Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Forum announcement (Read 18182 times) previous topic - next topic

Forum announcement

As you may or may not have noticed, Hydrogenaudio is now hosted on a new server. There might be some minor issues due to that, but we'll resolve them during the next few days.

Dibrom hasn't been able to spend much time working on HA recently. As a result, there are some changes in the administration of the site. I've been asked to take over most of the admin work for the time being.

There are two other changes that you definitely should have noticed: 1) We returned to the original portal, and 2) no more ads.  We will keep you updated about further changes.

Regards, the Hydrogenaudio Team

Forum announcement

Reply #1
Excellent. I definetely like this portal better.

Forum announcement

Reply #2
Good News 

Forum announcement

Reply #3
Nice to see the original portal again.

Two features I miss at the moment:
1) forum/subforum display for each entry in "Acitve Topics", as seen in "Your topics".
2) "Acitve Topics" in the foobar2000 subforum.

No hurry, just mentioning it.

Edit: Grayed out as they no longer apply.

Forum announcement

Reply #4
This had me pleasantly surprised!

Personally I'm missing the fast reply button. Sometimes I found it quite handy to just give a short answer (like this one ). But take your time!
edit: fast reply was there all along.

Forum announcement

Reply #5
This had me pleasantly surprised!

Personally I'm missing the fast reply button. Sometimes I found it quite handy to just give a short answer (like this one ). But take your time!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267428"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nothing changed here, it was disabled in validated news before as well.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Forum announcement

Reply #6
Nothing changed here, it was disabled in validated news before as well.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267442"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ah, yes, I was surprised to see it when I browsed the forum and was about to correct my post. So much the better!

Forum announcement

Reply #7
Very good news for me too. I like this portal MUCH better.

Now the Wiki...

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

Forum announcement

Reply #8
Very good news for me too. I like this portal MUCH better.

Now the Wiki...

Sergio
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267534"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What about the wiki?

Forum announcement

Reply #9
What about the wiki?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267536"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ouch! I may be blind (and very often I've been proved of it), but I don't see any content in the Wiki's "Main Page", but a link to the old wiki content mantained at rarewares.org (which is a blessing to have, btw).

Hold on.... just checked in another window: there is content, even new one, and I can get to it through the "Recent changes" navigation link, but... still not an index page like the one I can get at rarewares.org  Where is it supposed to be??

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

Forum announcement

Reply #11
You are right: I need to make a link to the index page at the navigation box or content list should be moved to the main page.

The index page can be found here: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Topic_Index
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267545"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, I'm not blind this time! 

IMO, a link to the index page at the navigation box would be better, leaving room at the Main page for announcements or other volatile content.

Sergio
Sergio

Forum announcement

Reply #12
OK, I added a link to the index page.
You might need to clear your browser cache to see it.

Forum announcement

Reply #13
OK, I added a link to the index page.
You might need to clear your browser cache to see it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267552"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeap! Perfect!

Many thanks, Jan S.
Sergio

Forum announcement

Reply #14
I was on my bi-weekly run past the active topics and noticed that the front page was different. Mohh. It's very nice to see the old portal back.
"We live as if the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be..." - Angel

Forum announcement

Reply #15
Any chance the spacing will be modified on the front page to condese things more in active topics & add room for maybe the last 15/20 active posts, given how active this site is.  All in all a breath of fresh air.  Soooooo good to have this portal back! So, Thanks!  :  :

Forum announcement

Reply #16
I miss the more link on the active topics menu. I also noticed that the last post info for the CD Hardware/Software forum is inaccurate.

Edit: Grayed out as they no longer apply.

Forum announcement

Reply #17
Google search page links to lowfi versions of HA threads are broken...Is that something new?

Forum announcement

Reply #18
Maybe it's a space issue, but I miss "read/unread" (aka "New/No New") markers to the left of each entry, in the portal's "Active Topics" list.

Minor bug I noticed:
If I minimize then maximize the "Navigation" box to the left of "Active Topics" at the portal, it leaves a "large" gap between itself and "Recommended Sites". This happens with Firefox 1.0 but not with Opera 7.54 or IE 6.0. Possibly related to my Firefox settings/extensions. The bug can be corrected by toggling the "Recommended Sites" box.

Forum announcement

Reply #19
Excellent news,

thanks for taking on the task CiTay and GL with it

Forum announcement

Reply #20
I was very    when I logged in. Very nice

I really missed the "Active Topics" from the index.

Forum announcement

Reply #21
Minor bug I noticed:
If I minimize then maximize the "Navigation" box to the left of "Active Topics" at the portal, it leaves a "large" gap between itself and "Recommended Sites". This happens with Firefox 1.0 but not with Opera 7.54 or IE 6.0. Possibly related to my Firefox settings/extensions. The bug can be corrected by toggling the "Recommended Sites" box.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267615"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is a known Firefox bug.

Forum announcement

Reply #22
Hurray! The old portal is back! I'll actually start visiting again! I hated the old one, and it put me off visiting regually!

Good work!

Forum announcement

Reply #23
I miss the more link on the active topics menu. I also noticed that the last post info for the CD Hardware/Software forum is inaccurate.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267604"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The latter should be fixed now. Please post if it happens again.

Edit: I added a More link. I personally don't really like the aesthetics though, moreso because "Active Topics" has the same functionality.

Forum announcement

Reply #24
Would it be too much trouble to ask for a list of people who are the admins/mods now so if we have any issues we can raise it directly and privately with them? Or is there an option to show them in the members list?

EDIT: Nevermind found it... for those that don't know just click Members and scroll down to the bottom and select what group you wish to view. Simple as that...

Regards
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams