Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 rc15 foo_mod error? (Read 3284 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 rc15 foo_mod error?

I'm not sure how long this bug has existed, but since I seem to be one of the few that still listens to the occasional tracker song, I've found it.  On both of my machines, space.mod (Space Debris) runs without end.  The seekbar finds the length of the song fine, but once it reaches the end of the song, the song repeats, and keeps going; the seekbar sits at the end - not moving - since it can't display any increments anymore.  You would think the latest BASS.dll would fix this, but seeing as foobar already installs this, it doesn't make much sense why the error persists.

1.8a - 18/6/2003
----------------
* Tweaks 'n' fixes, including...
   Fixed seeking bug on 32-bit OGG streams
   Fixed seeking on a decoding channel after it has reached the end

Component:
Module Decoder 0.85 (foo_mod)

Reply #1
I had this happen to me, but surprisingly enough it stopped when I found and unchecked the "looping" property of the foo_mod input property dialog.

...not to assume you're as silly as I am.

ben/stripe

(if i'm wrong, then sorry for being such a smartass. heh)

Reply #2
It's my fault that it's enabled by default. Yes. Sometimes, I like to listen to the same song on loop, sometimes for hours.

Hmm, strangely, that reminds me that I was going to implement a default length option in foo_spc. I'll repost when I make it happen.

Reply #3
Stripe, you were absolutely right, and even though I've probably looked at the options pages a hundred times, I managed to glaze over the fact that looping was enabled.

Also, kode54, you're right in that it's enabled by default.  As much as it's nice to listen to the same mod forever, it does get tiresome.  Thanks for looking into fixing it.

Reply #4
I think too that the looping option should be unchecked by default in foo_mod with fresh install of foobar2000.
It's a playlist based player so I think it's the most logical behavior.
New users won't be confused by this option anymore and users that know enough about modules and how to configure this player can easily change it 

Reply #5
kode54, thanks for fixing the bug but...

Although in the options page for the Module Decoder it has the flag disabled by default on install, the operation of the flag is now opposite of what is expected.  When the flag is off, module files loop.  When the flag is on, they don't.  Perhaps version 0.86.1 is in order?

Reply #6
Way ahead of you.