Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.9 beta bug reports (Read 86784 times) previous topic - next topic

0.9 beta bug reports

I think there is a bug with french accents ("é"  is displayed as "?" and maybe other  letters too...) when foobar reads mp3 files with only id3v1 tags.
mp3s with id3v2 or id3v1+v2 seems fine.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #1
Do bug reports go in this thread, then?

I'll start anyway - adding a samba share on my linux server via the 'add directory' menu item gives me an error:

"Unable to read info from file:

"\\seanyserver\music\" (0) - Generic Error"

.. but adding all the subdirectories under this share individually works fine.  Odd. This share works fine on 0.8.3 and all previous versions and there's nothing odd about my samba logs here:

[2005/05/22 14:30:30, 1] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(648)
  seanydesktop (192.168.0.4) connect to service music initially as user seanyseansean (uid=500, gid=500) (pid 4181)
[2005/05/22 14:30:36, 1] smbd/service.c:close_cnum(836)

???

Looks nice and clean though. Thank you to all the developers

EDIT: I've just written absolute rubbish, it's the other way round. The problem only occurs when adding the main share 'music' to the media library and selecting 'scan all'. The 'add directory...' menu option works like a charm. I'm an idiot.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #2
If you enable "minimize to notification area" and "always show notification area icon" foobar won't save this position. It will always start as a small window not minimized.
If I disable the "minimize to notification area", it saves the position and status of the window.

I have foobar2000 0.9b3 installed as a single user to prevent overwriting my foobar2000 0.8.3 config. Just in case this matters.

Also the "remember window positions" check can't be disabled. (It will always be reenabled if I close or press "save all")

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #3
One small bug; I think the remapping for %tracknumber% is missing. It's not what the wiki tells me it should be at least..

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #4
Deal with it.  Most high end audio systems work on the decibel system.  So does foobar2000, has done since it's inception, and will continue to do so.

Edit 1: On the distortion issue.  I get no distortion at 16-bit/24-bit using an Audigy 2 Platinum Pro on Windows XP MCE 2005.

Edit 2: Playback does stop periodically though, in the middle of a song.  foobar2000 says it's still playing, but the playback slider is not moving, and no sound comes out of the speaker.  The console shows no error messages.  This problem is reminiscent of those I got when using output modes other then DirectSound, so out of curiosity, what output method does this beta use?

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #5
Preferences -> Display -> Title formatting

[Font ...] [Apply] [Help]

The Help button on the right doesn't seem to have any effect. Can this be confirmed?

I can reproduce this every time with a full instalation of the full version, Windows XP, Korean version. Browser set to MSIE.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #6

The Help button on the right doesn't seem to have any effect. Can this be confirmed?

I can reproduce this every time with a full instalation of the full version, Windows XP, Korean version. Browser set to MSIE.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299631"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Confirmed on full installation using Windows XP MCE 2005, browser set to Firefox.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #7
so far, so good, except.....

it doesn't allow tagging of wav files. i get an error message that says the file is either unsupported or corrupt. well foobar will certianly play the files and i highly doubt they're corrupt. i ripped them with EAC configured to my cd drive and never had this problem before and i'm not hearing any artifacts or anything.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #8
@matth6546:

I noticed that you couldn't "tag":

silence://10

.. these entries in the playlist. I couldn't find a way to block tag updates either.

---

My guess is that it's all intentional now.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #9
I think there is a bug with french accents ("é"  is displayed as "?" and maybe other  letters too...) when foobar reads mp3 files with only id3v1 tags.
mp3s with id3v2 or id3v1+v2 seems fine.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299556"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
ID3v1 is read as ASCII only. Previously, it would just use the system codepage, which wasn't all that reliable either. ID3v1 does not indicate which encoding was used to store the tags.

One small bug; I think the remapping for %tracknumber% is missing. It's not what the wiki tells me it should be at least..[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299624"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'll look into it and update the wiki accordingly.

The Help button on the right doesn't seem to have any effect. Can this be confirmed?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299631"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
This button tries to open titleformat_help.html in the installation directory. However, there is no up-to-date version of this file included. The button might be changed to redirect to the wiki as well.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #10
On my display, the button series is: Stop - Pause - Play - Previous - Next and Random. No "Open" button?

Gringo

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #11
Anyone else experiencing only noise playback when using beta 3 (I haven't tried any of the other betas before, if there were any public ones)? Here's what I did: Uninstalled 0.8.3 CSE, deleted remaining files in folder, installed 0.9 beta 3 (full, normal settings) into the same folder, started & dropped some MP3 files to it -> only loud noise with very silent musik in the background. I also tried to delete the foobar settings folder completely and restarted, no change. Then I reinstalled 0.8.3 CSE into a different folder -> works flawlessly. I'm using WinXP Pro SP2 with nForce 2 on-board sound.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #12
Anyone else experiencing only noise playback when using beta 3 (I haven't tried any of the other betas before, if there were any public ones)? Here's what I did: Uninstalled 0.8.3 CSE, deleted remaining files in folder, installed 0.9 beta 3 (full, normal settings) into the same folder, started & dropped some MP3 files to it -> only loud noise with very silent musik in the background. I also tried to delete the foobar settings folder completely and restarted, no change. Then I reinstalled 0.8.3 CSE into a different folder -> works flawlessly. I'm using WinXP Pro SP2 with nForce 2 on-board sound.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299683"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep I have the same prob on the same sound chip n OS. (see earlier in thread)

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #13

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299684"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same Problem here with nForce2 Onboard Audio, changing to 24bit does the trick.

edit: Is Peter still around at the forum? 

