Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_quicktag (Read 52432 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_quicktag

I'm in love with musicmusic's foo_quicktag plugin (get it here)! It's just great!
I have only one request for the current version (0.1). My problem is that when I assign a value like $add(%rating%,1) to it, it really sets the rating tag to be $add(%rating%,1), which obviously isn't what I want to do.
But thanks for this great plugin!

foo_quicktag

Reply #1
Instead of setting the Value field to "$add(%rating%,1)", set Field Name to "RATING" and Value to "1".

Edit: also a note that upNorth's popular dynamic formatting uses TRACKRATING instead. Although it can easily be changed to the user's preference, which one have users generally decided on? (I personally use TRACKRATING if anyone cares :p)
f to c to f to c

foo_quicktag

Reply #2
You just didn't get my point. What you suggest would set the rating to 1 and it's NOT what I want. I dont want to set the rating to 1, I want to add 1 to it, for example 3+1=4. Got it? And yes, I could use "Rate X", but I want to only have two hotkeys (perhaps Win + + or Win + -) to tweak the ratings.

edit: I don't care what upNorth's formatting does. I don't use it. I use my own.
And as a side note, it's not the formatting I use %rating% for.

edit2: meh. The request should've been "I want to use TAGZ in foo_quicktag" so people wouldn't tell me things I already know (probably better than they do).

foo_quicktag

Reply #3
Ah, I see. My apologies. ;_;
f to c to f to c

foo_quicktag

Reply #4
I want to use TAGZ in foo_quicktag

Good idea

Try version 0.3 which (optionally) lets you use titleformatting in the value string (so its like a "format values from other fields" in masstagger).

foo_quicktag

Reply #5
edit: I don't care what upNorth's formatting does. I don't use it. I use my own.
And as a side note, it's not the formatting I use %rating% for.

way to go anza, same here

plus i'm working on mazy's tag guesser (what a shameless plug), which i'm sure would find its users

and musicmatch, thanks for quicktag!

foo_quicktag

Reply #6
Try version 0.3 which (optionally) lets you use titleformatting in the value string (so its like a "format values from other fields" in masstagger).
Just great! Works perfectly here. Thanks!

plus i'm working on mazy's tag guesser (what a shameless plug), which i'm sure would find its users.

I for one am really looking forward to that plugin.

foo_quicktag

Reply #7
anza, it's of course mainly for my needs but i'm going to fix it / add more functionality etc as requested.

and for someone like you it should be easy to modify my regular expressions to suit your needs / naming scheme.

right now i'm saving these tags:
Code: [Select]
save_tags = {'album','artist','album artist','title','date',
             'tracknumber','disc','disc_name','alb_discs','alb_tracks','alb_disc_tracks','alb_track',
             'alb_bitrate','alb_var_bitrate','alb_length',
             'cue_ref',
             'alb_var_artist','alb_var_comment',
             'alb_group',
             'lasttrack', -- legacy tags
             'mtg'}

alb_var_<name> means that <name> does varies over album
alb_<name> is mostly general info for whole album or related to album

tracknumber guessing is really working nice - once you have track numbers in filenames or one album / disc per folder.

alb_tracks is number of tracks for whole album
alb_track is number of track in the whole album
alb_disc_tracks is number of tracks for current cd
alb_discs is number of discs for whole album

you can do all kind of things using these tags - like deciding which formattitng mode to use / how much info to show based on number of tracks in album etc.

alb_var_artist cames handy for deciding whether we are in variable artists mode or not.

i'm going to add some more stuff for artist / album detection and mode detection and i'm done

it doesn't support unicode yet, however that may change in the future ...

foo_quicktag

Reply #8
It would be really convenient to use quicktag with ratings, but I'm surprised there's no option to apply quicktag commands to the currently playing song as opposed to the selected one(s).  I'd like to be able to rate currently playing stuff without having to make sure it's highlighted.  Could some kind of toggle option be added (apply to selection/playing)?

foo_quicktag

Reply #9
It would be really convenient to use quicktag with ratings, but I'm surprised there's no option to apply quicktag commands to the currently playing song as opposed to the selected one(s).  I'd like to be able to rate currently playing stuff without having to make sure it's highlighted.  Could some kind of toggle option be added (apply to selection/playing)?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270751"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Bind shortcuts to actions that starts with [context / now playing] instead, and it will work the way you want.
In Preferences->Core->Keyboard Shortcuts that is.

