Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Insert system date in tag. how to? (Read 14025 times) previous topic - next topic

Insert system date in tag. how to?

hello...

i want to insert a tag field called "ADDED" which contains the date i added the files to my archiv. At the moment i insert the "ADDED" field manually and asked myself, whether there is a possibility to put a variable into the masstaggers field "Add value..."->"ADDED" ? Something like "$date()" or so? Is it possible?

ciao

Reply #1
Something like "$date()" or so? Is it possible?

I would also like to know about that, so for ex. you can check and create a playlist with 'New songs' when added value is inferior to let's say a month or whatever value you want 

But I don't think it can be done. I think I've read other people around here that would like something like that (when a song is added to the database or HD in tag).

Reply #2
whether there is a possibility to put a variable into the masstaggers field "Add value..."->"ADDED" ? Something like "$date()" or so?

I guess it can be done but I don't have a clue how to get the system date 'called' via masstager (or quicktag for ex.) and put it into a tag. Is there someone who use this kind of thing or can help us configure it? 

Another sugegstion instead of %added% would also be appretiated, I would like to hear if somebody use something different.

Reply #3
YES!

I would be grateful to anyone who shows us how to add the date the track was added to the system.

I'm sure like most, I often find myself listening to my most recent additions.

Thanks.

Reply #4
I'm sure like most, I often find myself listening to my most recent additions.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=224971"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep. What I do is %Comment%=New, and then call 'Comment IS New' via Extended PLaylist generator. It works, but I have to tag manually the files (Easy via Quicktag), but I also forgot sometimes to remove the 'New' comment. What could be nice is to know if:

- There's a way to get system date via Quicktag (so you can tag your file with the current system date) and tag the file with something like %added% or %system% or %database%.

- Then you would have several possibilities (like most of things in foobar2000  ) to call your 'new' files: Via Extended PLaylist Generator or with a formatting script in the playlist, etc...

Anyway, it seems only feasible by manually entering the added date in the tags. IF no ones has replied here (that know almost everything about foobar2000), I assume there's no way of doing it 

Reply #5
Well, inspired from Messer's foo_setyear.dll, I wrote my first plugin (and my first attempt in C++ too). Select a few songs from playlist, right-click->Masstagger->ADDED and a new field called ADDED is inserted with the format "YYYY-MM-DD" of the system time. If anyone is interested, I can upload it.

Reply #6
Do it now

Reply #7
Select a few songs from playlist, right-click->Masstagger->ADDED and a new field called ADDED is inserted with the format "YYYY-MM-DD" of the system time. If anyone is interested, I can upload it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=227156"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wow! 

First: thanks! 
Second: Where can I get this? 

Reply #8
Do it now
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ok  The file is here: [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=23966]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=23966[/url]
I don't know much of C++, but it seems to work.

Reply #9
I don't know much of C++, but it seems to work.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It works and I'm happy, thanks 

I wonder if this could be possible to have an option to automatically tag with the system date all new files in the database...Ex.

1) 'Scan' the database.
2) New files are automatically tagged with the %added% system date tag.

I don't have anythign to do, but just press scan in the database  Anyway, thanks again, this plugin is really usefull to 'track' fresh/new files.

PS: If someone ever continue the development of the [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=23627&hl=automatic+database]'Automatic Database plugin'[/url] you may want to consider to include this plugin in it

Reply #10
Cheers,  Much Appreciated.

Steve

Reply #11
Ok, thanks to this new plugin all files can be tagged with the system date they have been added to the database

Now I'm trying to use Extended playlist generator to create a playlist using the added tag to track new files...but I think I need some help. Let's say that for me 30 days back starting today is the period for 'fresh' files. As I can't call directly the system date to do something like...

Query: added GREATER 'than system date - 30 days' 

(PS: Someone knows if this can be achieve in any way? (so we don't have to manually modify the 'today' date query.)

...I'm doing this:

Query: added GREATER 2004-06-20

Which should get all files added in the last month (because today we're 2004-07-21). But the playlist is empty....bizarre...Something I'm doing wrong? Any suggestion will be great appreciated 

Reply #12
Ok, thanks to this new plugin all files can be tagged with the system date they have been added to the database

Now I'm trying to use Extended playlist generator to create a playlist using the added tag to track new files...but I think I need some help. Let's say that for me 30 days back starting today is the period for 'fresh' files. As I can't call directly the system date to do something like...

