Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Flacattack 0.2 (Read 8563 times) previous topic - next topic

Flacattack 0.2

Flacattack 0.2 (October 5, 2004)
Written by Jeremy Hicks (jeremy@uninformative.com)

Download: Flacattack 0.2

Flacattack was created to work with EAC (www.exactaudiocopy.org) to help organize your music
collection. Below you will find what Flacattack does to the files you have ripped with EAC,
whether you are ripping to an image file or to individual files. Right now Flacattack only
works with flac files. If you have any questions or feature requests, feel free to contact me
through my email at jeremy@uninformative.com. Enjoy!

INSTALLATION

1. Extract the contents of flacattack.zip to the directory of your choice.
2. Configure EAC

EAC compression options and command line parameters

a. Check: 
  • Use external program for compression
      b. Select: [User defined encoder]
      c. Under Program, including path, used for compression:
          c:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe   

or whatever your path to the commandline may be.

d. Additional command line options:

/c <path to flacattack.exe> <path to flac.exe> <source> <flac compression level> <artist> <title> 
            <album> <date> <tracknumber> <genre> <illegal character replacement> <path to lame.exe>
            <path to mppenc.exe> <path to oggenc.exe> <log file>

Example:
          /c C:\flac\flacattack\flacattack.exe "C:\eac\flac.exe" %s "-5" "%a" "%t" "%g" "%y" "%n" "%m" "_" "C:\eac\lame.exe" "--alt-preset standard" "C:\eac\mppenc.exe" "--standard" "C:\eac\oggenc.exe" "-q 5" "y"

I recommend copying the command line as is and then changing only the paths to
      your executables and the flac compression (if you want).

If you would like to examine the output after execution, change the /c to /k.

If you don't want the log file to be created, you need to set that option in
      EAC Options --> Automatically write status report after extraction. Otherwise,
      the log file will be created and will not be moved.

If you only want to encode to one or two of mp3/mpc/ogg (instead of all three),
      just put in an asterisk in quotes("*") for that option and the same for the compression.

Example:
          /c C:\flac\flacattack\flacattack.exe "C:\eac\flac.exe" %s "-8" "%a" "%t" "%g" "%y" "%n" "%m" "_" "C:\eac\lame.exe" "--alt-preset standard" "C:\eac\mppenc.exe" "--standard" "*" "*" "y"

(Thanks to FlacImageHelper/flacfixer.)

WHAT DOES FLACATTACK DO?

For image/cue/log:

1. Rename cue from "CDImage.flac.cue" to "Artist - Album.cue"
       2. Rename image from "CDImage.flac.flac" to "Artist - Album.flac"
       3. Rename log from "Album.log" to "Artist - Album.log" (if using log file)
       4. Create folder "Artist - Album"
       5. Move image/cue/log to folder "Artist - Album"
       6. Fix file name in cue file. (Change from "CDImage.flac" to "Artist - Album.flac")
       7. Encode individual files using lossy formats mp3/mpc/ogg and place them in their
         respective folders (mp3/mpc/ogg). Right now, mp3s are encoded with --alt-preset standard,
         mpcs are encoded with --standard, and oggs are encoded with -q 5. All files are
         tagged. YOU NEED FLAC 1.1.1 TO BE ABLE TO USE THIS FUNCTIONALITY.

For individual files/cue/log:

1. Rename cue from "Album.CUE" to "Artist - Album.cue"
       2. Rename log from "Album.log" to "Artist - Album.log" (if using log file)
       3. Move log to folder "Artist - Album" (if using log file)
       4. Fix file names in cue file. (Change ".wav" to ".flac")
       5. If you save the cue file in the same folder as the individual files,
          delete the file path. (Delete "Artist - Album\")
        6. Move cue to folder "Artist - Album"

