11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
foo_uie_tabs, open ui extensions in a tabbed panel
Phi
post Oct 23 2004, 15:26
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4829

This is something I've been working on. It's not finished, but I have exams to study for. tongue.gif

Plugin
Source code
Screenshot

Also requires foo_ui_columns v0.1.2 beta 4 or greater.

After you've copied the plugin to your foobar components directory, right click in the foo_ui_columns sidebar and select General->"Tabbed panel stack". Then right click on the empty window and use the "Add tab" sub-menu to add whichever extensions you like.

You can also make the tabs appear at the bottom of the window through the "Tab-bar position" sub-menu (right click on a tab to find that). However, Windows XP with themes enabled has issues with using a tab control in tabs-on-the-bottom mode. But it's not my fault, I promise wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phi: Nov 28 2004, 15:09
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
musicmusic
post Oct 23 2004, 16:44
Post #2

Columns UI developer

Group: Developer
Member No.: 4177

w00t.gif. Wow, thats a great idea. Maybe you could change the name from "Tabs" to something like "Panel Stack"?

It caused me one weird problem though. If the tabs is in the sidebar on foobar startup, it causes no mouse button down/up/conext menu messages to be recieved anywhere in the main window except the sidebar. The problem goes away when your panel is removed from the sidebar, it does not happen if your ppanel is added to the sidebar after foobar starts.

I'm not sure if its your fault, I don't have time to look into it anymore than that.

I'll fix this as soon as I figure out a way to detect clicks in an empty tab window(?).
I think they are sent to the parent window.

--------------------
+Quote Post
anza
post Oct 23 2004, 16:57
Post #3

Member No.: 4418

Cooooool w00t.gif
+Quote Post
Cenobita
post Oct 23 2004, 16:58
Post #4

Member No.: 14700

I have a little problem with this plugin.
It work fine the first time i enabled but after close foobar and run it again Im unable to click in any place. blink.gif

Im doing something wrong...? crying.gif

And another question...

How I can get the extend search in the sidebar?
+Quote Post
anza
post Oct 23 2004, 17:15
Post #5

Strange, am I the only one who has no problems with this plugin? huh.gif
Now if only we could figure out a nicer way than tabs, as they are too large for my somewhat minimal taste smile.gif Anyhow, I'm glad there's the autohide option for the sidebar smile.gif

edit: I got an idea! What about having (optionally, of course) those tabs as something like the column headers are? That way it would look much more sleek imho smile.gif

This post has been edited by anza: Oct 23 2004, 17:30
+Quote Post
EZ-man
post Oct 23 2004, 19:50
Post #6

Member No.: 17780

I'm searching for the extended seach plugin(for columns_uie), can someone help me?

this is my fb2k smile.gif

This post has been edited by EZ-man: Nov 21 2004, 15:41
+Quote Post
spaceships
post Oct 23 2004, 20:05
Post #7

Member No.: 13926

QUOTE (EZ-man @ Oct 23 2004, 10:50 AM)
I'm searching for the extended seach plugin(for columns_ie), can someone help me?

this is my fb2k smile.gif

nice windows theme, what is it?
+Quote Post
EZ-man
post Oct 23 2004, 20:12
Post #8

Member No.: 17780

It's window XP classic setting, but I changed some colors. smile.gif
and I used azreal column setting for my fb2k. tongue.gif
nice windows theme, what is it?

This post has been edited by EZ-man: Oct 23 2004, 20:17
+Quote Post
ProfH
post Oct 23 2004, 20:28
Post #9

Member No.: 17796

I've just Just switched to columns_ui and I'm loving it! But how do you get the Album List to display in the sidebar like that?
+Quote Post
anza
post Oct 23 2004, 20:48
Post #10

ProfH, check here.

Phi, Could it be possible to edit the name of the tabs manually?
+Quote Post
foosion
post Oct 23 2004, 21:09
Post #11

Group: FB2K Moderator (Donating)
Member No.: 5153

Nice idea, though I have a few things to make your todo list a little longer. smile.gif
  • The component crashes at start-up when a previously added ui_extension is no longer available.
  • If the component does not crash at start-up (i.e. all added ui_extensions are present), I get the same behaviour as described already by Cenobita. The left mouse button is essentially disabled, and the main window titlebar has the "inactive window" appearance. I've tested this with a minimal set of components to verify that it really is foo_uie_tabs that causes this.

This post has been edited by foosion: Oct 23 2004, 21:14

--------------------
http://foosion.foobar2000.org/ - my components for foobar2000
+Quote Post
ProfH
post Oct 23 2004, 21:50
Post #12

Member No.: 17796

anza,

many thanks! The database explorer extension is pretty cool, too. smile.gif
Gradually moving away from Winamp after >5 years bye2.gif biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Phi
post Oct 24 2004, 03:55
Post #13

QUOTE (musicmusic @ Oct 24 2004, 01:44 AM)
w00t.gif. Wow, thats a great idea. Maybe you could change the name from "Tabs" to something like "Panel Stack"?

Thanks smile.gif. I can make that the default. I'll probably let you choose eventually. I just didn't bother with a config dialog for this initial version.

QUOTE (musicmusic)
It caused me one weird problem though. If the tabs is in the sidebar on foobar startup, it causes no mouse button down/up/conext menu messages to be recieved anywhere in the main window except the sidebar. The problem goes away when your panel is removed from the sidebar, it does not happen if your ppanel is added to the sidebar after foobar starts.

I'm not sure if its your fault, I don't have time to look into it anymore than that.

I'm sure it is my fault. I'll look into it.

QUOTE (musicmusic)
I'll fix this as soon as I figure out a way to detect clicks in an empty tab window(?).
I think they are sent to the parent window.

That's weird, I'm not getting any window messages at all (in the tab control or the parent) when there are no tabs. Probably related to the above problem.

QUOTE (Cenobita @ Oct 24 2004, 01:58 AM)
I have a little problem with this plugin.
It work fine the first time i enabled but after close foobar and run it again Im unable to click in any place. blink.gif

Hrmm... that doesn't sound good. I'll see what I can do.

QUOTE (foosion @ Oct 24 2004, 06:09 AM)
Nice idea, though I have a few things to make your todo list a little longer. smile.gif
  • The component crashes at start-up when a previously added ui_extension is no longer available.

• If the component does not crash at start-up (i.e. all added ui_extensions are present), I get the same behaviour as described already by Cenobita. The left mouse button is essentially disabled, and the main window titlebar has the "inactive window" appearance. I've tested this with a minimal set of components to verify that it really is foo_uie_tabs that causes this.

No problem, thanks for testing. What OS are you on?

QUOTE (anza @ Oct 24 2004, 02:15 AM)
edit: I got an idea! What about having (optionally, of course) those tabs as something like the column headers are? That way it would look much more sleek imho smile.gif

I could eventually draw the tabs myself to make them look a little nicer (or more minimal or whatever). They do look a quite large on your set-up. wink.gif

QUOTE (anza)

Sure.
+Quote Post
Phi
post Oct 24 2004, 06:10
Post #14

New version uploaded (redownload from link in my first post). Fixes all of the bugs reported so far.
+Quote Post
NEMO7538
post Oct 24 2004, 08:02
Post #15

Member No.: 10088

QUOTE (anza @ Oct 23 2004, 11:48 AM)
ProfH, check here.

I second this idea .... It would enable to switch easily between your multiple views of the albumlist without waiting for the refresh, a nice feature in my opinion.

This post has been edited by NEMO7538: Oct 24 2004, 08:04
+Quote Post
upNorth
post Oct 24 2004, 13:50
Post #16

Member No.: 5569

I just ran into a problem. I had foo_temple as a tab, but because of a problem with foo_temple that causes it to revert to a dialog/window on first restart (see this post), every remaining tab in foo_uie_tabs stopped working after restart. All that showed up when I right clicked inside album list or history was "foo_temple configuration".

Edit: Forgot to thank you for this promising plugin. I like the way it makes the interface tidier, and that each panel gets a larger visible area when viewed. Looking forward to future versions.

This post has been edited by upNorth: Oct 24 2004, 14:08
+Quote Post
anza
post Oct 24 2004, 14:09
Post #17

QUOTE (Phi @ Oct 24 2004, 05:55 AM)
QUOTE (anza @ Oct 24 2004, 02:15 AM)

I could eventually draw the tabs myself to make them look a little nicer (or more minimal or whatever). They do look a quite large on your set-up. wink.gif

Cool, thanks smile.gif

I made a quick mock-up of what it could look like, what do you think?

(meh, my ftp connection seems to be dead somehow so I can't upload it on my webspace. I'll upload it to the upload forum in no time - if it works...)

edit: ok, here it is, would something like this be possible?

QUOTE (Phi @ Oct 24 2004, 05:55 AM)
QUOTE (anza)

Sure.

Thanks in advance smile.gif

This post has been edited by anza: Oct 24 2004, 14:12
+Quote Post
Cenobita
post Oct 24 2004, 16:20
Post #18

Member No.: 14700

QUOTE (Phi @ Oct 23 2004, 09:10 PM)
New version uploaded (redownload from link in my first post). Fixes all of the bugs reported so far.