Query: added GREATER 'than system date - 30 days'  

(PS: Someone knows if this can be achieve in any way? (so we don't have to manually modify the 'today' date query.)

...I'm doing this:

Query: added GREATER 2004-06-20

Which should get all files added in the last month (because today we're 2004-07-21). But the playlist is empty....bizarre...Something I'm doing wrong? Any suggestion will be great appreciated 
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The help file says that GREATER works with numbers and 2004-06-20 is not a number. I have [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=23966]re-uploaded the zip file[/url] and now it has 2 plugins. The second one (foo_systemdate2.dll) inserts ADDED with the format YYYYMMDD, so you can use Query: added GREATER 20040620 and it will work    You can have both of them in foobar, since I changed the command name in masstagger to reflect the date format. I'm leaving for a 20-day vacation, but when I return I'll try to learn how to make config page for foobar, so that these 2 plugins will become 1 

Reply #13
personally this is what i do:

when i add a new album in field "comment" i always add current datetime
(example 20040721, yyyymmdd, today), then with ext playlist generator
i can query in this way:

query: "COMMENT HAS 2004"        (search from begin of year)
query: "COMMENT HAS 200407"    (only this month)
query: "COMMENT HAS 20040721" (added today)

search what "dbase"

sort spec:
"%COMMENT% %ALBUM% %ARTIST% $num(%TRACKNUMBER%,2)"

use custom sort: "true"
reverse: "true"

display format:
"%COMMENT% -  %ARTIST% - %ALBUM% - $num(%TRACKNUMBER%,2).  %TITLE%"

work as well for me, best regards, nexus.vi

Reply #14
The help file says that GREATER works with numbers and 2004-06-20 is not a number.

Yes, sorry about that I've just read it...  Obviously 2004-06-20 isn't a number 

I have re-uploaded the zip file and now it has 2 plugins. The second one (foo_systemdate2.dll) inserts ADDED with the format YYYYMMDD

Thanks a lot, I'll try it right now 

Reply #15
The new systemdate plugin works great  It can be sorted in order to get 'fresh' tracks. It's a shame we can't 'call' current PC systemdate in order to compare with the %added% date (for example 'current PC systemdate' - 30 days') so we don't have to manually enter the date...

BTW, that's what I do for creating a 'Fresh' playlist:

Query: added GREATER 20040622

Use Custom Sort: %added% $if2(%album artist%,%artist%) %date% %album% $num(%tracknumber%,2) %_filename_ext% %title%

The only 'problem' is that this place the newest files at the end of the playlist. If I reverse the order in order to get it on top (that's what I would like) I have also a reverse sorting by album:

Bush - 10 - title..
Bush - 09 - title..
Bush - 08 - title..

It's any way to get newest files on top while keeping the album sorting right?

Thanks a lot 

Reply #16
also is there any chance you can make the plugin use the julian date format?

Then it would be slightly usable with the playback counter plugin.

Maybe even just a plugin that allows accessing the current system date via variable from other parts of foobar (masstagger etc).

Reply #17
Maybe even just a plugin that allows accessing the current system date via variable from other parts of foobar (masstagger etc).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=228224"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That could be really great 

Reply #18
Nice plugin really 

Would it be possible to have this feature added to the masstagger? I mean, when I rip a CD, I use a masstagger script, which adds some fields (some of them are left empty), puts the tracknumbers etc... but it would be sweet if I could add the "added" field and fill it automatically

Reply #19
It's any way to get newest files on top while keeping the album sorting right?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=228216"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry  any ideas? 

Reply #20
Sorry   any ideas? 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=228433"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Use $sub(99999999,%added%) instead of %added% in your sorting string. It should work on files added before 10000.01.01.

Reply #21
Use $sub(99999999,%added%) instead of %added% in your sorting string. It should work on files added before 10000.01.01.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=228436"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks you very much!  It works just the way I wanted. Anyway, 10000.01.01 it's a little out of my hand 

Reply #22
What about making the plugin reading the actual filetag hat windows sets when the files is created? wouldnt that be a possebility? Just a thought

Reply #23
What about making the plugin reading the actual filetag hat windows sets when the files is created? wouldnt that be a possebility? Just a thought
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=230842"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That date would change if you add/remove/edit tags (wouldnt it?)

Reply #24
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=230842"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The purpose of the plugin is to setup a tag when the file has been added to the database, no when it has been created. Imagine that the Cdrip was done by a friend two years ago, but he give it to you now. With your approach the file will never be 'fresh/new' because it will be two years old