TO DO
      1. Allow any type of file (not just flac)
      2. Edit file name(s) in log file?
      3. Customize command line parameters
      4. Add ini file for easier configuration and mp3/mpc/ogg file compression level choice
          *** You can also find the code I am currently working on in "flacattack2.php" and
          "flacattack.ini" in the "new" directory. I cannot get the ini file to work correctly.
          When I can get it to work, this will replace many of command line options and make things
          much easier to configure. The program will return the values from the ini file if I just
          run it from the command line, but if I try to use EAC with the program, I get blank
          values for everything from the ini file. Does anybody know how to fix this? I've looked
          through the php.ini file thinking it may be an issue with a timing setting there but
          have been unable to find an answer. ***

OTHER INFORMATION

Flacattack was created using priado blender (www.priadoblender.com), a "PHP compiler" which allows php scripts
    to be "compiled" with the PHP executable so that scripts can run as executables. For Flacattack to work correctly,
    you need all of the files that are bundled with it to be in the same directory as the Flacattack executable.

SOURCE

The source for Flacattack is available in the file "flacattack.php".

Flacattack 0.2

Reply #1
very cool.  if you have a stable URL with docs and download instructions I'll link to it on the FLAC download page.

Josh

Flacattack 0.2

Reply #2

Thanks ponchorage!!!

It is people like you who make this community what it is!

(So when is the GUI for us windoze users coming out? I'll have to find that command for the dos prompt again)

Flacattack 0.2

Reply #3
>> Josh: Thanks! I'll put together a web page and give you a link when it is ready. Flac rocks!

>>TwoJ: You're welcome. I wish I knew how to do gui programming. I designed Flacattack to work primarily with EAC, but I guess you can just use it from the command line as well. If anybody wants to create a GUI that would be sweet. I'd be willing to add other functionality.

If I can get the ini file to work, it will simplify things quite a bit and make this app. more powerful. If there are any PHP experts reading this, maybe you can help out.

Flacattack 0.2

Reply #4
Absolute godsend thank you so much.
I'm having some problems though; my cmd.exe reports that it cannot open the cue file. Is it immidiately obvious what I'm doing wrong here?

EDIT: I fixed the problem by manually typing in the Artist - Album when it asks me for a location to save the file in. Am I still going about it the wrong way? The CMD prompt tells me to press enter after encoding each song....is this normal or should be even "more automatic". Sorry for question flood.

EDIT: Yet more problems. My first rip resulted in randomly titled flac files, an empty MP3 folder and a log file which I manually titled. I guess I'll try some more tomorrow right now I'm too tired to get myself kneedeep in this otherwise promosing script. Anyone willing to write a dummyproof guide / program a GUI ? Again sorry for being a pain, I just want the script to work so badly it's exactly what I've been wishing for since my first introduction to FLAC. Great work!!!

Flacattack 0.2

Reply #5
Absolute godsend thank you so much.
I'm having some problems though; my cmd.exe reports that it cannot open the cue file. Is it immidiately obvious what I'm doing wrong here?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=246605"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Are you using the newest Flac 1.1.1?

Flacattack 0.2

Reply #6
I am

Flacattack 0.2

Reply #7
I am
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=246608"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Are you choosing "Create Image and Cue Sheet" in EAC? What is your command line?

Flacattack 0.2

Reply #8
I tried "Copy Selected Tracks". Should I use "Create Image + Cue" instead?

Command Line:
/c C:\rip\FLACattack\flacattack.exe "C:\rip\FLAC\flac.exe" %s "-5" "%a" "%t" "%g" "%y" "%n" "%m" "_" "C:\rip\LAME\lame.exe" "--alt-preset standard" "*" "*" "*" "*" "y"

Flacattack 0.2

Reply #9

Command Line:
/c C:\rip\FLACattack\flacattack.exe "C:\rip\FLAC\flac.exe" %s "-5" "%a" "%t" "%g" "%y" "%n" "%m" "_" "C:\rip\LAME\lame.exe" "--alt-preset standard" "*" "*" "*" "*" "y"
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=246611"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm looking into it right now. You can use individual files if you want, but it will only create the flac files.

Flacattack 0.2

Reply #10

Command Line:
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=246611"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Were you trying to rip a CD that has one of the following characters in the CD Title or CD Artist as shown in EAC?

