Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [CRASHWARE] updated foo_uie_albumart (Read 693716 times) previous topic - next topic

[CRASHWARE] updated foo_uie_albumart

Reply #100
why don't add the possibilty to read the cover pics stored in the tag?

Reply #101
why don't add the possibilty to read the cover pics stored in the tag?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=362954"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That will become much easier as soon as the 0.9 SDK is out. I don't think that it makes sense to add this for feature to the 0.8.3 version in an unneccessarily complicated way.

Reply #102
I've had this problem with every single version of foo_uie_albumart. System: XP SP2, standard ForceWare drivers on a 7800GTX. Sometimes the album art works fine (should be in the bottom left corner) but after a few foobar2000 restarts or album switches, this happens. The only way to fix is to restart Windows. Any ideas?

Reply #103
I've had this problem with every single version of foo_uie_albumart. System: XP SP2, standard ForceWare drivers on a 7800GTX. Sometimes the album art works fine (should be in the bottom left corner) but after a few foobar2000 restarts or album switches, this happens. The only way to fix is to restart Windows. Any ideas?

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=363228"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmmm, that looks pretty crazy. album art panel shouldn't even be able to draw to those areas. What happens if you move/resize foobar window? What if you remove and re-add the panel, does it persist?

Reply #104

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=363228"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmmm, that looks pretty crazy. album art panel shouldn't even be able to draw to those areas. What happens if you move/resize foobar window? What if you remove and re-add the panel, does it persist?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=363231"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, it persists. I think it's a problem with Windows or my graphics card (that causes images to render in the wrong places), but only foobar2000 seems to trigger the system-wide problem. Very strange, indeed. My graphics card has no problems otherwise, and I haven't seen this on other computers.

Reply #105
ok I some one could help me out with the sources.............

for example in my death cab for cutie - plans folder I have to files cd.jpg and folder.jpg

my current sources is as follows

Code: [Select]
$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)folder.*
-match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)../folder.*
-match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)*
-components\nocover.png

the problems I am experiencing is when I play that album the cd pic is the first source not folder.jpg, yet I thought folder.jpg should be the first source......if i pick next source it slides over to the album cover...........if I change the first like to folder.jpg it picks folder.jpg but when I pick next source it wont slide over to the cd pic, and finally the ../folder.* also doesnt work, for my double cds........... for example the file structure for a double album is this.....
The Robot Ate Me - On Vacation 
 Disc 1
         -track 1.ogg
         -track 2.ogg
              :
              :
         -track 10.ogg
 Disc 2
         -track 1.ogg
         -track 2.ogg
              :
              :
         -track 10.ogg
  -folder.jpg

any got any ideas?

and my nocover.png or default wont load for an album with without any album cover.....

Reply #106
AsILayDying, I use the same structure for my multi-disc albums and so far this code works
$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)folder.jpg
-match:$replace(%_path%,%_directoryname%'\'%_filename_ext%,)folder.jpg

Reply #107
AsILayDying
Heya!
This behaviour is perfectly right. The desired result is not achieved because your sources are setup in this manner.
First of all, mistakes:
won't work, because 'match:' is not specified. Instead should be:
match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)folder.*

I presume it should be:
-match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)..\folder.*

-components\nocover.png
You should use absolute path instead.

Now, I'll describe the logic behind you current front-cover and cd-cover selection.
For now your first source is invalid, so first good match is:
which in turn returns folder.jpg and cd.jpg when you perform NextSource
Then you changed 1st source to:
and it became a valid source. NextSource looked for the next sourcegroup in the list but there weren't any! So the image stayed the same.

So I see two quick options
1. use:
match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)*
-match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)..\*
-<ABSOLUTE PATH TO DEFAULT IMAGE>

and cure cd.* getting in front of folder.* by simply renaming your files lexicographically.
2. use:
match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)cd.*
-match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)..\cd.*
match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)<OTHER PREFIX>*
-components\nocover.png

But in this case all other images besides folder.* and cd.* would need to have a common prefix or NextSource will cycle through the same image twice.
Also there is a great Album Art WIKI on the web created by gfngfgf.

Hope it helps!

Edit: typo
B KaCKe.

Reply #108
-components\nocover.png
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=363650"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This shouldn't be a problem, so long as nocover.png is in the "components" folder in the foobar2000 program folder (the same place foo_uie_albumart.dll is located).  I'm betting that if you fix the other issues WigBaM pointed out, the default source should work.

Reply #109
AsILayDying, I use the same structure for my multi-disc albums and so far this code works
-match:$replace(%_path%,%_directoryname%'\'%_filename_ext%,)folder.jpg

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

AsILayDying
Heya!
This behaviour is perfectly right. The desired result is not achieved because your sources are setup in this manner.
First of all, mistakes:
won't work, because 'match:' is not specified. Instead should be:

I presume it should be:

-components\nocover.png

Now, I'll describe the logic behind you current front-cover and cd-cover selection.
For now your first source is invalid, so first good match is:
which in turn returns folder.jpg and cd.jpg when you perform NextSource
Then you changed 1st source to:
and it became a valid source. NextSource looked for the next sourcegroup in the list but there weren't any! So the image stayed the same.

So I see two quick options
1. use:
match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)*
-match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)..\*
-<ABSOLUTE PATH TO DEFAULT IMAGE>

and cure cd.* getting in front of folder.* by simply renaming your files lexicographically.
2. use:
match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)cd.*
-match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)..\cd.*
match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)<OTHER PREFIX>*
-components\nocover.png

But in this case all other images besides folder.* and cd.* would need to have a common prefix or NextSource will cycle through the same image twice.
Also there is a great [a href="http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Album_Art_Panel_%28foo_uie_albumart%29]Album Art WIKI[/url] on the web created by gfngfgf.