Its working fine now. cool.gif

Fast and efficience fix wink.gif

Only one thing is drives me crazy...

Wheres the extended search tab?

Thanks for all your nice work
+Quote Post
ep0ch
post Oct 24 2004, 17:21
Post #19

Member No.: 5105

Hello,

Instead of tabs could you make an option to use a dropdown list instead? like "playback order".

And why isnt it possible to add volume, seekbar and button panels?

cheers

This post has been edited by ep0ch: Oct 24 2004, 17:23
+Quote Post
musicmusic
post Oct 25 2004, 00:33
Post #20

Columns UI developer

Member No.: 4177

QUOTE (Phi @ Oct 24 2004, 06:10 AM)

Cool, another minor bug is that when you have a single tab, you can still move it right (which then causes problems)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Phi
post Oct 25 2004, 07:57
Post #21

QUOTE (upNorth @ Oct 24 2004, 10:50 PM)
I just ran into a problem. I had foo_temple as a tab, but because of a problem with foo_temple that causes it to revert to a dialog/window on first restart (see this post), every remaining tab in  foo_uie_tabs stopped working after restart. All that showed up when I right clicked inside album list or history was "foo_temple configuration".

I think janjan is still working on that extension. But I'll see if I can improve the error checking in uie_tabs to make sure a "rogue" extension can't interfere with the other tabs. wink.gif

QUOTE (upNorth)
Edit: Forgot to thank you for this promising plugin. I like the way it makes the interface tidier, and that each panel gets a larger visible area when viewed. Looking forward to future versions.

Thank-you. smile.gif

QUOTE (anza @ Oct 24 2004, 11:09 PM)
I made a quick mock-up of what it could look like, what do you think?

edit: ok, here it is, would something like this be possible?

Yeah, that should be possible. I'll need to learn how to do the drawing first though, so it might be a while before it gets added.

QUOTE (Cenobita @ Oct 25 2004, 01:20 AM)
Only one thing is drives me crazy...

Wheres the extended search tab?

It was more of a concept thing, and was only ever released in source code. I suggest you wait until panel support is added to the database search plugin.

QUOTE (ep0ch @ Oct 25 2004, 02:21 AM)
Instead of tabs could you make an option to use a dropdown list instead? like "playback order".

And why isnt it possible to add volume, seekbar and button panels?

Not a bad idea. I won't do anything like that for a while, but I'll add it to my "todo-one-day-in-the-future" list.

QUOTE (musicmusic @ Oct 25 2004, 09:33 AM)
QUOTE (Phi @ Oct 24 2004, 06:10 AM)

Cool, another minor bug is that when you have a single tab, you can still move it right (which then causes problems)

Oops.

Edit: Oh and ep0ch, I forgot to say, the current version doesn't let you add toolbars (seekbar/buttons etc), but I only excluded them because I didn't think they were all that useful inside a tab. I'll re-enable them in an upcoming version.

This post has been edited by Phi: Oct 25 2004, 13:24
+Quote Post
Skates
post Oct 25 2004, 16:59
Post #22

Member No.: 4068

Awesome plug-in, definitely helped organize the panel pane! Thanks!
+Quote Post
jkwarras
post Oct 25 2004, 17:51
Post #23

Member No.: 7113

Hi, thanks for this plugin! smile.gif

A request: Could it be possible to have a minimum height (like the album list panel)? In the case that you want to insert tabbed panel stack outside the sidebar...

--------------------
Ivn
My Blog: http://www.ivancastell.org
+Quote Post
Phi
post Oct 26 2004, 04:23
Post #24

QUOTE (Skates @ Oct 26 2004, 01:59 AM)
Awesome plug-in, definitely helped organize the panel pane! Thanks!

Thanks for saying so. smile.gif

QUOTE (jkwarras @ Oct 26 2004, 02:51 AM)
Hi, thanks for this plugin! smile.gif

A request: Could it be possible to have a minimum height (like the album list panel)? In the case that you want to insert tabbed panel stack outside the sidebar...

Umm... maybe. Definitely not until I add a config page though, since I guess you'll want a say in what that minimum height value actually is. wink.gif
+Quote Post
ep0ch
post Oct 28 2004, 10:16
Post #25

Member No.: 5105

Another feature I would like is having multiple Tabbed Panels or would this need a change to ColumnsUI?

(background: I'd like one tabbed panel used for Visualisations stuff e.g Vis and HTTP Buffer and another tabbed panel used for sliders e.g. seekbar and volume control.)

Edit: forgot to say "thanks!"

This post has been edited by ep0ch: Oct 28 2004, 10:16
+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 11:44