Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: vorbis RC3 Pre4 (Read 5131 times) previous topic - next topic

vorbis RC3 Pre4

Looks like small tuning changes. All versions available later today at:

http://www.inf.ufpr.br/~rja00/

as usual.

john33

vorbis RC3 Pre4

Reply #1
Already uploaded.

vorbis RC3 Pre4

Reply #2
Hey everyone this is getting rather serious right here!

I fed the rc3pre4 oggenc with my favourite problem samples with -b 192 and -b 256 and it sounded DAMN GOOD! No more ABXing for me until I get my electrostatic speakers (eta 20 years)

When bitrate peeling and quality-based VBR are reality this *happy camper* is doing some serious OGGing :listening

vorbis RC3 Pre4

Reply #3
I've had success with various sample rates with the ogg drag & drop encoder available at the Vorbis download page.  I tried the new one listed here and it worked for me at 44.1KHz but not at 22.05.  It just quit and the icon disappeared from the screen.  I can not find where any log file of errors might be kept.

Does anyone have some thoughts on this?  I'm using Windows XP.  Garf's tuned drap & drop encoder wouldn't work for me either with Windows 98SE and ME.  Have the computer gods put a hex on me?

vorbis RC3 Pre4

Reply #4
Just use EAC + Oggenc.exe

vorbis RC3 Pre4

Reply #5
Benjamin: I'm sorry but I'm a little "dense."  I don't know what you mean.

vorbis RC3 Pre4

Reply #6
i thought that you could test the commandline version and use EAC as a frontend to rip CDs, but i doubt you'll have success with 22.05kHz files...

vorbis RC3 Pre4

Reply #7
it even sounds "DAMN GOOD" at -b 170

vorbis RC3 Pre4

Reply #8
Just for the record, only 44.1k is in there at the moment. I believe that it is basically only the other modes 32k, 22050 that stop this being full RC3. However, there might be a little more tuning to come.

john33