Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero 6.3 monopolizes .mp4 playback (Read 13250 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero 6.3 monopolizes .mp4 playback

I just installed new Nero 6.3 and encoded some videos using new Nero Recode 2. When I tried to play these videos, I noticed that I can't use 3ivx filters anymore for playback and the Ahead's splitter can't connect to ffdshow. This isn't generally a problem but Nero decoder is too slow to be really used in my P3-500. It would nice to hear do you have any ideas. I tried blocking the Nero's filters using overrides in mpc but it didn't help. I also tried to build a custom graph using Graphedit but I wasn't able to find a file source filter to which 3ivx mpeg4 splitter would have connected.

Reply #1
Launch your command prompt. Go to directory:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter

Then manually unregister every .ax file in that directory. For reference:

regsvr32 /u NDParser.ax
regsvr32 /u NeAudio.ax
regsvr32 /u NeFileSrc.ax
regsvr32 /u NeRender.ax
regsvr32 /u NeVideo.ax

That did it for me

Reply #2
Try reinstalling 3ivx

Reply #3
Launch your command prompt. Go to directory:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter

Then manually unregister every .ax file in that directory. For reference:

regsvr32 /u NDParser.ax
regsvr32 /u NeAudio.ax
regsvr32 /u NeFileSrc.ax
regsvr32 /u NeRender.ax
regsvr32 /u NeVideo.ax

That did it for me

I was too lazy to do that. I tried regsvr32 /u *.ax but it didn't work therefore I was looking for easier alternatives. 

Reply #4
Reinstalling 3ivx was the easiest way.

Reply #5
Another thing that could be done would be lowering the merit of all Nero filters. But it's another non-automatic job, and requires that you restart Windows.