Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Using Foobar2k at a party (Read 4683 times) previous topic - next topic

Using Foobar2k at a party

Hi there :-)
I love foobar and now I will throw a party and want to use fb2k as a "jukebox" - so I need kind of a "kiosk mode" where noone can access the harddisk except through the pre-configured playlist...
It does not HAVE to be fb2k, if you know another program that does this, it's o.k., too...
Thanks a lok,
Danskmand

Reply #1
I may have a program for you.

It has "Party mode: Turn your PC into a jukebox!"

http://www.mp3weasel.com
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #2
No kiosk mode.

I'd rather set up a user account with very limited privileges. Maybe with foobar2000 as shell...

Reply #3
No kiosk mode.

I'd rather set up a user account with very limited privileges. Maybe with foobar2000 as shell...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=291778"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've also been looking for a plugin like this.  I don't want people to be able to change what song is playing (or pause, skip, etc.), but they should be able to put in requests and such (probably via foo_enqueue).

Reply #4
You can try this:
http://foecking.de/partyplayer/
It's DirectShow based, so it can play any format that you have a codec for. Personally I have had success with both Vorbis and Musepack.
0.53 doesn't work for me, but there's no problems with 0.52.

You can use this batch script if you want to exclude certain directories from being searched (You have to replace E:\Musik with the path to your music):
Code: [Select]
@ ECHO OFF

SET MusicRoot=E:\Musik

CD /D %MusicRoot%
FOR /F "delims=? eol=?" %%G IN ('DIR /B /AD') DO (ECHO SEARCHDIR=%MusicRoot%\%%G>> list.txt)

Edit the generated list and paste it into partyplayer.conf. If it's not there, just run Partyplayer once, and it will be generated.

Now, where is that party UI for fb2k?