Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Formatting string specifying background color (Read 2376 times) previous topic - next topic

Formatting string specifying background color

I think formatting strings should be able to specify the text *background* color in the same way they can specify the foreground color. If not that, at least the color for the list item instead of each character.

Is there any reason why this couldn't/shouldn't be implemented? It could be useful for highlighting the current song in a more obvious way (unless I'm the only one who thinks changing the text color can't draw very much attention without affecting readability). It could also highlight songs without tags, songs below a certain bitrate, etc.

Reply #1
AFAIK you can't specify different line colours in the control used for displaying the playlist
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Reply #2
Check out ZiY0N's string in the Title Formatting thread, I think something like that does a great job of drawing attention to the currently playing song.

Reply #3
No, you can't specify line colors in the standard windows listbox control. However, you also can't use different colors for different characters, nor can you right-align text. Foobar does both of these. So foobar is already doing some kind of custom drawing. The fact that the right aligned text covers up the left aligned text with the background color, as opposed to overlapping (which is what the windows API functions for text drawing do) suggests that foobar is already drawing at least part of the background manually as well.