Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: patches for aacgain (Read 18611 times) previous topic - next topic

patches for aacgain

http://altosdesign.com/aacgain/aacgain_1_0_to_1_1.patch

Fixes witt's problem with 5.1 files. They didn't work bacause there was no code to deal with files with >2 channels. I stole the 5.1 analysis algorithm from foobar2000 and added it to aacgain. If you don't like it, adjust to taste.
I also fixed a problem reported by snelg where the output with /o flag didn't always match what the MP3GainGUI expects.

http://altosdesign.com/aacgain/aacgain_fix_bible.patch

Fixes Digga's problem with the files from the m4a-bible. These files were mono. I had modifed faad2 to skip decoding, and only parse files when gain was being adjusted. Unfortunately for mono files I skipped over some code that was needed for parsing.

These patches can be applied singly or together.

I'll be making a 1.1 release next week.

I received a Linux port from DarkAvenger. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but if it doesn't break the windoze code, I'll add that as well.

Thanks to all for your positive comments.

Happy Holidays!

Dave

patches for aacgain

Reply #1
Fixes Digga's problem with the files from the m4a-bible. These files were mono. I had modifed faad2 to skip decoding, and only parse files when gain was being adjusted. Unfortunately for mono files I skipped over some code that was needed for parsing.
ah, so it wasn't just because of my dumbness 
I'll be making a 1.1 release next week.
Thanks to all for your positive comments.
that's good to hear.
thanks for your work.
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

patches for aacgain

Reply #3
could some kind soul build a binary (win)?

patches for aacgain

Reply #5
Already did a couple of days ago:
ty.
maybe it would be a good idea to update the version at RW too...

patches for aacgain

Reply #6
maybe it would be a good idea to update the version at RW too...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=261880"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I emailed rjamorim a binary on Sunday, but he hasn't updated RW yet. He's probably still celebrating xmas 

Dave

patches for aacgain

Reply #7
does this tool handle the normalization of single streams in .mp4 files with multiple tracks in it (eg two aac audio streams, audio+video, aac and mp3 audio streams in one .mp4, ...)
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)

patches for aacgain

Reply #8
does this tool handle the normalization of single streams in .mp4 files with multiple tracks in it (eg two aac audio streams, audio+video, aac and mp3 audio streams in one .mp4, ...)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262048"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

mp3 processing is unmodifed from mp3gain. I don't think it will handle mp3 in an mp4 container.

aacgain only handles files with a single track. It will refuse to process a multi-track file.

If aacgain doesn't meet your needs, feel free to modify it

patches for aacgain

Reply #9
If aacgain doesn't meet your needs, feel free to modify it
i am not a developer

than just note this as a feature wish for christmas: an option to define which trackid the gain gets applied to.
i assume now your tool does this automatically on the trackid 1 (which most aac-only encoders use, but its already easily doable to get an aac-only file where the audio stream is not on place 1. eg muxing an aac stream with mp4box into .mp4 will give it the id 101 afaik, which is the id defined by isma for aac-in-mp4)
afaik mpeg4ips mp4v2 lib should handle different trackids already

patches for aacgain

Reply #10
i assume now your tool does this automatically on the trackid 1 (which most aac-only encoders use, but its already easily doable to get an aac-only file where the audio stream is not on place 1. eg muxing an aac stream with mp4box into .mp4 will give it the id 101 afaik, which is the id defined by isma for aac-in-mp4)[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262229"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

aacgain checks that there is one track in the file, and then processes it, regardless of its track id. Does that help you?

In the case of multiple tracks, would it be useful to have aacgain automatically process all tracks?

Thanks for the feedback!

