Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist format (Read 4916 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist format

I have a utility that I use to generate playlists in .m3u format, as well as the #EXTM3U extended .m3u format...but what I *really* want to do is generate fb2k playlists.  Could someone direct me to some documentation on the foobar playlist format?  It looks binary to me, so without some guidelines it'll be awfully hard to reverse-engineer.

Thanks

Playlist format

Reply #1
Open a playlist in notepad and you will see it is not binary. Those symbols are just the lines where the Replaygain information is stored. Any program can make playlists that foobar2000 will recognize, afaik.

Playlist format

Reply #2
Sure, but what is the format for the replaygain info?  I just want a simple line-by-line for the file, even if it's binary replaygain info.

Playlist format

Reply #3
A Dwarf has its own way to fight !

Playlist format

Reply #4
.fpl AKA foobar playlists are binary and stores all meta data including replaygain info.

edit: and the specs are not open...yet.

Playlist format

Reply #5
Thanks, Jan - I'll keep my eyes open for the spec.

Playlist format

Reply #6

Almost a year later...still no format description.  Can anyone help me out here?