Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Best Way To Make A 1 To 1 Copy Of An Audio Cd? (Read 5509 times) previous topic - next topic

Best Way To Make A 1 To 1 Copy Of An Audio Cd?

Hi experts!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that the best way to make a perfect 1- 1 copy of an audio cd is to use EAC(make image and cue sheet) and then burn it in EAC if the recorder is corrected. If not I import the cue sheet to nero and burn it there. Do I have to make any specific settings in nero?

Are there better ways of making a perfect copy?
Regards
Nille
peter nielsen

Reply #1
Hmm.. Be sure to burn it at a speed of 4X, that's the best speed to burn CDDA, so that your audio CD won't have jitter errors and stuff.
Just a recommendation, some say that's not true, but i believe it is and is very important.

Reply #2
EAC checks that the reading is perfect. For this, it must be configured in secure mode, with the right settings. The best secureness is achieved with the "test and copy" actions.

Then to check the burning, you must extract the copy and compare it to the original files. EAC's copare wave tool is the best, because it can compensate for offsets, while a file comparison utility will find differences because of the offset, even if there is no error save the offset.

Reply #3
thanks for your help
peter nielsen

Reply #4
Hmm.. Be sure to burn it at a speed of 4X, that's the best speed to burn CDDA, so that your audio CD won't have jitter errors and stuff.
Just a recommendation, some say that's not true, but i believe it is and is very important.

In the true spirit of HA, I'd very much like to see some documentation to back up that claim. I have never seen any. But I have seen documentation that proves the opposite.

Reply #5
Don't know if it's true or not...but you could read 2bdecided's comments here (seems like he believes it):
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....47136982d1b49a9

I haven't found the final word in jitter myself but you could look at this site and some of it's links to see if it can convince you or the oposite...I haven't read it.

http://www.geocities.com/jonrisch/jitter.htm

Reply #6
Have a look into this recording test table.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Articles/S...D%2DRW&index=10

It is the graph with the Plasmon and mitsubishi.

Seems that the Mitsubishi and the burner are a perfect team
but the plasmon reacts on the different speeds as meant to.

Wombat
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #7
http://www.geocities.com/jonrisch/jitter.htm

I have to say I wouldn't trust anything Jon Risch says. He is the "pope" of snake-oil-oriented audiophiles, and has been discredited many times at the rec.audio groups. He also is moderator of a forum about "magic" cables where DBT discussion is not allowed.

About jitter, I still maintain that if you use a good quality cd player or soundcard, jitter is no problem at all, because jitter is eliminated at the DAC stage, and the clocks used are usually good enough. See some measuremets of audio devices, including jitter measurements at www.pcavtech.com.

Reply #8
Thanks for all your answers.
The thing is, you've made me all confused now, I'm very much a newbie.
So what is the best way to, simply,  copy an audio cd, making sure the quality is good?

See ya
Nille
peter nielsen

Reply #9
Good Old EAC to rip and burn, just burn a test offset CD to check the offsets needed on the CD Writer and voila a nice audio cd fresh of the production line!
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Reply #10
Using a test cd will only give you teh combined offset.
What you really want is the read offset.

edit: nille, to set up EAC properly: http://www.ping.be/satcp/tutorials.htm
Btw.: More concrete questions are easier to help you with.

Reply #11

Combined is enough when same drive is used for reading and writing.

Reply #12

Combined is enough when same drive is used for reading and writing.

Of course. But I think most ppl would want to have the read offset. Telling ppl to use the combined offset might be misleading.

Reply #13
to, simply,  copy an audio cd, making sure the quality is good?

Offsets are of no use at all if you want simplicity and good quality.

You want offset if you're doing professional CD mastering, or if you're an intermediate in a trading chain.