Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mp3tag v2.36 released (Read 57434 times) previous topic - next topic

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #50
You can use the action type "Format value" on the TRACK field with this string: [$num(%track%,2)]

Thanks a lot pal. Works fine... I guess that MP3Tag's going to be my primary tagging tool. 
Heavy Metal Is the Law!!!
---Let 'Em Eat Metal---

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #51
Florian, is it possible to check which encoding has an id3v2 tag? (UTF-8, UTF-16 or ISO-8859-1)

Not within Mp3tag itself but by using a hex editor. The encoding used is flagged by the byte before the actual text data where 0 is ISO-8859-1, 1 is UTF-16, 2 is UTF-16BE and 3 is UTF-8.

so what would the following stand for?

thanks
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #52
You cut off too much from the left side - that makes it impossible to answer your question. Make a screenshot from the whole width.
But we can already say that it's either ISO or utf-8

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #53
Sorry for posing a newbie question, but I can't get Mp3tag to work correctly with freedb2 ... Anyone can help me with this?

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #54
You just need to add freedb2.org as new server address in the options.

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #55
You cut off too much from the left side - that makes it impossible to answer your question. Make a screenshot from the whole width.
But we can already say that it's either ISO or utf-8

ok, I got it. thanks

--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #57
I have another suggestion for mp3tag. When I save the tag at an mp3, it should move automatically to the next file.

What do you think?
---Let 'Em Eat Metal---

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #58
IIRC pressing Ctrl-N will both save the tags and move to the next file.

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #59
Right, thanks man.
---Let 'Em Eat Metal---

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #60
I just want to know why MP3Tag is designed to not write ID3v2 tag?

Especially since I gather from the threads elsewhere in HA that APEv2 seems to be... going the way of Musepack.

Right now I write tags with MP3Tag... then use TagScanner to copy all APEv2 values into ID3v2 tags.

Might go the way of TagScanner if it keeps going better.

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #61
I just want to know why MP3Tag is designed to not write ID3v2 tag?

You can configure it to write different kinds of tags, I actually configured it to remove ape tags only. This way, I can remove all existing ape tags from mp3's, and re-write them as id3 v2.3 tags. Additionally, I use mp3tag to make sure I only have 2.3 tags...

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #62
Oh? In the Tools > Options, there's only option for reading ID3v2 not writing ID3v2...

... or am I using an older version of MP3Tag?

Edit: Files (that previously has no tags), after tagged by MP3Tag, when checked using WinAmp, only has ID3v1 tags.

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #63
Oh? In the Tools > Options, there's only option for reading ID3v2 not writing ID3v2...

You want to be in tools / options / tags / mpeg:

Edit: Files (that previously has no tags), after tagged by MP3Tag, when checked using WinAmp, only has ID3v1 tags.

For checking tags, here's a magic recipe:
Code: [Select]
view / customize columns / new configuration, name = [i]tag[/i], value = [i]%_tag%[/i]

Another gem out of the mp3tag forums by the way:
Code: [Select]
$if(%_covers%,x,)

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #66
Mp3tag 2.37 has been released. (4 Nov 2006)

Changelog: http://mp3tag.de/download/mp3tagversion.en.html

Download: http://mp3tag.de/en/download.html

Thanks for this. Any chance of getting a LYRICS tag for FLAC files as proposed by many in the below referenced thread and which Josh Coalson also recommended in that thread. We need a standard tag/way for embedding LYRICS in FLAC files and we need a programmer to step up and start supporting that "standard". Thanks in advance for considering this request.

Maybe a tabbed Lyrics window for file formats in MP3TAG that support embedded LYRICS in audio files. iTunes currently supports this in many of its audio file formats (M4A, ALAC). We need an open source audio file format LYRICS tag support IMO. And since Josh recommended a LYRICS tag, perhaps we can start this LYRICS support for FLAC files with your excellent MP3TAG program.

For more about FLAC supporting a LYRICS tag for embedded text lyrics for a song:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....49182&st=79

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #67
Mp3tag 2.37 has been released.

The website currently says ''v2.37a'' ... is this an updated release, or an alpha?

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #68
Mp3tag 2.37 has been released.

The website says ''v2.37a'' ... is this an updated release, or an alpha?

It's a final version including a minor hotfix after the official v2.37 release.

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #69
Sorry I am confused there is another programm named MP3tag but its shareware

Have a look at here: Mp3Tag

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #70
It appears that the shareware program is better only if your music "coolection" consists of Brittany Spears, Jessica Simpson, and Usher tracks purchased from the Russian mafia. 

Otherwise stick with Florian's excellent program (thank you  ).

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #71
I wonder who was first to use "mp3tag"...
...maybe it's one of the reasons why Florian want(s/ed) to rename his program to "Anytag"?

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #72
Florian was the first. The issue once came up on the mp3tag forums too and he posted the screenshot of a early version from 1998, IIRC.

Mp3tag v2.36 released

Reply #73
It appears that the shareware program is better only if your music "coolection" consists of Brittany Spears, Jessica Simpson, and Usher tracks purchased from the Russian mafia.

As for me, I just cannot live without Florian's Mp3Tag.

Cheers
audiomars
Reason is immortal, all else mortal
- Pythagoras