Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_trackinfo (Read 818487 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #550
Man, you're quick!

No more complaints here.

Alessandro

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #551
That's a great news you ported it on 0.9, THX man

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #552
Just wanted to ask if suppport for $tab() is still planned as Phi already listed it here.

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #553
Thanks G Lite
-foobar2000 + Burrrn + EAC
-HD 80Gb using High QualityVBR MP3s

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #554
wow... thanks a bunch... it works perfectly here.

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #555
As you surely know, in 0.8.3 we've been using a tweak somebody made on your plugin that let us have 2 different instances of it: would you consider doing it yourself directly and giving the 2 (or more) different versions different names in the Preferences too, please?

Thanks

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #556
I have a question. This isn't specifically a problem with trackinfo, but since it does affect it i'll ask here:

Why do all the panels use different edge styles?

I mean, most panels have an option to select between 'grey', 'sunken', and 'no edge', which is great, but they never look the same between panels. Look here:

The top panel (trackinfo) and the bottom panel (albumlist) are both using the 'sunken' edge style, but they don't look the same at all. I think that albumlist is actually doing it correctly according to the visual style, but i don't know (or really even care -- i just wish they'd all do it the same way, even if it's wrong).

Like i said, this isn't a problem specifically with trackinfo, it actually seems to affect most panels. But do you know why that inconsistency comes up?
~

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #557
Thanks for the update! Dynamic info works now!

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #558
Thank you again G-Lite

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #559
Works well here. Thanks.
love, IAN
droptothetop.com/

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #560
thanks G-Lite!

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #561
Excellent!  Thank you!!! 

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #562
I'm pretty sure this was requested when it was out for 0.8, but could you implement an option to truncate with '...' instead of wrapping lines?

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #563
you can do it yourself with code, but it will only work correctly with a fixed-width font.

$ifgreater($len(%album%),40,$left(%album%,40)...,%album%)

or something like that

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #564
I have a question. This isn't specifically a problem with trackinfo, but since it does affect it i'll ask here:

I mean, most panels have an option to select between 'grey', 'sunken', and 'no edge', which is great, but they never look the same between panels. Look here:

The top panel (trackinfo) and the bottom panel (albumlist) are both using the 'sunken' edge style, but they don't look the same at all. I think that albumlist is actually doing it correctly according to the visual style, but i don't know (or really even care -- i just wish they'd all do it the same way, even if it's wrong).

Like i said, this isn't a problem specifically with trackinfo, it actually seems to affect most panels. But do you know why that inconsistency comes up?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375939"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It looks like you have chosen grey in trackinfo panel.. but I always use none as edge style, or grey sometimes, it sooks more clean to me..

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #565

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375939"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is proabably because their developers have different ideas of what 'sunken' style means. There are a few window styles and combinations of window styles that have a sunken look, the top panel in that screenshot looks like WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE, while the bottom one doesn't even look sunken, its just a grey border.

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #566
To me sunken is this one:
WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE
    Specifies that a window has a border with a sunken edge.

The trackinfo panel is probably a custom control (?). In that case it won't use themed edges (by default), so it will look different to common control edges, such as the playlist switcher.

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #567
Am I being blind or is there an option to stop the track information changing when I click on a different song to the one that s playing?

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #568
Am I being blind or is there an option to stop the track information changing when I click on a different song to the one that s playing?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377137"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Double click on track info pannel to switch from the follow the cursor and now playing modes.

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #569
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377137"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Double click on track info pannel to switch from the follow the cursor and now playing modes.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377139"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Ahh, cool thanks

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #570
To me sunken is this one:
WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE
    Specifies that a window has a border with a sunken edge.
:P

The trackinfo panel is probably a custom control (?). In that case it won't use themed edges (by default), so it will look different to common control edges, such as the playlist switcher.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377047"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's bogus, i figured everybody would just know which control is the correct one to use. :/

Requesting that trackinfo uses WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE for the sunken style, then, in any case. :please:
~

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #571
Bogus? What an ingrate! G-Lite just took over this plugin, and was nice enough to get a version together for v.0.9 this week. Be thankful that we have a working version to use, and give it a little time to get refined. Whether this plugin has a correct sunken edge border is the least of my worries.

To G-Lite: This fix seems to be so critical to some, that if you fix the border, then maybe soon we will have World peace. How's that for pressure? ;-)
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #572
Jesus Christ, why don't you act like i freaked out about it or something.

I never blamed G-Lite for using the incorrect edge style, i only asked that he (or whoever is going to be in charge of the plug-in from now on) fix it.

Also i was saying 'bogus' to the notion that people could have their own personal idea of what sunken edges are when there is evidently a pre-defined common control for it.
~

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #573
I didn't accuse you of freaking out. I was just pointing out that people need to have some patience with developers getting their plugins released and/or refined. And now with your response, we are in total agreement.
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

foo_uie_trackinfo

Reply #574
All this talk about freaking out is freaking me out! AHHH
=)

Since it hasn't been said enough, I'm sure, Thank you G-Lite!