Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar Scripts (Read 8152 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar Scripts

Could foobar have scripting capabilites?
It would extend its powerfull. I can thing on a lot of posibilities with scripting. I have never seen a player with scripting integrated, and foobar, with its own integrated functions, and plugins functions could take a lot of improvement with that.

For example, you can rip a cd to wav files, then open them in foobar and apply a script that:

1. Encode to MPC (diskwriter)
2. Delete wav files (foo_delete)
3. Open the Musepack files
4. Apply Replaygain to the files
5. Apply tags from freedb (foo_freedb)
6. Copy the files to you music folder (copy plugin is beeing developed I think)
7. Rename to "%artist%\%album%\%tracknumber% - %title%", for example

It is a simple example, but more powerfull things could been with scripts.
What do you think?

Foobar Scripts

Reply #1
That would be great. Maybe Lua could be integrated into the core? I know foo_looks uses it already, is there any reason the core couldn't have it apart from the bloat concerns?

This is really a feature request though and as such is in the wrong forum.

Foobar Scripts

Reply #2
There is foo_lua by foosion but I'm not fully aware of its possibilities. Furthermore I think there's a problem when using it together with ui_columns.

Regards,
The Link

Foobar Scripts

Reply #3
Well, sorry, I thought that as this is a posible developement feature I could post here.
I was not talking about a plugin, I thought it could be a great improvement on foobar being part of the core.

Scripts could be called from keystrokes,and would be a great way to change parameters before doing conversions, a way to load certain files automatically and perform operations... I think there would be a huge amount of posibilites with scripts on every aspect of foobar.

Foobar Scripts

Reply #4
I was not talking about a plugin, I thought it could be a great improvement on foobar being part of the core.

What does it matter if its a plug-in or if its in the core? It's still going to give you the functionability that you desire.

Steve

Foobar Scripts

Reply #5
Scripts could be called from keystrokes

You can assign foo_lua scripts to menu items, and in turn keyboard shortcuts if that helps you..

Foobar Scripts

Reply #6
One could always ask that a plugin get put into one of the bigger installers.

Foobar Scripts

Reply #7
well we need someone to continue foo_lua's development ... i've used it quite a lot and i'm still waiting for some new features to continue my scripts for it ...

you can execute menu items / commands from it, change selection etc, so it should be possible to do many useful things with it ...