Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: RealAudio support? (Read 6011 times) previous topic - next topic

RealAudio support?

Is there any component which adds RealAudio support to foobar2000?

Or maybe some kind of DirectShow filter that can be incorportated to fb2k?

RealAudio support?

Reply #1
I lost my generic copy/paste answer, but the quick answer is "no, and it's never, ever going to happen in a billion, trillion years."

Someone made a winamp plugin at one time, but got shot down quickly by Real.  I don't know what ever happened to that website.  I also forget what it was called.

Sorry.  I wish I could do it, too.  That and free midi support.  If I had half a wit in programming skills, I'd try to make a TiMidity++ wrapper, but as it stands, I suck.  And I wouldn't release it anyway until freepats was done, since it could all be conveniently put together in a GPL package.

RealAudio support?

Reply #3
YES!

It works.

I used the Tara software in conjunction with the foo_winamp_input.

It hangs for a little bit at startup, and seeking is a bit buggy, and you need to have realplayer and winamp installed.

But it WORKS!!!...

I'm going hysteric over here, clearly.

This means that I may finally be able to convert my 600 Hearts of Space programs to MP3.

:whew:

And it didn't take a billion trillion years either :-P lol.

RealAudio support?

Reply #4
YES!

It works.

It hangs for a little bit at startup, and seeking is a bit buggy, and you need to have realplayer and winamp installed.

But it WORKS!!!...

This means that I may finally be able to convert my 600 Hearts of Space programs to MP3.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=226089"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It worked for me as well but yes the problems you indicated were there and afterwards my file extensions gots messed up and I couldn't play realaudio in Media Player Classic. It really messed up things for me and I had to completely eradicate Real from my system and install Real Alternative. I think the wrapper will need a little bit more fine tuning before I can use it again.

RealAudio support?

Reply #5
YES!

It works.

But it WORKS!!!...

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=226089"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

use streambox ripper to convert real audio files to mp3