Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar Gallery (Read 1804785 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2075
...back again...I pretty much only changed my VS (from Luna Element to self-modded Royale Vista) and the buttons to a self-modded "Smoke Special Mini" (the colors change on hover).  The sidebar is hidden (as shown in the pics).  

hidden sidebar:
[a href="http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssfb0sj.jpg" target="_blank"]

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2076
nice font, is that arial?

Nope. It's Franklin Gothic Medium, 9pt. Afaik comming with WinXP.

And I'm already changing the design. Again... Those black blocks in the 'Artist/Album' column seem too out of place. They absolutely need some counterweight.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2077

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2078
I see, Brother John. When you have a various artists album, you simply add the artist in the track title column. I could do that but I don't like how it looks. It seems to take away from the purpose of different columns for different info.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2079
current config, using Navigator suite.

Album view:

Singles view:

Various Artist view:

VA albums are marked by the %album artist% tag containing 'Various Artists' or the name of album. Artist tag contains the name of the artist of the track.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2080
You could do this in your title column:

$if($strcmp(1,%various%),[%artist% - ][%title%],%title%)

or any variation of that:

$if($strcmp(1,%various%),[%title% - ][%artist%],%title%)

(I think) that would make it so that it would show the artist and the title in the title column if the album was by various artists. If the album was normal, then it would just show the title.

That being said, I became tired of Navigator suite so I put my own little twist on Masahiko's configuration, and this is what I came up with:

[a href="http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/3603/fooshot1ts.jpg" target="_blank"] ) it will display a red x (like internet explorer!) instead of a check.

The hotness column is a rating column that goes by five "lllll"s every rating point. The various colors are the hotness of the track, going from black to bright red.

You can't see it very well, but there is a red border around the black playlist parts.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2081
So far everyone is putting the name of the artist in the track title column. I assume that is the most common way. Aside from the fact that none of my mp3's have an %album artist% or %various% tag, I don't like how that looks. I guess I'll just stick with what I have. Thanks for the replies, though.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2082
Well fine then. Hmph.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2083
Here's mine, simple and functional:

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2084
Here's how I have the various artists. You can the one that has various and the ones that don't:

Anyone have any suggestions of anything you see right away that would make my setup look better?

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2085
You have enough space in your title column to put the artist in there, too. There's no need for a various artists column if it will be blank 80% of the time.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2086
Double post, sorry 

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2087
You could do this in your title column:

$if($strcmp(1,%various%),[%artist% - ][%title%],%title%)

or any variation of that:

$if($strcmp(1,%various%),[%title% - ][%artist%],%title%)

(I think) that would make it so that it would show the artist and the title in the title column if the album was by various artists. If the album was normal, then it would just show the title.

That being said, I became tired of Navigator suite so I put my own little twist on Masahiko's configuration, and this is what I came up with:

) it will display a red x (like internet explorer!) instead of a check.

The hotness column is a rating column that goes by five "lllll"s every rating point. The various colors are the hotness of the track, going from black to bright red.

You can't see it very well, but there is a red border around the black playlist parts.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=360427"][{POST_SNAPBACK}]

Out of interest what are you using to to give you those taskbar icons?

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2088

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']moderation: please refrain from inlining images larger than roughly 800x600 and 80KB. please use thumbnails and/or links for large pictures instead.[/span]

-oopps sorry......

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2089
There's no need for a various artists column if it will be blank 80% of the time.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=360612"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's always a trade off between one-column-one-purpose and wasting a lot of screen space. And, well, you might have noticed that I didn't call my title column "Title" but "Track". And the track artist is definitely a piece of info belonging in a "track" column.

If you want to fit a lot of different stuff into a single playlist, compromises are unavoidable. Just image a single list of a whole collection including normal albums, VAs, life concert recordings, single tracks, classical compilations, albums with a single classical work.

Habla, nice one! Simple and effective.

Brother John

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2090
Thanks, brother!

The taskbar icons are via tbar_foo and foo_remote. I have no idea where to get them anymore, but if I could upload them, I would.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2091
Yeah, after looking it over, that would be the best way. The way I have it, each column is at the absolute smallest width they can be to show the longest entry each has. I lucked out that it also happens to be the exact width of my screen. However, if I put the various artists in the track title column, that would give me a lot more space to play around with. Thanks for the advice. I'll post another screenshot when I get that done (will take a while to change around all the coding).

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2092
Hey guys, I am kinda new to this forum and to Foobar. I have tried to make a config that matches the InspiratSE visual style by StefanKa. I modded an iTUnes config I found somewhere on the web. I would mention the author if I can just find that page again.     

Here is my config.
Edit: I changed the screenshot.
[a href="http://server3.pictiger.com/img/52651/picture-hosting/untitled.php" target="_blank"] ) and some help too. I would like the image of playback buttons that would match this visual style (if anyone has it). Also I had another ong file for playback buttons. But when I tried to change it, I got an error which said "Please make sure the libpng.dll and zlib.dll are in the correct place". What's wrong?

Thanks,

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2093
Removed various artists column. How does it look now?

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2094
There are a few things that I would like to get (if possible   ) and some help too. I would like the image of playback buttons that would match this visual style (if anyone has it). Also I had another ong file for playback buttons. But when I tried to change it, I got an error which said "Please make sure the libpng.dll and zlib.dll are in the correct place". What's wrong?

Thanks,
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=360913"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

if you use buttons that are png files, then you have to make sure libpng.dll, and zlib.dll are in the foobar 2000 root directory, ex c:/program files/foobar2000/

you can find the exact dlls by googling them.........

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2095
if you use buttons that are png files, then you have to make sure libpng.dll, and zlib.dll are in the foobar 2000 root directory, ex c:/program files/foobar2000/

you can find the exact dlls by googling them.........
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=360921"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks!
One more question though. Can I have separate PNG files for each of the playback button or do they have to be one file? The reason I am asking is because I have separate PNGs for the playback buttons (each for Play, Pause etc)

Edit: One more question:
What is the code for adding a Rating column so that I can click to give song rating on the playlist itself?

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2096
My foobar:

[a href="http://img137.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc61&image=b8b2d_Untitled_1.jpg" target="_blank"] I used mainly basic configurations and changed them to make it suitable for me.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2097
My Foobar:
[a href="http://img467.imageshack.us/my.php?image=foobar0qi.png" target="_blank"]

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2098
@ Idec Sdawkminn:

How do you get the horizontal gradient of the background? I have been trying to get it done by using the $blend function but I cant get it to work. Could you give me the code or load the fcs file or something?

Thanks,

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2099
@ Idec Sdawkminn:

How do you get the horizontal gradient of the background? I have been trying to get it done by using the $blend function but I cant get it to work. Could you give me the code or load the fcs file or something?

Thanks,

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=361135"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's not blend. It's transition. What part do you want? The horizontal goes from black and fades to a color and then fades from that color to white. The color is different on each line. It starts at pure red on the first track in the playlist and gradually fades to yellow over the course of 255 tracks, then fades to green, then blue-green, then blue, then violet, then back to red and starts over, each taking 255 lines to get to the next color. You said you want the horizontal gradient, but is that all? If so, what color would you want the black to fade to?