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #14
edit: Is Peter still around at the forum? 

Yes, he posts often.

Edit: removed link to member profile, as I'm not sure it is my place to note the link.
I'm on a horse.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #15

I have the same problem here and your workaround seems to do the trick.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #16
I couldn't find a way to block tag updates either.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299649"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Under "Tag writing" preferences you can check "Don't update files, only change cached info", I guess that's what you need.

On my display, the button series is: Stop - Pause - Play - Previous - Next and Random. No "Open" button?

Gringo
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299676"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have an open button. And it seems integral part of the buttons toolbar, I'm not sure if a button from it could be removed.

Anyone else experiencing only noise playback when using beta 3?(...)I'm using WinXP Pro SP2 with nForce 2 on-board sound.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299688"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have Windows SP2, nForce2 onboard audio as well (Realtek chipset, if that matters), and using 16 bit output works just fine.

One thing I noticed: context menu -> tagging -> tag types only works properly, if I had already used it on one file, or tagged the file with current version of foobar, or with files newly added to playlist. Otherwise, it shows 3 empty checkboxes. (Media library disabled, I use a playlist from 0.8.3).
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #17
One small bug; I think the remapping for %tracknumber% is missing. It's not what the wiki tells me it should be at least..[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299624"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'll look into it and update the wiki accordingly.

The wiki says "Defined as $num($meta(tracknumber),2)".

However, if the tag format is "n/m" (e.g.: "2/15") that value is returned when using %tracknumber%.

$num(%tracknumber%,2) returns "nn" (e.g.: "02") as expected.

$tracknumber() and $tracknumber(x) also return "n/m" where stored - although the definition states "Returns the tracknumber padded to n digits with zeros.".

This is exactly the same in 0.8.3 though...
I'm on a horse.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #18

Gringo
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299676"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have an open button. And it seems integral part of the buttons toolbar, I'm not sure if a button from it could be removed.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299698"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It should be next to random (on the right).

Perhaps something else is *over* it?

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #19
there's something wrong with the standard-output (wave-out). 32 and 24 bit doesn't work anymore with 0.9. slider doesn't move and there's no sound (but also no errors in the console!?). 16bit works. with 0.8.3 32 bit output worked fine here!

soundcard: rme hdsp9632 on winxp sp2

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #20
It should be next to random (on the right).

Perhaps something else is *over* it?

YES!, I found it *under* the Order box, there is a directional tab that allows to enlarge the box.
It works fine, I lack my usual 0.8.3 plugins.
Gringo

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #21
mp3s with id3v2 or id3v1+v2 seems fine.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299556"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
ID3v1 is read as ASCII only. Previously, it would just use the system codepage, which wasn't all that reliable either. ID3v1 does not indicate which encoding was used to store the tags.

OK I understand but IIRC ASCII format doesn't support french accents.  If it stays as it is now my mp3 collection is displayed incorrectly in fb2k 0.9 and I don't want to tag all my files again.
Fb2k 0.8, WMP 10, Winamp all uses system codepage for id3v1 and everything work fine, and has always worked fine for me.

Could you add an option in order to use the system codepage for id3v1? So only people who need it and who know what there are doing can change back id3v1 reading to system codepage. It's a big problem for me and this would be very appreciated!

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #22

Not first time nforce drivers break with channel map flags used. Report the problem to them. Reducing DirectSound acceleration level in dxdiag.exe may help.
I will probably add special hackfix for this in next beta, but expect the problem to resurface when using multichannel-related features (such as "move stereo to rear channels" DSP).
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #23
maybe this has been discussed before, or maybe it can be fixed somewhere in the settings i dont know, but 5.1 sound isnt working for me with this new beta anymore, only the front 2 speakers work. works just fine with the old build

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #24
bugs (Playback - Audio CD): seeking
"Not here"
Last track time...
On what disc ?

I have just gone to test secure ripping and experienced an issue with the final track.

v0.9b3 is listing the final track as 0:57.  v0.8.3 correctly lists it as 3:29.  This happens regardless of the offset, or whether Secure ripping is checked.  The 57 seconds are the first 57 seconds of the track.

The disc is a test disc I created with only three tracks.

Seeking does also appear to be an issue (on any track) with Secure ripping on.  Obviously, if you implement different settings for playback and ripping, this shouldn't be an issue.

The drive is a Samsung SD-616E DVD-ROM.

Thanks for the new version BTW.  Much appreciated.

Edit: the test disc was created using burnatonce, and I'm 99% sure it is single session.

I have just tested with "Pink Floyd, Pulse (disc 1)".  v0.8.3 lists track 11 as 7:07 (as does EAC).  v0.9b3 lists it as 4:35.

That's 152 missing seconds on both discs.

I am at work at the moment and have no other discs to test.  Tonight I will try my drives at home with as many discs as is required.
I'm on a horse.