Hope it helps!

Edit: typo

Thank you guys very much works perfectly..........!!
and gfngfgf you were right, the last option does work when my mistakes were taken out.......and thanks for the pointers I see where I was going wrong..........

Reply #110
-components\nocover.png

This shouldn't be a problem, so long as nocover.png is in the "components" folder in the foobar2000 program folder (the same place foo_uie_albumart.dll is located).  I'm betting that if you fix the other issues WigBaM pointed out, the default source should work.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=363655"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Relative paths are a problem, because foobar's current directory may change in response to a common file dialog event.  Add a file to your playlist from some other location and the relative path will stop working.

EDIT:  Relative paths could still be made to work reliably though, by using the path of GetModuleFilename(NULL).  This would require a modification in albumart.

Reply #111
No chance of this working in beta 13?
love, IAN
droptothetop.com/

Reply #112
No chance of this working in beta 13?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=36635]Not until the final version of 0.9 is released[/url]

Reply #113
The VC7 runtimes (msvc*71.dll) are not required for this version.

is there anything that is required?  think i'm missing something.
darkblackcorner - in the dark since 1986

Reply #114
Ultra-Alpha Extra Experimental:
This is a modified foo_uie_albumart.dll with cover downloading from walmart.com.
The coverdownloading only works when coverdownloader.dll (included) is in components/coverdownloader.
CoverDownloader.dll is a flexible integratable (or at least it will be if/when i release an API or sourcecode) thingy for downloading covers, and can do so from multiple sources (only walmart is available in this build).

foo_uie_albumart.dll is built with VC6, but CoverDownloader.dll and walmart.dll are built with VC8 so you'll need MSVCR80.DLL and MSVCP80.DLL. If you get an error when you use the "Get Art" function, its probably because you are missing these DLLs.

To use it, right click on the album art panel and choose "Get Art" or "Show Art Tasks". By default the art window doesn't appear until all thumbnails have been retrieved, and will be closed once the art you select is saved. You can change this in preferences. Left click an image to save it to the location set in preferences (titleformatting string) or right click for more options. The default location is $replace(%_path%,\%_filename_ext%,)\folder.jpg

"Show Art Tasks" opens a dialog that is fairly self-explanatory.

This is pre-alpha software, and DOES contain bugs.

Edit: Now includes WigBam's updates

Edit: download link is down
Edit: Download link is back up.

Download

Reply #115

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I've had the exact same problem with every version too. [a href="http://img394.imageshack.us/my.php?image=albumartproblem5ur.png][/url]

Windows XP, 6600GT, forceware 81.98, AMD Athlon™ XP 2700+.
It appears every once in a while.. moving the foobar windows outside the screen and back brings the album image back, however, but when some other application's window is overlapping foobar, the problem comes back.
Any help or instructions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Reply #116
OK... i noticed something veeeeery interesting... and kinda offtopic...
When i'm using winroll or glass2k to make my windows transparent, when dragging larger, more complex windows, the window lags behind the cursor, resulting in choppy movement...

HOWEVER...

When running foobar with the fading Albumart plugin, even if foobar is minimized to the tray, all is working fine, hi fps, no lag or choppy movement xD

If anyone wants to investigate this, please do

Reply #117
hi!

i've problems with this version and Windows2000, this is the message:

ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_albumart.dll, reason: Unable to load DLL.

in WindowsXP work correctly, what "dll" i need for Win2K to work well??

PD: or i've to dl the old version??

bye!

Reply #118
Ultra-Alpha Extra Experimental:
This is a modified foo_uie_albumart.dll with cover downloading from walmart.com.
The coverdownloading only works when coverdownloader.dll (included) is in components/coverdownloader.
CoverDownloader.dll is a flexible integratable (or at least it will be if/when i release an API or sourcecode) thingy for downloading covers, and can do so from multiple sources (only walmart is available in this build).

foo_uie_albumart.dll is built with VC6, but CoverDownloader.dll and walmart.dll are built with VC8 so you'll need MSVCR80.DLL and MSVCP80.DLL. If you get an error when you use the "Get Art" function, its probably because you are missing these DLLs.

To use it, right click on the album art panel and choose "Get Art" or "Show Art Tasks". By default the art window doesn't appear until all thumbnails have been retrieved, and will be closed once the art you select is saved. You can change this in preferences. Left click an image to save it to the location set in preferences (titleformatting string) or right click for more options. The default location is $replace(%_path%,\%_filename_ext%,)\folder.jpg

"Show Art Tasks" opens a dialog that is fairly self-explanatory.

This is pre-alpha software, and DOES contain bugs.

Edit: Now includes WigBam's updates

Edit: download link is down
Edit: Download link is back up.

Download

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=365234"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wow that is a great great add-on.  It is working perfectly for me.  You should make a separate post in the 3rd party forum for it.

Nice one.
Paul.

Reply #119
It doesn't work for me. I've extracted the files into the components directory, got the dll's and when I try it it just sayst that it couldn't find CoverDownloader.dll

Reply #120
will this modified version work with 0.9 ?

Reply #121
It doesn't work for me. I've extracted the files into the components directory, got the dll's and when I try it it just sayst that it couldn't find CoverDownloader.dll
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=367477"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Reply #122
will this modified version work with 0.9 ?[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
*sigh*
Read [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=36635]Public SDK[/url]

Reply #123
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=367477"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=367489"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It is in components/coverdownloader.

Reply #124
Wow.. this is one of the best plugins....