Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: fb2k 0.9 beta feature suggestions (Read 108119 times) previous topic - next topic

fb2k 0.9 beta feature suggestions

Reply #200
I can't find how to make a shortcut for "remove playlist", it can't be done in 0.8 version neither, but I want to use ctrl+w to close a playlist (just like Firefox does).

Also, I'd like that the size of "Actions" box in "preferences/general/keyboard shortcuts" be larger. I can make a mockup if you want, but there's clearly space below it to make more comfortable the browsing in that box.

Reply #201
I can't find how to make a shortcut for "remove playlist", it can't be done in 0.8 version neither, but I want to use ctrl+w to close a playlist (just like Firefox does).[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310201"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It sure can be done, it is even one of the default keyboard shortcuts (at least in 0.9). The command you are looking for is called "[main] Playlist/Remove active playlist".

Reply #202
how about being able to make certian tags database only tags. and being able to share the database over the network.

Reply #203
I can't find how to make a shortcut for "remove playlist", it can't be done in 0.8 version neither, but I want to use ctrl+w to close a playlist (just like Firefox does).[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310201"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It sure can be done, it is even one of the default keyboard shortcuts (at least in 0.9). The command you are looking for is called "[main] Playlist/Remove active playlist".
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310252"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

you're right! it can be done

now, if you can enlarge the Actions box...

Reply #204
I've just got one request, and it should be VERY easy to implement. 

EXPLORER VIEW.  Show me an explorer tree in Foobar with an additional window to show the contents of the folder to which I've navigated.  This is exactly what's available in foo_tunes, but foo_tunes is buggy.  Also, my favorite player of all, 1by1, does this, but 1by1 doesn't support gapless :-(

-Nick

Reply #205
I believe thats already available as a panel in ColumnUI.

Reply #206
I've just got one request, and it should be VERY easy to implement. 

EXPLORER VIEW.  Show me an explorer tree in Foobar with an additional window to show the contents of the folder to which I've navigated.  This is exactly what's available in foo_tunes, but foo_tunes is buggy.  Also, my favorite player of all, 1by1, does this, but 1by1 doesn't support gapless :-(

-Nick
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I believe thats already available as a panel in ColumnUI.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310396"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's foo_uie_explorer you can find it in[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=34207] this topic[/url].

Reply #207
1)May I resurrect the "Start playing on startup" option?
reason:
Coz, I would like foobar to play the song automatically when it startup,
but, i don't want it start from the  middle of a music or song.

2)Could foobar v0.9 add a "unicode tag" variable ,so that user can add a "Unicode Tag(Y/N)" column in ColumUI
reason:
Some people need to see  if the tag of ID3v2 in their mp3 files is Unicode or Not.

Reply #208
a) I can't seem to find the "Status bar font" option in 0.9b5. If its been removed, I think it should be put back, as the default Microsoft san serif font is not nice to look at.

b) Also what would be useful is a script function to show the sample rate in kHz rather than Hz (eg 44.1 instead of 44100). $div isnt helpful because its an integer not float divide.

Reply #209
a) I can't seem to find the "Status bar font" option in 0.9b5. If its been removed, I think it should be put back, as the default Microsoft san serif font is not nice to look at.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310946"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try rightclicking the statusbar
fb2k 0.9 beta 13.

Reply #210
What about Podcasting ??? 

Just as salmonmoose say here --> http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=30759

I've seen one user who wanted link his podcast downloads into foobar automatically, but surely, it would be possibly to implement a plugin as part of foobar that would do this? Scan the RSS feeds, download the track, and place it in a directory, and set up playlists. I'm unfortunately really poor at code, and would make a mess of anything i put my hand to.

or hazza here --> http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....2028&hl=podcast

Whilst a podcast plugin would be fantastic an easier solution would be if foobar handled rss/xml files in the same way it does playlists such as m3u via http, ideally with some sort of refresh functionality.

Streaming would work as present and downloading could be handled via foo_openwith and wget.

Reply #211
I dunno if this counts or has been discussed before but SHN support would be awesome. As of now the only viable other option that's commonly used is SHNAmp with WinAMP; Foobar with SHN support would be so good. Eitherway I'm happy to see Foobar is being updated.

Reply #212
I dunno if this counts or has been discussed before but SHN support would be awesome. As of now the only viable other option that's commonly used is SHNAmp with WinAMP; Foobar with SHN support would be so good. Eitherway I'm happy to see Foobar is being updated.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=311290"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

foobar has had shn support for a long time already - I think the first version of foo_shn was released when fb2k 0.5 was out. (Not 100% sure)

A 0.9 version of that will appear sometime soon too.
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #213
Any chance that all the Tagz functions could be ported over to Tagscript too? There are a number of pretty glaring omissions like strstr and replace that make writing pure Tagscript formatting strings extremely difficult and/or impossible in a lot of cases.