Dave

patches for aacgain

Reply #11
aacgain checks that there is one track in the file, and then processes it, regardless of its track id. Does that help you?

thanks for the info

In the case of multiple tracks, would it be useful to have aacgain automatically process all tracks?

hm, what is if there are video tracks in the .mp4 files too? wouldnt this cause problems

i am coming more from the video encoding side and there people often combine aac and mpeg-4 video in the .mp4 container.
(most of the time 1 video stream and 1 audio stream (in few cases also more audio streams))

if your tool could recognize that a stream is video and doesnt try to gain it, a "do gain on all tracks" option would be indeed nice

patches for aacgain

Reply #12
I've made the necessary changes in the MP3Gain GUI to fully integrate with aacgain.
Well, fully integrate with it if you re-name it to "mp3gain.exe"

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/download.php

-Glen

patches for aacgain

Reply #13
Hi Snelg, I wonder whether you got my email about the trouble I am having with the gain analysis in linux. Any bright ideas?

patches for aacgain

Reply #14
I've made the necessary changes in the MP3Gain GUI to fully integrate with aacgain.
Well, fully integrate with it if you re-name it to "mp3gain.exe"

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/download.php

-Glen
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've tried AACgain through your very useful GUI (thanks), and there were errors after I applied track gain. The generated log is [a href="ftp://ftp2.foobar2000.net/foobar/MP3GainGUIErrors.zip]here[/url].

I've also noticed that many blank and non-blank temporary files were generated in MP3Gain folder, and are not deleted:
ftp://ftp2.foobar2000.net/foobar/MP3GainGUIErrors.png

Any idea?
Wavpack Hybrid: one encoder for all scenarios
WavPack -c4.5hx6 (44100Hz & 48000Hz) ≈ 390 kbps + correction file
WavPack -c4hx6 (96000Hz) ≈ 768 kbps + correction file
WavPack -h (SACD & DSD) ≈ 2400 kbps at 2.8224 MHz

patches for aacgain

Reply #15
I've tried AACgain through your very useful GUI (thanks), and there were errors after I applied track gain. The generated log is here.

I've also noticed that many blank and non-blank temporary files were generated in MP3Gain folder, and are not deleted:
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry, these are both my bugs.

I was returning the "old-style" return code to MP3GainGUI on success; the "new-style" on failure. As a result MP3GainGUI thought all runs of aacgain failed. I also neglected to delete a temp file when the /t option was used.

I've posted updated source code on [a href="http://altosdesign.com/aacgain/]http://altosdesign.com/aacgain/[/url] and emailed Roberto an executable to post on RW.

Version 1.1 will work with the old version of MP3GainGUI, but if you are using the latest versions of MP3GainGUI (1.2.5 or 1.3.4) then you must use aacgain version 1.2.

Thanks for finding this!

Dave

patches for aacgain

Reply #16
This is very nice...any chance that that aacgain might be able to work with Apple Lossless in the near future?

I've tried AACgain through your very useful GUI (thanks), and there were errors after I applied track gain. The generated log is here.

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry, these are both my bugs.

I was returning the "old-style" return code to MP3GainGUI on success; the "new-style" on failure. As a result MP3GainGUI thought all runs of aacgain failed. I also neglected to delete a temp file when the /t option was used.

I've posted updated source code on [a href="http://altosdesign.com/aacgain/]http://altosdesign.com/aacgain/[/url] and emailed Roberto an executable to post on RW.

Version 1.1 will work with the old version of MP3GainGUI, but if you are using the latest versions of MP3GainGUI (1.2.5 or 1.3.4) then you must use aacgain version 1.2.

Thanks for finding this!

Dave
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=264038"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

patches for aacgain

Reply #17
Just to clear up stuff: AAC and Apple Lossless have only one thing in common: that they are both supported by Apple.
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

patches for aacgain

Reply #18
any chance that that aacgain might be able to work with Apple Lossless in the near future?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=264065"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No chance of that happening.

If you have lossless, or other formats other than aac & mp3 in your iTunes library, then use iTunes's soundcheck instead.

Dave

patches for aacgain

Reply #19
I've posted updated source code on http://altosdesign.com/aacgain/ and emailed Roberto an executable to post on RW.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=264038"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's already uploaded.

Best regards;

Roberto.

patches for aacgain

Reply #20
Wonderful piece of software. I just used it on my iTunes Music Library folder, but there were 6 files that wouldn't be changed, the log said Error: Wrap while modifying gain. Any idea why this happens?

patches for aacgain

Reply #21
Wonderful piece of software. I just used it on my iTunes Music Library folder, but there were 6 files that wouldn't be changed, the log said Error: Wrap while modifying gain. Any idea why this happens?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=265825"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
from the command line, run

aacgain /? wrap

for an explaination of wrapping. Unlike mp3gain, aacgain does not permit wrapping.

Dave