Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_browser (Read 429589 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_browser

Reply #652
That would be nice.

foo_browser

Reply #653
I'm new to this component. I cannot figure out a way to stop the playlist from populating every time I click an artist in one of the browser panels. Rather I'd like for it to populate when I double click an artist. Is this even possible? If not the option to do so should be implemented, please! 

foo_browser

Reply #655
Is anyone using foo_browser on Vista RC2 successfully? I've setup my design partly on XP/Vista, but while setup with no problems on XP, it's totally unusable in Vista. I get "Bad Allocation" on almost every action I take. Often i'm unable to start fb2k - Only deleting my database.fpl file could make it start up again.

Edit: I think the problems are somewhat related to foo_playlists_dropdown (I've had my issues with this one on XP too). But I wonder why the problems remain after removal of the plugin, and things aren't back to normal before the Media Library has been deleted and rebuild.

Final edit: Columns UI author has announced that Vista causes random crashes with fb2k. However to my experience, foo_albumlist (same author) is causing the most instability
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

foo_browser

Reply #656
I am using foo_browser and love it!

I have one question. I can click an artist, and the album browser is refined. I can click an album and the playlist is refined. That is great.

I would really like to be able to doubleclick either the artist, or the album and for the 'play button' to be activited. Is there any way to do this?

foo_browser

Reply #657
I am using foo_browser and love it!

I have one question. I can click an artist, and the album browser is refined. I can click an album and the playlist is refined. That is great.

I would really like to be able to doubleclick either the artist, or the album and for the 'play button' to be activited. Is there any way to do this?

Yes, there's an option for setting the double-click's function in the preferences. If it isn't there, then you need an additional component which I forget the name of. On the other hand I've had mixed results from trying to do it, so it may not be faultless (I can't check because I'm not at home)

foo_browser

Reply #658
Yup, double-click function list doesn't include 'Play'.

So here's my vote/request for that

foo_browser

Reply #659
I think this relies on the functionality of foo_utils to work, and it should appear under "Edit/Send to Current Playlist and Play"

foo_browser

Reply #660

File> Preferences> Media Library> Browser

• Automatically Activate

Have you tried (un)checking this box?

Thanks very much, solved.  I saw SOOOOO SICK of hearing track 1 of "Adrian belew" every time i opened a file

LOL

I had that happen as well and I swear the first song of whatever it was, was the most annoying song EVER.

It was working for me before, but now its still repopulating everything and not leaving off on the song that I left it at!
Bostitch vs. Swingline; Choose your stapler wisely.

foo_browser

Reply #661
I think this relies on the functionality of foo_utils to work, and it should appear under "Edit/Send to Current Playlist and Play"

Hmmm.. under foo_utils there is "send to playlist..." but that invokes a new window asking for the target playlist, when I select one it still doesn't play.

All I want is simple 'play'  the playlists are already acting perfectly

foo_browser

Reply #663
I love the plugin, but when it sorts the playlist, it does so by track title.  I dont really get the sort dialogue in the prefs menu.

foo_browser

Reply #664
Is itpossible to show more than one Tag in one browser panel? E.g. i want to show the tags %artist% and %featuring% (multivalue) in the panel for the artists and dont want to have seperated panels.

thx

foo_browser

Reply #665
%<artist,featuring>%

foo_browser

Reply #667
Has this been recompiled to work with Vista?
And does anyone have a way to sort the Artists to just ignore 'The' but still allow it to display the Artist as 'The ___'?

foo_browser

Reply #668
Has this been recompiled to work with Vista?
And does anyone have a way to sort the Artists to just ignore 'The' but still allow it to display the Artist as 'The ___'?

It hasn't.

use
Code: [Select]
$replace(%artist%,The ,)

(in your sorting field)

foo_browser

Reply #669
Hmm..alright well thanks for the Sorting code, guess I'll have to use Playlist Tree for now because foo_browser really doesnt like Vista.

foo_browser

Reply #670
I think it's a question of time. I am sure the develloper will compile this plugin so that it will work in Vista. 

Oh maybe not
I no longer use foo_browser, and as such no longer actively develop this plugin. If you are a developer and would like to take over this component, please email me.

foo_browser

Reply #671
= Release 1.2.3 =
* recompiled with latest SDK
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_browser

Reply #672
Thank you cwbowron! I love this plugin (maybe because I secretly love iTunes?).

foo_browser

Reply #673
Hi and sorry if this has been discussed.

Is it possible to display a multi-artist tag like "artist1 vs. artist2" in both a1 and a2 menus instead of its own?

foo_browser

Reply #674
Hi and sorry if this has been discussed.

Is it possible to display a multi-artist tag like "artist1 vs. artist2" in both a1 and a2 menus instead of its own?

I don't know that it is directly, but there is a script built in to foobar2000's tagging system that splits "artist" tags into several ones (e.g. if there's an "and", or a "," or a few other sets of characters it will become two tags at that point.) This then sorts correctly.