Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Converter bug introduced in foobar 1.2.7 (Read 3576 times) previous topic - next topic

Converter bug introduced in foobar 1.2.7

I haven't tried beta version of foobar 1.2.7. so I am not sure whether it was introduced in beta or in final, but it's annoying and at least inappropriate what Converter throws at nearly every encoding that I did today... From Converter report:

"1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "M:\FLAC\WEB\Beatport\Oliver Smith\Oliver Smith – Progress (Original Mix).flac"
  AN error occurred while transferring attached pictures (Attached picture not found) : "C:\Users\Epic\Desktop\Oliver Smith – Progress (Original Mix).mp3"
  Track converted with major problems."

How could anyone treat it as "major problem"? Please... For me even warning for such thing would be too much - if I care about album art, then I got Album Art Viewer turned on and I see whether I got album art or no and I update it if I feel it is necessary for this particular source file. And if I don't care about source file, then I don't care about encoded file even more...

If for some strange reason this particular warning can not be permanently disabled, then It would be nice if this was at least user editable setting whether to show warnings about missing album art or not.

Reply #1
as i was running the beta, i just tested that and it was fine. but after upgrading to 1.2.7 final, i get the same message as you.

Reply #2
Also here.
I do a lot of encoding with foobar. Annoying message.
Editing the preferences Advanced > Display > Album Art brings no solution.

Reply #3
^if your source files are never going to have embedded art in them then you can turn off the transfer attach pictures option under the Other section of the coverter dialog.

obviously this is still an issue that needs fixing for people who have a mix of files.

Reply #4
Great, thanks.
That do the trick. No more error message. :-)

Reply #5
Serves me right for not beta testing new changes properly. Fix coming up shortly. Thanks for reporting.

The idea was to make Converter bitch less about album art transfer problems: do not complain again about files that didn't decode properly. However by accident the "no album art" case got upgraded to a "major problem" instead.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #6
The bug is fixed in v1.2.8.

Reply #7
Many thanks for the fix