Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo_uie_albumart (Read 1103179 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #725
i found yet another problem:

i have 4 sources (cd cover, vinyl side A, vinyl side B, and vinyl cover)
when all 4 are present, it works like a charm!
problem is when there's some missing..

i have an album that has cd cover and vinyl cover (vinyl sides A & B missing), and i have to go through "next source" even for the covers that are not there...
i have cd cover, "next" is vinyl cover, than "next" STILL IS vinyl cover, then "next" STILL IS vinyl cover. only then it returns to the first (it goes through all 4 sources, only shows 2)
im wondering if there's a way to only go through the ones that are there. I tried $if with no success (after all there are no tags involved)..
if someone could give me a hand...

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #727
@gfngfgf:
already seen it, not really much help, but thanks anyway

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #728
UPDATE: version updated to v0.045
UPDATE: source released

New since v0.01:
v.045
* Minimum height
* Cyclable sources
* Updated albumlist
* Bug fixes
* ...other stuff.
v0.044
* Fixed wildcard matching so it works with unicode
* Bug fixes
* Source released
v0.043
* If cover stays the same, no redrawing.
* Option to show the cover for the Album List selection if the list has focus (needs a sepcial version of the Album List panel, included in the release archive)
v0.042
* Cleaned up code
* Recompiled using the new SDK
* Changed source list defaults
v0.041
* Recoded the UIE implementation, which by itself fixed too many bugs to list here
v0.040
* Change code to GDI+ in order to improve resizing quality
* Mouse clicks user-selected functionality
* Fix sources list bug (changing precedence seldom messes up source display)
* Wildcards in cover sources
* Add png support
* Allow access to all possible click functionalities through context menu.
* Works with the new columns_ui (is it .012? something like that)
v0.034
* In initial sources, change "deafult.jpg" to "components\default.jpg" (click reset to get new defaults if you are updating to this version)
* Include a default.jpg with the DLL
* Refresh on source list change
* Option for auto-fit without maintaining aspect ratio
* When no track playing, follow cursor regardless of settings
* Load focued track's cover on start up (works with start playing on startup because
it plays the focused track anyway)
* Option for a black pixel border around cover art image--image, not panel (I wanted it this way... looks pretty)
* Fix host transfer
* Added an option that opens the preferences to the end of the standard ui_extension context menu.
v0.033
* Paths with special characters work.
* Better resource management.
v0.032
* Ability to set background color.
* Option to follow cursor.
* Some random fixes and changes.
v0.03a:
* Better resizing quality.
* Sources list (uses title formatting).
v0.02:
* Album cover not a control anymore and is now simply drawn using StretchBlt.
* Config window with options for auto-center, auto-expand, and auto-shrink.

Needs both MSVCP71.dll and MSVCR71.dll present in order to work, as well as GDI+ runtime installed (standard in Windows XP and newer). Please make sure these necessities are met before complainining about DLL load errors. Thanks.
Also, if you are upgrading from a previous version, it is recommended that you reset the source list by clicking Reset.

Download:
v0.045 Binary
v0.045 Source

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253677"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Broken links? I can't download!

Error 404 - page does not exist
Sorry, the page /storage/foo_uie_albumart.zip does not exist at www.egosphere.webplanethost.com

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #729
..no reason to copy & paste the whole first post   
Broken links or not, it doesn't matter that much as there is an updated foo_ui_albumart available 

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #730
..no reason to copy & paste the whole first post  
Broken links or not, it doesn't matter that much as there is an updated foo_ui_albumart available 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358970"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I surfed on over to HA just now so I could download 0.045 to see if it solves a problem I'm having with the updated one in that other thread. I've started seeing my CPU usage maxing out constantly with fb2k, and the only thing that's been changed recently was this plug-in. Before that CPU usage was always near zero with 0.045. Wishing I hadn't overwritten it now.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #731
I am using the "WigBam" fix, and I see no increased CPU usage.
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #732
Hey There,

Love this plugin - however I am having a very annoying problem with it - I have a large folder full of songs which are all just singles - there is no artwork in it so naturally you would think it would just display the default image?

