sorting option.  I have many playlists, and sorting maeks a big diff for me as far as usability.  I know it is on your list, just gently prodding for it.

Reply #292
Will foo_playlists_sort work for you?

terry

Reply #296
Please check the new verision:

Version 0.7.4.2:
  • Rearranged context-menu
  • Improved context-menu "Paste" item behavior (playlists/files distinction)
  • Fixed several Drag & Drop issues
  • Added Play context-menu action
  • Changed default formatting/styling strings
  • Activate now playing playlist activates playing item also
Download: www.fb2k.org/show.php?id=142

Reply #297
Thanks
Drag & Drop from anywhere

Reply #298
Version 0.7.4.3:
  • Removed D&D custom playlist autonaming options (using core autonaming now, 0.9.5+ core required)
  • Middle click action now supports all main menu commands (defaults to View/Columns Playlist/Activate now playing)
  • Added Use middle button to reorder playlists option
Download: www.fb2k.org/show.php?id=142

Reply #299
Hi, im using 0.7 beta1 and with the newest version i cant delete a playlist with the middle mouse button, is that normal ?