Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo_uie_albumart (Read 1103198 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #25
I think I found the cause of my problem. It's probably related to the path:
Code: [Select]
E:\¤ Punk-Hardcore\A.F.I\A.F.I. - The Art of Drowning
So, I guess it can't handle the '¤'  character, and that's why nothing showed up earlier.

Btw: When shrinking, the resize algoritm gives it a patchwork effect. But, I guess that's something that might be changed in a future version.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #26
The ability to use .jpg would be nive, since all my covers are in this format.

Thanks for the great plug-in

NH

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #27
The ability to use .jpg would be nive, since all my covers are in this format.

Thanks for the great plug-in

NH
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253870"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For me all my Folder.jpg pictures work!

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #28
My bad, changed name of file to folder and it workrd.

Thanks

NH

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #29
Awesome! You're making it harder and harder for me when I switch back to linux next week...

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #30
Have you thought about supporting the COVER tag if available?  iTunes writes this in both AAC and MP3 (ID3v2) files.

Given latest iPod has support for album art this would be a nice way of keeping foobar and iTunes consistent.

+Reardon

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #31
Version 0.03a added.

@reardon: How exactly does it store the cover? Is it a tag that has the file's adress? If so, then it is now supported with the new version. Otherwise, is it simply binary data within a tag?... do you know where I may find specifications about the standart use of covers in tags? I may consider implementing this (I might not implement it though).

@TedFromAccounting:
1. Maybe. It's actually kinda easy so I just might.
2. Added to to-do.
3. Now possible.

Right now, I'm trying to fix the special characters thing. It seems that even with a literal with special characters, _tfopen fails. Anyone know of a practical alternative that would work with special characters and would just return a FILE*?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #32
Thanks! Just wanted to let you know this is appreciated.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #33
How about wildcard support in the 'Sources for album cover art images' section.
For instance, I really don't have a set cover image filename, so after say the first rule failed to find an image, a *.jpg rule would simply find the first image it finds in the directory and use that.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #34
What would be cool is a way to have the plugin search a directory for a file that matches a certain naming scheme based on the tags of the file being played. I have all of my art in one folder. For instance, it takes the artist and album tags for the playing song and uses the art located in C:\stuff\music\coverart\%artist% - %album%.jpg (or wherever the user has their files located)

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #35
hmm the download link doesn't seem to be working

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #36
Thanks, eveyone.

Version updated.

@nbv4: Already possible in last version. The cover art source specification supports TAGZ (the title formatting thing foobar uses).

@hedge153: Was already planning on implementing that.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #37
Version updated.

Thanks, looking good.

FYI, you forget to update the part of your first post "UPDATE: version updated XXXX"

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #38
Is there a possibility of adding a feature to scan archived files for images and displaying them ? or maybe a way to extract images in archives and store them in a temp folder ?
You're talking to my guy all wrong... It's the wrong tone. Say it again, and i'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #39
not work if my path contain cyryllic(russian) characters.
example:
C:\Моя музыка\Зарубежная музыка\TRAVIS\08-Travis - 12 Memories (2003)\08-Love Will Come Through.mp3

worked example:
C:\1\80 Tangomania.mp3

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #40
Absolutely no problems with this plugin.  Awesome!

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #41
Maybe I just need sleep or more skill, but if my cover art has a filename like "Artist - Album.jpg" how would I get this to display it properly?  I can't think of it right now. I can't wait to try this out.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #42
@Souble0Syx: If the cover art is in the track's path, add $left(%_path%,$sub($len(%_path%),$len(%_filename_ext%)))%artist% - %album%.jpg as a source, if it's in some central folder then prolly something like c:\cover_art\%artist% - %album%.jpg

@free: I know. Going to be fixed. Look at the to-do list.

@Tomacco_Boy: Probably won't get implemented. Sorry. I don't think it's an integral feature and I can't imagine people would find it useful.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #43
@Tomacco_Boy: Probably won't get implemented. Sorry. I don't think it's an integral feature and I can't imagine people would find it useful.

Sadden to hear that, mainly cause i get allot of my music in archives and i keep them that way to save space. And of course im not the only person doing this too, as far as i know. anyways keep up the great work on the component
You're talking to my guy all wrong... It's the wrong tone. Say it again, and i'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #44
Hey, recently I have been getting a dialog box with
"metadb_handle leaks, 1 objects"
when quitting foobar. I thought of what plugins I have recently installed, and removing them one by one, narrowed it down to yours.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #45
Right now, I'm trying to fix the special characters thing. It seems that even with a literal with special characters, _tfopen fails. Anyone know of a practical alternative that would work with special characters and would just return a FILE*?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253894"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
static FILE * streamio_open(const char * path,const char * flags); // if for some bloody reason you ever need stream io compatibility, use this, INSTEAD of calling fopen() on the path string you've got; will only work with file:// (and not with http://, unpack:// or whatever)
If you can get around the limitation of needing a FILE *, you can also use the regular foobar2000 file/reader API, which would enable reading from inside archives, if foo_unpack or a similar component is installed.

I thought of what plugins I have recently installed, and removing them one by one, narrowed it down to yours.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253962"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
rexy, you should release any used metadb_handle in your initquit::on_quit/on_system_shutdown handlers. If you do it later, foobar2000 will report a metadb_handle leak.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #46
I want to give in fixed with and hight and maybe add an visual frame (or border how you want to call it) is this hard to code into?

Also would it be possible with the current panels structure to make an auto hiding function in the panel, because no album art in the folder, it leaves an ugly space in my sidebar.

I'm just thinking of ways to make it look better, next to that I give you 2 thumbs up and a hug for this great panel

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #47
Yes, finally! Very nice!

Pretty please add the option: "fit image to panel". So it takes the dimensions of the panel, regardless if its not the aspect ratio of the original jpeg

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #48
I really like the way the list of sources work. But, wildcard support would make it perfect, and save me alot of work as well. I have always just dragged and dropped images from e.g. Walmart and Amazon and they are named e.g. "0082876511082_500X500.jpg". Hence they would all need to be renamed.

Up until now I've been using foo_looks for albumart, and it's wildcard support made the drag'n'drop above, work just fine, and it also made it pretty easy to always pick the front cover when there were several to choose from (e.g.: *front*.jpg).

Keep up the good work! 

Edit: grammar

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #49
Just thought this would compliment your work rexy.

http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/projects/albumart/

Its an album cover downloader, and i know im not the only one who'll find this very useful indeed.