Wrong - for some reaon it displays "Pet Shop Boys - The Hits" cover - now I don't have this album on my computer!  Very frustrating!  Any help would be very much appreciated!

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #733
Hey There,

Love this plugin - however I am having a very annoying problem with it - I have a large folder full of songs which are all just singles - there is no artwork in it so naturally you would think it would just display the default image?

Wrong - for some reaon it displays "Pet Shop Boys - The Hits" cover - now I don't have this album on my computer!  Very frustrating!  Any help would be very much appreciated!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=370927"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Could you post your source list?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #734
Sure

$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)folder.jpg
-match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)*
-components\default.png
$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)folder.png

The other thing that really confuses me about this - over a year ago I tried Foobar and decided against using it for various reasons - and this EXACT same problem was happening with the same folder and album cover - recently I have moved back to foobar.  Since then my computer has crashed and has had to be completely restored but this is STILL happening!

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #735
Hey There,

I don't know if it's something this simple, but have you tried showing hidden files in that folder, and then deleting folder.jpg.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #736
i dont want to make it too automated... i mean i already have most of the cover images anyways.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #737
Hey There,

I don't know if it's something this simple, but have you tried showing hidden files in that folder, and then deleting folder.jpg.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=371097"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I tried that and had no luck, also searched through all the files in the affected folder and none of them have any pictures attached to them.  Even when I have other .jpg in the folders and select next source it doesn't remove it!

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #739

I tried that and had no luck, also searched through all the files in the affected folder and none of them have any pictures attached to them.  Even when I have other .jpg in the folders and select next source it doesn't remove it!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374802"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The sources list is used in the order that they are shown so that the 1st on is checked then the 2nd etc.

You sources list falls back to ANY picure in the same directory, if you don't what it to do this remove this line:

Code: [Select]
 -match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)*

And adjust your Soruces to look like:

$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)folder.png
-components\default.png

This setup will look for folder.png then folder.jpg then use the nocover image.

If you want you can replace the first two lines with

match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)folder.*

and it will match folder.jpg|.png|.gif|.bmp

Also just so you know sources starting with a '-' are sub sources and so are skipped when choosing 'Next Source'.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #740
Hi all, just d/led this plugin. It loads just fine (so no dll problem). I can see the Album Art Panel in Preference/Component. WHat I can't see is where's the Panel!! I am expect to at least see the default.png. I am using Column UI (does this plug-in only works with ColumnUI?) Where is the panel??

[edit] Got it. I guess I am not very familiar with columnUI...

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #741
can anyone give me the code to use folder.jpg or folder.gif for the plugin?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #742
$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)folder.gif

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #743
yeah i tried that but its not working for some reason

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #744
Hi.
I'm relatively new to this forum. (at least as a registered user)
After reading this thread about albumart, i could not find a way to load images from compressed audio files, could anyone give me a help here ?
TIA.

Greetz.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #745
"foo_uie_albumart.dll" cannot read album art from tags.
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #746
Would it be possible to implement cover masking. That is masking the cover image with a black/white image and then merging it with say a cd case. Basically like Winamp CD Case. Additionally allowing to rotate the cover image would be ideal. Assuming that GDI+ is being used for the plugin, this shouldn't be hard to achieve given someone knows how to code it.

This is what I am aiming at.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #747
Would it be possible to implement cover masking. That is masking the cover image with a black/white image and then merging it with say a cd case. Basically like Winamp CD Case. Additionally allowing to rotate the cover image would be ideal. Assuming that GDI+ is being used for the plugin, this shouldn't be hard to achieve given someone knows how to code it.

This is what I am aiming at.

yeah i would love this too... i wish i knew graphics programming...

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #748
I'm having some trouble finding how to change the selected font and color for the album panel.  I'm currently using 0.9 with columnsUI.  Does it only use the default windows explorer color for selection?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #749
Wow, I love your plugin. I've been using iTunes for some time and not long ago I switched to foobar because of its functionality, now you improve foobar on its interface, how nice!