foo_quicktag

Reply #10
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270751"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Bind shortcuts to actions that starts with [context / now playing] instead, and it will work the way you want.
In Preferences->Core->Keyboard Shortcuts that is.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270756"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh.  Thanks!

foo_quicktag

Reply #11
is there any way of setting more than one field value? I was looking of adapting some masstagger scripts to this quicktag plugin, but being able to set only one field by click it's almost painfull...

musicmusic, are you reading this? I'd love to have this feature... is it hard to implement?

thanks

foo_quicktag

Reply #12
is there any way of setting more than one field value? I was looking of adapting some masstagger scripts to this quicktag plugin, but being able to set only one field by click it's almost painfull...

musicmusic, are you reading this? I'd love to have this feature... is it hard to implement?

thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=272893"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

quicktag was only ever intended as a temporary/partial workaround for too-many-clicks-to-execute-masstagger-script. Proper masstagger script in contextmenu support belongs in foo_masstag, as opposed to foo_quicktag.

foo_quicktag

Reply #13
is it possible to add values instead of resetting them?  i'd like to set up a system for non-exclusive style tags.

ben/stripe

foo_quicktag

Reply #14
is it possible to add values instead of resetting them?  i'd like to set up a system for non-exclusive style tags.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273653"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is the same feature I've been looking for. A toggle for if field found overwrite / add new one would do the trick. Sound feasible?

foo_quicktag

Reply #15
Actually it would be great if Quicktag divided multiple values separated by backslashes each into their own field. foo_infobox behaves like this. For example, select several files and choose Show file info (special) Multiple items, and set a tag, say GENRE, to be Soundtrack\Pop. Then choose Show file info (special)  to any of those files and you will see GENRE = Sountrack and GENRE = Pop. This behavior combined with titleformatting would allow you to do stuff like set GENRE to
$if(%genre%,%genre%\)Rock
to add a new genre tag without losing the old one.

foo_quicktag

Reply #16
I got bored and made the aforementioned modification to foo_quicktag. It's a really simple (but useful, at least to me) modification. Basically all I added is:

if (num_fields == 1)
   info.meta_set(field,formatted_value);
else {        
   char str[255];
   strcpy(str, formatted_value);
   string8 token = strtok(str,"\\");
   info.meta_set(field,token);
   int i;
   for (i = 1; i < num_fields; i++) {
       token = strtok(NULL,"\\");
       info.meta_add(field,token);
   }
}

If the previous post isn't clear enough, the modification is for duplicate fields with different values. If you want GENRE to be Soundtrack and Rock you could put Soundtrack\Rock in the Value box in Quicktag, and you will end up with GENRE = Sountrack and also GENRE = Rock.

I wanted this feature for setting MOOD tags for songs. Usually I end up wanting to give a song more than one MOOD assignment. With this modification I can set up, for example, a Quicktag with Field MOOD and Value [%mood%\]Fast that will add a new MOOD = Fast tag without disrupting what's already there.

Anyway, here is the plugin, and here's the source. If anyone finds this useful, thinks of anything else to add, or finds any bugs let me know.

foo_quicktag

Reply #19
Well and all that work... Uhu... Hmm, at least it means that people can lose foo_setyear now if they so desire, so the work was not all in vain... (In fact, as Messer has stopped developing his plugins, this plugin might be one of those who won't survive the transfer to 0.9, while i'm pretty sure MusicMusic will continue to update his plugins.)
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

foo_quicktag

Reply #20
i just spent a crapload of time making a bunch of year tags covering every year from 1920-2005

Cool!
How it's possible to merge your "dates.qtg" with my current one?
Any idea?

((((( Strictly4me )))))

foo_quicktag

Reply #21
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=293055"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I can't see that merging of two or more *.qtg files are possible.... That's a pity, it would be quite handy.... Please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone...
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

foo_quicktag

Reply #22
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=293055"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I can't see that merging of two or more *.qtg files are possible.... That's a pity, it would be quite handy.... Please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=293060"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you know what to do, you could do it with a hex editor..

More realisitcally, I'll add this option in tomorrow if I have time.

foo_quicktag

Reply #23
More realisitcally, I'll add this option in tomorrow if I have time.

Great and of course a good feature! 

((((( Strictly4me )))))