'\\', '/', ':', '*', '?', '"', '<', '>', '|'

Flacattack 0.2

Reply #11
      *** You can also find the code I am currently working on in "flacattack2.php" and
      "flacattack.ini" in the "new" directory. I cannot get the ini file to work correctly.
      When I can get it to work, this will replace many of command line options and make things
      much easier to configure. The program will return the values from the ini file if I just
      run it from the command line, but if I try to use EAC with the program, I get blank
      values for everything from the ini file. Does anybody know how to fix this?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=246571"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Firstly, well done!  You really have taken the bull by the horns with this one.

I would suspect that this issue is a "root path" issue.

Can you write out the full path of where the application is trying to load the INI file to see where it is trying to look for it?

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Edit: Originally posted that I suspected the app was looking for the INI file in SYSTEM32, but after brief testing that seems to not be the case.[/span]
I'm on a horse.

Flacattack 0.2

Reply #12
Command Line:

Were you trying to rip a CD that has one of the following characters in the CD Title or CD Artist as shown in EAC?

Nope.
'Tv On The Radio - Young Liars'

When I choose to rip to image + cue it creates a .wav file. The CMD prompt beebs 2 times and tells me that the cue has to be moved. I hit enter and then it closes.

EDIT: I had some success by manually copying the CUE file to the right place and then hitting enter in the CMD prompt. No FLAC file though. I'm suspecting that it's not FLACing the files at all.... hmmmm?

Flacattack 0.2

Reply #13
Command Line:

Nope.
'Tv On The Radio - Young Liars'

When I choose to rip to image + cue it creates a .wav file. The CMD prompt beebs 2 times and tells me that the cue has to be moved. I hit enter and then it closes.

EDIT: I had some success by manually copying the CUE file to the right place and then hitting enter in the CMD prompt. No FLAC file though. I'm suspecting that it's not FLACing the files at all.... hmmmm?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=246685"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

@ponchorage: That"s the issue i posted before. The flac.exe is never executed...
I hit Action-->Copy Image and create cue file-->Compressed
In Compression options, the field "Use file Extension" must be empty or ".flac" ?

Flacattack 0.2

Reply #14
What naming scheme are you using under EAC options, filename tab?

Here's mine:
%D - %C\%N - %A - %T

>> Villa21: I just put .flac in there.

>> Jokull: Do you mean it tells you the log needs to be moved?

Here are my compression options:

Flacattack 0.2

Reply #15
Here is version 0.21

Flacattack 0.21

CHANGELOG

1. When ripping to individual files, EAC creates the "Artist - Album" directory and must use replacement
      characters when there are illegal characters. I delete this folder and create a new one using the
      replacement character given on the command line.
  2. I fixed a bug associated with the above problem. When ripping to individual files, Flacattack thought
      an image was being ripped.

Flacattack 0.2

Reply #16
Yeah the .flac file extension was missing. The embedded cuesheet is not read/writted correctly though. I'm suspecting version 0.21 to fix this though which I am about to give a try. Again thank you.

EDIT: Terrific news! It's working flawlessly!

Flacattack 0.2

Reply #17
      values for everything from the ini file. Does anybody know how to fix this?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=246571"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Firstly, well done!  You really have taken the bull by the horns with this one.

I would suspect that this issue is a "root path" issue.

Can you write out the full path of where the application is trying to load the INI file to see where it is trying to look for it?

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Edit: Originally posted that I suspected the app was looking for the INI file in SYSTEM32, but after brief testing that seems to not be the case.[/span]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=246643"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am going to have a look at this and do as you say, pass the complete path of the ini to the app.

Flacattack 0.2

Reply #18
Yeah the .flac file extension was missing. The embedded cuesheet is not read/writted correctly though. I'm suspecting version 0.21 to fix this though which I am about to give a try. Again thank you.

EDIT: Terrific news! It's working flawlessly!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=246788"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

SWEET!! Did upgrading to the new version do the trick for you?