Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: NERO AAC encoder cuts frequencies? (Read 10849 times) previous topic - next topic

NERO AAC encoder cuts frequencies?

Hello all!

I have to ask the same question again (last time I didn't got any answer).
Using the NAACEnc.exe utility I encode a file with the following command line:

NAACEnc -cbr320 -qh -lc in.wav out.mp4
(NERO DLL's v6.3.1.17)

After, I decode out.mp4 using FAAD2.
The file out.wav contains frequencies ONLY below 15.5 Khz!

When I perform the same with
NAACEnc -cbr192 -qh -lc in.wav out.mp4
the frequencies I get are cut above 18.5!

What happens?

Thank you.

Reply #1
Buggy handling of encoder initialization in Nero's AAC libraries. Same thing happens in Nero if you don't visit config before encoding. Hopefully Ivan fixes it for the next version.

Reply #2
can you plz try to encode a 48khz input sample with the gui (not using the commandline options) and report back if the output got downsampled to 44.1khz

this happens for example in the nero grabber plugin used in besweet with 48khz input
according to one of the devs its a bug caused by the nero codec
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)

Reply #3
bond, how should I check this? You just want me to take some 48 Khz file, encode it with NENCODE (or with Nero itself?), then decode it with FAAD2 and check its sampling rate or you want me to perfrom the test in some another way?

Case, what is the connection between Ivan and Groucho2004's NAACenc?

Reply #4
can you plz try to encode a 48khz input sample with the gui (not using the commandline options) and report back if the output got downsampled to 44.1khz

this happens for example in the nero grabber plugin used in besweet with 48khz input
according to one of the devs its a bug caused by the nero codec
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=225304"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It encodes 48kHz MP4 file as expected. Besweet developers are wrong with their claims, they don't handle request from AAC plugin to receive properly formatted data.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=225327"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is no connection and I don't understand why you asked. I tried to say that the bug is in Nero's AAC plugin and its author - Ivan - should fix it.

Reply #5
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=225327"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is no connection and I don't understand why you asked. I tried to say that the bug is in Nero's AAC plugin and its author - Ivan - should fix it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=225342"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Arh... sorry... I didn't know that Ivan is the author of Nero's AAC. ok :-) will wait when it (the plug-in) will be fixed.

Reply #6
Hello once again!

I was waiting for a long time, but still any changes.
And also Ivan Dimkovic doesn't answer my mails . I wrote him in August and he promised that the problem will be fixed in next NERO AAC DLLs version. But there is still no change.

I repeat the problem.
-------------------------
Using the NAACEnc.exe utility I encode a file with the following command line:

NAACEnc -cbr320 -qh -lc in.wav out.mp4
(NERO AAC DDLs 2.9.9.96)

After, I decode out.mp4 using FAAD2.
The file out.wav contains frequencies ONLY below 15.5 Khz!

When I perform the same with
NAACEnc -cbr192 -qh -lc in.wav out.mp4
the frequencies I get are cut above 18.5!

What happens?
-------------------------

Thank you.

Reply #7
Sorry for no HA reply, I was on the IBC and I didn't read HA and priv. msgs. there (also, for all other issues - I prefer emailing, since that I read always).

I will make sure this is fixed in the next public version of AAC plug-in - most likely this haven't got into the retail build.

Reply #8
Ivan Dimkovic, thank you. Will be waiting...

Reply #9
Ivan Dimkovic, thank you. Will be waiting...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=242586"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ivan, I tryied the new version of NERO 6.6.0.0 and even there still no changes...
When we'll see the promised fix?

Reply #10
Ok, the issue has been solved and Aradzish tested the new DLL and it seems to work OK.

Bug fix will be included in the next web release of Nero.

Reply #11
Sorry for bringing up this old topic but the issue doesn't seem to have been solved yet.

I installed the latest nero-updates yesterday and tried to convert some files to nero aac cbr 320 with foobar2000 v0.8.3 and foo_nero-plugin (it's more comfortable as alexnder kornilov's aacenc32.exe i used until now).
And all of the encoded files have a cut-off at 15.5kHz.
To exclude possible issues of foobar or the foo_nero-plugin i tried to rip a cd with eac and naacenc cbr320/384/448. The same Problem! Also besweet shows the same.
Strange: only aacenc32.exe works properly. But i haven't tried nero itself so far, it isn't my prefered encoding/transcoding tool (tagging options are very poor).
Btw. this issue only happens in cbr-mode, not with vbr.

Is there any way to pass this issue without the need of aacenc32.exe?

EDIT: orthography/expansion

Reply #12
I asked the author of aacenc32 to explore and fix the bug. An he did this. He has explained that the encoder has no bug, it just buggy command line front-ends make incorrect DLL call with frequencies cut.
Use aacenc32, it has no that bug anymore.

Reply #13
I asked the author of aacenc32 to explore and fix the bug. An he did this. He has explained that the encoder has no bug, it just buggy command line front-ends make incorrect DLL call with frequencies cut.

hm, what tool does this, and how can it be fixed?
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)

Reply #14
Use aacenc32, it has no that bug anymore.

Hm, but foo_nero just calls the original config dialog, doesn't it?
How do you use aacenc32.exe? Is there a less circumstantially way to output as mp4/m4a as with the need of mp4creator? What command line do you use (especially for eac)? Or is aacenc32.exe able to output as mp4/m4a directly and i didn't found the switch so far? 

Reply #15
And realy. Aacenc32.exe is god damn sweet but outputs to naked AAC.

Reply #16
And realy. Aacenc32.exe is god damn sweet but outputs to naked AAC.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

last version of my [a href="http://www.rarewares.org/files/aac/nero_fends.rar]frontend[/url] support output to .mp4/m4a container.