Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Navigator-Suite Feedback (Read 361959 times) previous topic - next topic

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #325
[span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%']Navigator 1.4.0 alpha7 for fb2k 0.9beta13+/ui_columns prealpha16+[/span]

changelog:
- fixed wrong indicators in replaygain-column
- fixed wrong indicators in metadata-matrix
- fixed a rare glitch occuring when detecting non-singletracks via albumgain
- ported various recent FCS-fixes to the copy-string

I am currently only interested in bug-reports, no feature-proposals:
I do already have an TODO-list and my current time-schedule does not allow it to become bigger. Thus, i'm only interested in bugs.

-> If you upgrade your fb2k/ui_columns/navigator-fcs, then backup your current configs first! <-

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #326
I'm using Alpha 7, and the comment's are not shown.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #327
[span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%']Navigator 1.4.0 beta1 for fb2k 0.9beta13+/ui_columns prealpha16+[/span]

changelog:
- fixed comments not being displayed
- tracknumbers in format "x/y" are now correctly shown as "xx" in FCS and copy-string
- some additional notes in the how-to

Besides of already planned features, i do not intend to add further features to the 1.x.x line of Navigator. After 1.4.0 i will focus on working on 2.0.0 and only do bugfixes for the 1.4.0 line. 2.0.0 however already has a milelong list of planned changes & features, thus i'm not really short on TODO stuff.

-> If you upgrade your fb2k/ui_columns/navigator-fcs, then backup your current configs first! <-

- Lyx

@keytotime: thanks for bug-reporting.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #328
I'm using version 1.4.0 beta1

Can you tell me how to get the daily total and last played tabs to work. I dont see anything although i have the tabs enabled.

Also foo_playcount is loaded and works when i put %last_played% and %play_count% in the status bar.

Also thank you for all your work i really like it!

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #329
LAST_PLAYED: my fault, will be fixed in next version

PLAY_COUNT(ER): current beta component was made by peter (foobar2000 author) and uses PLAY_COUNT - while all other plugins(and formattings) use PLAY_COUNTER. He is now aware of the incompatibility

FIRST_PLAYED: not supported by current beta playcount-plugin.

Daily plays: requires PLAY_COUNTER and FIRST_PLAYED to be available - else, there would be no way to calculate it.

thanks for reporting this.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #330
[span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%']Navigator 1.4.0 beta3 for fb2k 0.9beta13+/ui_columns prealpha16+[/span]

changelog:
- fixed incompatibility with playcounter plugins which use other storage-methods than tags (this does NOT mean, that the earlier mentioned incompatibilities on the side of the beta playcount plugin are solved - i just fixed what was wrong on my side and thats it)
- nuked beta2 and uploaded beta3: it now should REALLY work as expected :-P

Besides of already planned features, i do not intend to add further features to the 1.x.x line of Navigator. After 1.4.0 i will focus on working on 2.0.0 and only do bugfixes for the 1.4.0 line. 2.0.0 however already has a milelong list of planned changes & features, thus i'm not really short on TODO stuff.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #331
my two petty zloty...

I think it was a bad idea to move the info for the hybrid single tracks into the title column. The reason? Now it's harder to spot single tracks at one glance while it's more likely to visually associate them with the previous full album (I know about the solid border-lines). In the same vein I think the "highlight only right side plus album info" is significantly slower than before when selecting tracks with the mouse?
Suggestion in good faith. Revert to single track info in left column, plus dividing lines (plus maybe a slightly different shade for single tracks). Revert selection highlight to full rows (it looks more standard as well IMO).

just feeding back, so.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #332
I think it was a bad idea to move the info for the hybrid single tracks into the title column. The reason? Now it's harder to spot single tracks at one glance while it's more likely to visually associate them with the previous full album (I know about the solid border-lines).[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352332"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No matter which way i do it, it will look ambigious. If i do it as it its now, that it looks like being part of the previous album. If i do it as you propose, then it looks like being part of the next album. Reason why it looked less ambigious before was because of the missing borders - but that in turn looks uggly.

Whatever, in a few months, the whole hybridmode-mess will probably be solved anyways by changes in columns ui. So, i consider the current solution a temporary one which looks not too awfull.

In the same vein I think the "highlight only right side plus album info" is significantly slower than before when selecting tracks with the mouse?

Placebo.

