Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New tool: React - [Run EAC Tasks] (Read 288797 times) previous topic - next topic

New tool: React - [Run EAC Tasks]

Reply #75
@szczepl:
Are you sure you've set the language settings in EAC to English?
That's obligatory for REACT to work.

Reply #76
@szczepl:
Are you sure you've set the language settings in EAC to English?
That's obligatory for REACT to work.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=340879"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

nope, I didn't know this
Ok, now it's OK 
tnx !

Reply #77
FYI: I'm working on next version of REACT:
  • It sets the @preemph@ flag (0 or 1) in image mode, so you can use sox.exe to de-emphasis the ripped wav before encoding. I have modified configurations to do this.
  • You can also set RemoveCuePreemph=1 in your config section to remove the "FLAGS PRE" in the cuesheet.
  • It sets the @islast@ flag (0 or 1) which tells you if this is the last track ripped on the album (@proxima: it's not enough to check the existance of the @eaclog@ file when encodings are queued. REACT compares the time stamp of the .wav and the .log file too). Configurations are updated to use @islast@.
  • Added a [VW_MP3] config to show how to create multiple output formats.
  • REACT setup sets language to English. Shows a warning if it is changed.
  • REACT will no longer auto-restore EAC from minimized state. Instead it will issue a warning - the @eaclog@ file will then not be created until EAC is restored. Hint: do not minimize EAC - put your other apps on top of it instead!
Will be ready when it's done, but maybe the end of this weekend.
Cheers.

Reply #78
@tycho:
Just wanted to say "Thank-You" for this useful tool and all the work you've spent (and will be spending) in developing it! It works like a charm.

sundance

P.S. I thought I once read there was a variable that holds the tracknumber without leading zeros but I can't find it in the doc. Is there such a thing?

Reply #79
@sundance: Thanks. Here's a way to get track numbers without leading zeros. Put it in your config, and use %track% instead of @track@.
Code: [Select]
1=>@set track=@track@
2=>@for %%i in (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) do @if 0%%i==@track@ set track=%%i

/edit: you are right that EAC sends the track number without a leading zero, but REACT adds a leading zero, because it is useful in filenames. I wonder if I should make @track@ be without a leading zero, and add $track$ with leading zero. In that case, you can forget about the above from next release. It may cause some backward compability issues, though.

Reply #80
Does anyone rip to tracks and also create a cue sheet?

Is there a way to have REACT create a non-compliant cue sheet with gaps, then rip to tracks?

Would appreciate the insight.

Looks like a great tool, can't wait to get it up and running.
Guinness for strength!

Reply #81
Hi,

1st Thanks for your tool and support!

2nd I am having a problem with my setup, after the rip and encode I will end up with the .flac files in the original rip-to directory and the .mp3's in a folder named @dest2@. Here is my ini..

[Settings]
Config=flaclame
outdir1="C:\Audio\Extracted\FLAC\$artist$\$album$"
outdir2="C:\Audio\Extracted\MP3\$artist$\$album$"
EAC=C:\eac\EAC.exe
musicdir=c:\Audio\Extracted\flac
encdir=C:\eac\REACT\Encoders
LogFile=c:\audio\react_log.txt
CodePage=1252
MinimizeCompressionWindow=1
ProcessPriority=1
ImageHotkey={F10}
ImageNaming=$artist$ - (@year@) $album$
KeyRemap1={F4}|+{F5}
KeyRemap2=|
KeyRemap3=|
Sla_Bks_Col_Qst_Bar_Quo_Ast_Lt_Gt=-|-|-||!|'|#|[|]
Version=0.993
Debug=1

[flaclame-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create FLAC and LAME -V8 mp3 files
ImageExt=flac
CuesheetExt=flac.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
WaveGainExtraOpt=
dest1=C:\Audio\Extracted\FLAC\$artist$\$album$
dest2=C:\Audio\Extracted\MP3\$artist$\$album$
1=>"C:\eac\REACT\Encoders\wapet.exe" "@image@" -f "CUESHEET=@cuesheet@" "C:\eac\REACT\Encoders\flac.exe" -8 -f -V --replay-gain "@source@" -o "@image@" -T ARTIST="@artist@" -T ALBUM="@album@" -T DATE="@year@" -T GENRE="@genre@" -T COMMENT="FLAC 1.1.2 + REACT"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>"C:\eac\REACT\Encoders\acdir.exe" --overwrite --output "@dest2@\$n. $~t - $~a.mp3" --pipe "C:\eac\REACT\Encoders\lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new --ignore-tag-errors --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --scale @scale@ --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qLAME 3.97a11 -V8 vbr-new + REACT$q $x - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
4=>if errorlevel 1 pause
5=>del "@source@"

Also does this setup embed a cue sheet into the flac image?