I think Tagscript would see a lot more use if it fully implemented the function library that Tagz has.

Reply #214
How about the ability to remove dead entries from the database like Foobar 0.8.3. The Album List and other components that rely on the database are pretty useless when the database is full of dead entries.

I've looked under the new Media Library section, but can't find anything.

Edit: The "Scan All" button does what I wanted.
</signature>

Reply #215
A "Repeat this song x times" option would be nice. I often want to hear a particular song more than once but not have to get up and switch back to it or switch from repeat to default mode.

Reply #216
Add a commandline parameter that makes it possible to do several queued operations thats "inbuilt" in 0.9b allready anyways...

I.e.

foobar2000.exe /medialibraryscan /make_playlist_using_some_kind_of_autoplaylist_feature /removedups /removedead /playrandom

this would be awesome!!!  it would rescan for any changes in the medialibrary, it would startup a search according to settings done in the new autoplaylist feature, then remove any duplicates and/or dead entries and start playing randomly the newly generated error-free playlist based upon your favourite medialibrary-search (ie. I tag all my MOST favourite tunes with "-= h3ctic =-" in the comment field)

Reply #217
I agree with Unicoder: bring back "start playing on startup"! Music as soon as I double-click FB2K is a good thing, but I prefer not to start in the middle of the song. Either that, or resurrect the "/play" command-line parameter, which IIRC worked in 0.8.3.

Also, are directory context menus planned for future betas? They were rather handy.

I don't have the title string formatting info in my download, but it would be neat to be able to incorporate the current queue position of a track in the playlist display, if it's not already possible. That, and have some kind of "queue manager" window where you can prune tracks from your playback queue.

If possible, I think some kind of timer control over the tray tooltip notification dialogs would be useful. Sometimes I see them persist for a while until they're closed. Then again, this is something that annoys me about WinXP in general, too .

Finally: "Random" should perhaps be more of a shuffle of the entire playlist? Currently it seems to repeat songs more often than expected. Either that or add a "Shuffle (all)" order.

Anyway, 0.9 is looking great overall . Congrats and thanks to PP and all the other developers!

Reply #218
I agree with Unicoder: bring back "start playing on startup"! Music as soon as I double-click FB2K is a good thing, but I prefer not to start in the middle of the song. Either that, or resurrect the "/play" command-line parameter, which IIRC worked in 0.8.3.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=312764"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Use
Code: [Select]
foobar2000.exe /command:"Playback/Play"

I don't have the title string formatting info in my download, but it would be neat to be able to incorporate the current queue position of a track in the playlist display, if it's not already possible. That, and have some kind of "queue manager" window where you can prune tracks from your playback queue.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=312764"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Already requested.

If possible, I think some kind of timer control over the tray tooltip notification dialogs would be useful. Sometimes I see them persist for a while until they're closed. Then again, this is something that annoys me about WinXP in general, too .[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=312764"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not sure what you mean there.

Finally: "Random" should perhaps be more of a shuffle of the entire playlist? Currently it seems to repeat songs more often than expected. Either that or add a "Shuffle (all)" order.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=312764"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

See the already existing "Shuffle (track)". "Random" is truly (pseudo-)random like throwing dice, so repeated songs are to be expected.

Reply #219
Thanks -- I fell like an idiot for missing "Shuffle (track)". Perhaps it should be renamed to clarify its purpose? Otherwise...

It still doesn't seem to work; the current track is selected when I add that command line parameter, but on a fresh startup it's still "stopped". Might wait a few betas to see how it goes; this with a standard install plus Autoplaylist activated, WinXP Pro.

Not sure what you mean there.

I meant The "Show balloon tooltip on song change" option in "Display -> Default User Interface". It displays on pause/unpause too, which is a little unnecessary.

Reply #220
Would it be possible to add a Tag Reading option like what we have for tag writing ?
I think it would be usefull if we were able to set a tag format reading preference.
By example, if we want to always read the Id3v2 tag first, there is no way to do it with the current beta.
A Dwarf has its own way to fight !

Reply #221
Use

Is there a FULL list over all available command line parametres available somewhere ?

...I found the foobar2000.exe /help to be a bit hard to understand 

Reply #222
Will be in new betas support for non-unicode IDv2 tags?

Reply #223
Use

Is there a FULL list over all available command line parametres available somewhere ?

...I found the foobar2000.exe /? to be a bit hard to understand 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=313084"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

foobar2000.exe /help

Reply #224
changed post above from

foobar2000.exe /?

to

foobar2000.exe /help

I'm still looking for a FULL list somewhere since I found the /help command a bit confusing, i.e. "/command:<menu command> ...well...what menu commands are available ? I'm probably being a dork here but /playlist_command:<context menu command> what does that mean really ? Would be soo nice to have this explained in detail somewhere in a help file or a bit more elaborate commandline help ...

(maybe its just a language barrier since english is not my first language)