The difference in execution-speed is too minimal to be noticed. IF it is noticable, then the new method should actually be faster(older one was more cpu-intensive).

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #333
deleted

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #334
hi there, congrats for this nice fcs,    after looking at a few i guess this one will be my choice

altough i made a few mods, i´m no programmer myself... anyway.. i need to take the playlist tabs from the top (btw i'm using old 0.83 foo version) because i use sidebar playlist in album mode and i don´t like to see a 3 rows of playlists at the top of the main window. how can i take thsoe out please? 

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #335
this is my favorite fcs, thank you so much lyx.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #336
I've only recently discovered the "DISCNUMBER" tag and have gone through my collection and applied this where needed.  However I would like the disc number to be displayed in foobar without having to resort to either putting it within the album name i.e. Name of Album Disc 1, Name of Album Disc 2 etc or putting it in the Comments field.  Is there anyway within Navigator to apply the DISCNUMBER tag so that it shows next to the actual album name?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #337
I've only recently discovered the "DISCNUMBER" tag and have gone through my collection and applied this where needed.  However I would like the disc number to be displayed in foobar without having to resort to either putting it within the album name i.e. Name of Album Disc 1, Name of Album Disc 2 etc or putting it in the Comments field.  Is there anyway within Navigator to apply the DISCNUMBER tag so that it shows next to the actual album name?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=369581"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think navigator uses DISC as its disc number tag.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #338
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=369581"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think navigator uses DISC as its disc number tag.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=369594"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In foobar 0.9 / Navigator 1.4.0b3, DISC is automatically aliased to DISCNUMBER. So no matter if you tag with DISC or DISCNUMBER, both will display correctly.

I dont know if this is also the case for foobar 0.8.3 - if not, then there are no plans to fix it for 0.8.3.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #339
In foobar 0.9 / Navigator 1.4.0b3, DISC is automatically aliased to DISCNUMBER. So no matter if you tag with DISC or DISCNUMBER, both will display correctly.

I dont know if this is also the case for foobar 0.8.3 - if not, then there are no plans to fix it for 0.8.3.

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=369599"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No it isn't the case in 0.8.3... isn't hard to fix though Demonanya, just look in globals about 3 quarters of the way down in the detection core section and replace this line:
$puts(album,[$if2(%album%,%venue%)[ - CD%disc%]])
with this one:
$puts(album,[$if2(%album%,%venue%)[ - CD$if2(%disc%,%discnumber%)]])
or simply:
$puts(album,[$if2(%album%,%venue%)[ - CD%discnumber%]])
if you don't want to detect disc at all.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #340
Hi

When i try to import album mode navigator suite fsc file, last available beta for 0.9 1.4.0b3, i see single mode 

I tried with new RC foobar too, same problem.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #341

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=369599"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No it isn't the case in 0.8.3... isn't hard to fix though Demonanya, just look in globals about 3 quarters of the way down in the detection core section and replace this line:
$puts(album,[$if2(%album%,%venue%)[ - CD%disc%]])
with this one:
$puts(album,[$if2(%album%,%venue%)[ - CD$if2(%disc%,%discnumber%)]])
or simply:
$puts(album,[$if2(%album%,%venue%)[ - CD%discnumber%]])
if you don't want to detect disc at all.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=369613"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Fantastic, that works a treat  I can now go back through my music and remove the Disc no's from the comments field.

Very many thanks

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #342
I have added *-s* to option 'Filter playlists' in collumns config (changed *single*;*-s-*;default;Default to *single*;*-s-*;default;Default;*-s* everywhere where needed), and now when i name playlist with -s all is displayed like -s-, single, def.. and so on, EXCEPT that the albums are separated by line. Why, is this bug or feature? I have searched for -s in many configs(globals, collumns) but havent found anything.

UPDATE: using 0.8.3 ver

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #343
Why, is this bug or feature?

Since you changed the code, its your bug.

I have searched for -s in many configs(globals, collumns) but havent found anything.

Of course not, you were the one who added "-s" not me - so why should "-s" be in the globals?

Navigator relies in multiple places on playlistname-patternmatching, columns as well as globals. If you want to change the behaviour, then you need to change the coresponding code in both, globals AND columns - however, you're on your own....... i do not provide dev-support for "mods".