Thanks for your help, sorry I am not so handy with the ini

Reply #82
Use destdir1 instead of dest1, and explicitly move the image + cue (@destbase@.*) to @destdir1@. Using the flac --cuesheet argument, you'll get a cuesheet without text info embedded, but the full external cuesheet is there too.
To embed cuesheet with text in flac images, you can use Tag.exe -f CUESHEET=..", or probably the modified flac version (found around here), which stores tags from files, similar to wavpack, i.e. flac -T "CUESHEET=@file.txt".
[flaclame-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create FLAC and LAME -V8 mp3 files
ImageExt=flac
CuesheetExt=flac.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
destdir1=C:\Audio\Extracted\FLAC\$artist$\$album$
destdir2=C:\Audio\Extracted\MP3\$artist$\$album$
1=>"C:\eac\REACT\Encoders\flac.exe" -8 -f -V --replay-gain "@source@" -o "@image@" --cuesheet="@cuesheet@" -T ARTIST="@artist@" -T ALBUM="@album@" -T DATE="@year@" -T GENRE="@genre@" -T COMMENT="FLAC 1.1.2 + REACT"
2=>move "@destbase@.*" "@eaclog@" "@destdir1@"
3=>"C:\eac\REACT\Encoders\acdir.exe" --overwrite --output "@destdir2@\$n. $~t - $~a.mp3" --pipe "C:\eac\REACT\Encoders\lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new --ignore-tag-errors --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --scale @scale@ --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qLAME 3.97a11 -V8 vbr-new + REACT$q $x - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
4=>del "@source@"

Reply #83
Thanks!

That got the MP3 files in the right place, but the .flac and cuesheet are sitting in the root directory c:\Audio\Extracted, any thoughts?

Also, what would be the line to insert into the .ini to use tag.exe to embed the cuesheet?

Thanks again for the help.

Reply #84
Got it!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Reply #85
Still looking for someone with the ACDIR version of REACT or help with the new config. Completly dead in the water here. Thanks

Reply #86
I believe VCSkier posted an INI using ACDIR on the other (original) REACT thread.

I don't know what you need.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #87
I either need to know how to adapt my ini to encode two MP3s with different settings or I need an older copy of REACT that used ACDIR. I installed the new version and don't know how to configure it and I overwrote the old version when I installed.

Reply #88
You can use ACDIR with the newset version of REACT.

Here is VCSkier's INI which implements ACDIR (actually in this same thread).

I assume you would just need to set up destdir3/dest3, duplicate line 2 and then amend dest(dir)2 to dest(dir)3 and amend the LAME settings.

I'm sorry, I'm sure you've posted your exact requirements somewhere, but I don't have time to hunt for them.

You've probably more experience with a REACT INI than me, but if you want to post your exact requirements (file names and paths, etc.) than I (or others) may be able to help.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #90
Wow this is stellar.

I am now ripping images of a CD, encoding it and the cuesheet into one big FLAC in one complete step.

Then I use Foobar to get the replaygain album tags and then convert to my audio format of choice with all of the tags intact.

Great job!
iTunes 10 - Mac OS X 10.6
256kbps AAC VBR
iPhone 4 32GB

Reply #91
I'm sorry, I'm sure you've posted your exact requirements somewhere, but I don't have time to hunt for them.
earlier post with previous and current settings so far
The only two problems I can see with your original is:
  • Swap outdir1 and outdir2 with destdir1 and destdir2
  • Use the tilde in ACDIR to ensure a legal filename, e.g.: "@outdir1@\[$n] $~t.mp3"
However, you are obviously trying to apply scale values, and I don't know about REACT's variables for that.  I see your later version uses a different syntax, and I know nothing about it.