On a different topic, i'll release 1.4.0 final during the next 2 weeks - but not much will change compared to current beta, except of inline-tagediting support for *some* (not all) columns.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #344
That was just strange coz there is no -s- string in globals, the same -s, but they work different way, so i thought it was a feature. Anyway, its actually useful so no need to play with it

And one more thing: what do You think about making tag-matrix displaying in different way(color?) if for example one specific track of the *album* has other tag then others (like year or different comment)? But this may be diffficlut in implementation or not wanted by many, only idea i got how to incorporate this, is to generate colors from tags (change letters to numers) and the difference will be visible. But the problem will be not to make it too flashy, and still make the diffs visible. This would make proper tagging much easier. 

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #345
That was just strange coz there is no -s- string in globals

There is. Either you deleted it or you missed it when searching.

And one more think: what do You think about making tag-matrix displaying in different way(color?) if for example one specific track of the *album* has other tag then others (like year or different comment)?

Impossible because currently formatting-strings cannot look ahead or behind. When the design for a track is "drawn" then the code has no knowledge about the other tracks.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #346
I solved for me problem whith playback statistics in next  way.

Before I stop use 8.3, then change in datebase (not in files) last_layed on past_played (masstager is very good for this job).
Then load all datebase to one playlist and save it.

Start 9.0 and clear media library, then load previous playlist and close foobar.
Then start foobar and restore path of media library, close afoobar again. Now whe have new media library file.

In columns Total played I change code to
Code: [Select]
//%play_counter%'x'
//$get_global(standard_color_low)' total'
$if(%play_counter%,
$add(%play_counter%,%play_count%), %play_count%
)

In column Last played I change code to
Code: [Select]
$if(%last_played%,
$puts(last_played,%last_played%)
$puts(lastplayed_d-2000,$add(
$mul($substr($get(last_played),3,4),365),
$select($substr($get(last_played),6,7),0,31,59,90,120,151,181,212,243,273,304,334),
$substr($get(last_played),9,10)))
// calculate days since last play
$puts(days_since_last_play,$max(0,$sub($get_global(system_d-2000),$get(lastplayed_d-2000))))

// last played
$ifgreater($get(days_since_last_play),30,$left($get(last_played),10),
$ifgreater($get(days_since_last_play),1,$get(days_since_last_play)days ago,
$ifgreater($get(days_since_last_play),0,yesterday,
$get_global(special_color)' - today - '
)))
$char(9)$get_global(standard_color_low)$substr($get(last_played),12,16),

$if(%past_played%,
$puts(last_played,%past_played%)
$puts(lastplayed_d-2000,$add(
$mul($substr($get(last_played),3,4),365),
$select($substr($get(last_played),6,7),0,31,59,90,120,151,181,212,243,273,304,334),
$substr($get(last_played),9,10)))
// calculate days since last play
$puts(days_since_last_play,$max(0,$sub($get_global(system_d-2000),$get(lastplayed_d-2000))))

// last played
$ifgreater($get(days_since_last_play),30,$left($get(last_played),10),
$ifgreater($get(days_since_last_play),1,$get(days_since_last_play)days ago,
$ifgreater($get(days_since_last_play),0,yesterday,
$get_global(special_color)' - today - '
)))
$char(9)$get_global(standard_color_low)$substr($get(last_played),12,16),
)

)

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #347
Impossible because currently formatting-strings cannot look ahead or behind. When the design for a track is "drawn" then the code has no knowledge about the other tracks.

I know, but what about the colors "taken"/generated from tag values?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #348
I solved for me problem whith playback statistics in next  way.

Before I stop use 8.3, then change in datebase (not in files) last_layed on past_played (masstager is very good for this job).
Then load all datebase to one playlist and save it.

Start 9.0 and clear media library, then load previous playlist and close foobar.
Then start foobar and restore path of media library, close afoobar again. Now whe have new media library file.

In columns Total played I change code to

.... Lot of code ....

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374273"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've used this code, but it only gives me last played 'today'...
Can someone explain to me how comes???

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #349
If you played any song with foobar 9, then last_played was set to  date of playing (today).

If song not played yet with foobar 9  - it must have tag past_played  only and do not have last_played tag (you can see in properties) from previous version 8.3. That means - create past_played based on last_played and then delete  last_played tag. ( Only then save playlist  and inputs in foobar 9).

On my PC  that works very good.

I am sorry for my bad English.