If I were you I would start simple, ensure simple works, and then get more complicated gradually.  It's easier to debug that way.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #92
The only two problems I can see with your original is:
  • Swap outdir1 and outdir2 with destdir1 and destdir2
  • Use the tilde in ACDIR to ensure a legal filename, e.g.: "@outdir1@\[$n] $~t.mp3"
However, you are obviously trying to apply scale values, and I don't know about REACT's variables for that.  I see your later version uses a different syntax, and I know nothing about it.

If I were you I would start simple, ensure simple works, and then get more complicated gradually.  It's easier to debug that way.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=341600"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well my primary problem is there really isn't a document that explains how REACT works. tycho wrote the original INI to do what I wanted and I can kinda follow what it's doing but i can only follow part of what the new one does so i'm completly stuck. i really don't even know if i should be concerned about ACDIR not being in the new one.

Essentially I want to rip a CD, wavegain the file, and encode 2 MP3 files at different settings. The only reason I upgraded at all is because REACT failed when there was punctuation in the file name of any kind so i had to start the whole process over. I don't know if it was a problem with ACDIR or REACT settings. My hope was that the newer version addressed this. I didn't realize that the new settings would be so different though and still not having documentation doesn't help. I was hoping tycho would help but so far hasn't.

Reply #93
has anyone discovered a way to prevent or fix the problem with the hotkey's being lost.  it was working 15 mins ago, and now i can't get eac w/ react to rip to an image with the hotkey, or via the action menu.  i can't think of anything i did to cause it...

edit:  it was very late when i posted this...  apparently i was having a problem with a specific cd that had a ":" in the cd title.  somehow, that was preventing the the rip to image process.  this morning i deleted the ":", and the rip worked fine.
a windows-free, linux user since 1/31/06.

Reply #94
Confirmed.

If I add ":" to the CD Title I can no longer use F10.  If I remove it I can.  "/" seems to do the same.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #95
I am trying to use the default LAME config and it doesn't seem to work.  Should it work "out of the box"

Reply #96
REACT 0.994 released.

- Much refined configs + added [WV_MP3].
- Added @islast@ (track on CD, in track-mode)
- Added @preemp@ (flag - note: only in image-mode!).
- @track@ has nolonger leading zero. Added var. $track$ with leading zero.
- If checking @preemp@ and deemphasising the CD with sox, you can set RemoveCuePreemp=1 in config to remove 'FLAGS PRE's from cuesheet.

When installing, your old ini file will be moved away, and a new is created. Most configs willl create files containing replaygain info (both track and album), but the lossy (ogg and mp3) uses --scale <album scale> to apply the gain on the stream.

Note the new [WV_MP3] config:
- In image mode, it creates a wavpack image with RG album tags + mp3 tracks that are scaled to album gain.
- In track mode, it creates wavpack tracks with RG track+album tags + mp3 tracks that are scaled to album gain.
- These configs are fairly complex, but it should still be possible (for some of you ) to modify for other encoders than Wavpack and lame.

/edit: the package contains all (latest) encoders and tools needed, except for oggenc2.exe, and sox.exe if you need to deephasis a CD (rarely needed).

Reply #97
React 0.995 Released.

Just fixed a few bugs in the configurations, and added [PORTABLE] config for those who missed that.

Reply #98
@tycho:
Thanks a lot for the new version. Just checked what's been changed in the INI file "procedures" for FLAC tracks and wondered why you redesigned the way things are done. Earlier versions encoded the files while EAC was running and replaygain all of them at the end. Now you save the WAVs, create a dummy file that holds all the tags and do the processing at the end.
What's the benefit of doing it that way? Just curious...

Reply #99
@tycho:
Thanks a lot for the new version. Just checked what's been changed in the INI file "procedures" for FLAC tracks and wondered why you redesigned the way things are done. Earlier versions encoded the files while EAC was running and replaygain all of them at the end. Now you save the WAVs, create a dummy file that holds all the tags and do the processing at the end.
What's the benefit of doing it that way? Just curious...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=342616"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You're welcome. The new FLAC track-profile doesn't need the extra (and slow) metaflac line to calculate albumgain. Both album and track replaygains are calculated during the flac encoding of all tracks.
/add: Not a big deal, though - the previous way worked well too. Another small benefit is that all encoding is done in one step and you can follow that in one window.