Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: libvorbis1.1.1 released! (Read 12703 times) previous topic - next topic

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #1
CHANGES:

libvorbis 1.1.1 (2005-06-27) -- "Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20050304"

* bug fix to the bitrate management encoder interface
* bug fix to properly set packetno field in the encoder
* new draft RTP encapsulation spec
* library API documentation improvements

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #2
Any idea which version of Aoyumi's tuning is incoporated in this release?

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #3
I guess still beta2...
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #4
I suspect, though I haven't looked at it in any detail, that this release is probably the same as my 'Post 1.1.0 SVN' compiles. The only real change from 1.1.0 is the modified libs that allow the CBR mode to function correctly, and this was already in the Post 1.1.0 SVN. I will update the compiles over the next day or so, but I doubt there is anything new beyond what's been mentioned.

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #5
i have this in logs:

Checked out revision 429586.
U    libvorbis-svn/configure.in
U    libvorbis-svn/doc/index.html
U    libvorbis-svn/lib/info.c
U    libvorbis-svn/lib/block.c
U    libvorbis-svn/CHANGES
U    libvorbis-svn/autogen.sh

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #6
I suspect, though I haven't looked at it in any detail, that this release is probably the same as my 'Post 1.1.0 SVN' compiles. The only real change from 1.1.0 is the modified libs that allow the CBR mode to function correctly, and this was already in the Post 1.1.0 SVN. I will update the compiles over the next day or so, but I doubt there is anything new beyond what's been mentioned.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309483"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Does that mean that I can finally limit the bitrate to a range between let's say 96 kbps and 256 kbps?

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #7

Most of AoTuV compiles need to merged in with the official branch,  depending on what xiph thinks before they make it into the final release.  Any extra tunings done here do benefit the official encoder in some way or another.

Does that mean that I can finally limit the bitrate to a range between let's say 96 kbps and 256 kbps?

Yes, Monty himself corrected the code in the last 1.1 compile for CBR managment (seeing it was buggy prior to that)  .  The encoder control interface mostly just deals with API setup, etc similiar to what is used with oggenc.  Now all they need to work on is getting that multchannel input up to snuff. .
budding I.T professional

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #8
Oficially announced at:
http://www.vorbis.com/
http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/vorbis-dev...une/018105.html

I'm pleased to announce the release of libvorbis and vorbis-tools 1.1.1.

These releases include some bug and documentation fixes, but no new
encoder modes. However, oggenc from this release now properly supports
the new CBR engine introduced in libvorbis 1.1.0 but the 1.1.1 release
of both libraries is required for things to work properly. Not that
there was never a 1.1.0 release of vorbis-tools because of this issue.

The ogginfo tool also now recognizes and reports information from Ogg
Theora files.

Thanks to everyone who contributed!

-r

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #9
even it's anounced at vorbis.com they still cant manage to update the files.
vorbis tools are still at 1.0.1, makes a bad impression. ah well, it was like that for quite a long time now.
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #10
vorbis tools are still at 1.0.1, makes a bad impression. ah well, it was like that for quite a long time now.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309802"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

They are too blind to look beyond their ivory tower. They have always known it only takes a quick e-mail to john33 to obtain reliable Win32 compiles of everything they offer. Still they can't be arsed to take that minimal effort.

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #11
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309483"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

john33, can you plz make a compile of the new ogginfo too? thx!
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #12

They need one person in charge to take care of the website. I was looking through the CVS and I think they are working on plan for a new website.  It does leave a bad impression though, since people are going to be looking for binaries.
budding I.T professional

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #13
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309555"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, if the code didn't change from Post 1.1.0 SVN, this still won't work:

[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=32932&hl=vorbis++svn]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....&hl=vorbis++svn[/url]

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #14
A full set of 1.1.1 compiles is now at Rarewares.

oggdropXPd has been updated to 1.8.5. This includes a couple of bugfixes and a slight change of behaviour when selecting to use FLAC Gain tags for scaling.

The bugfixes:
  • When a new ini file was created from scratch, the standard Quality mode was not selected by default - fixed.
  • Checking the box to use FLAC Track Gain tags for scaling did not result in this working - fixed. Using the Album tags worked correctly already.
Checking a box to use either the FLAC Track Gain, or Album Gain tags now also checks the box in the Tagging setup to Copy the FLAC Comments/Tags.

I will produce a similar update for the aoTuVb4 oggdropXPd versions either later tonight, or in the morning.

@bond: I'll give it a go!!

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #15
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309875"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just added it near the bottom of the 'oggvorbis' page.  I think it's OK, but can you please check it out for me?

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #16
They need one person in charge to take care of the website.

No, they simply need a Content Management System (like PHPNuke, for example).

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #17
PHP-Nuke is horrible.

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #18
PHP-Nuke is horrible.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309920"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Come on, he just gave an example. It could be Xoops, Mambo, etc.

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #19
The oggdropXPd compiles of aoTuVb4 have now been updated with the same changes to v1.8.2c and are now at Rarewares.

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #20
The oggdropXPd compiles of aoTuVb4 have now been updated with the same changes to v1.8.2c and are now at Rarewares.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309995"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Shouldn't you also post this in that other thread, john?
But I'm not complaining...

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #21
They need one person in charge to take care of the website.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309884"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

They have allocated one person for the website already and the new design looked good last time I saw it. It's just taking forever to get it published.

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #22
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309875"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just added it near the bottom of the 'oggvorbis' page.  I think it's OK, but can you please check it out for me?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309910"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
hm it crashes on ogg theora files!
why did you label it as 1.1.0? 1.1.1 should support theora already

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #23
hm it crashes on ogg theora files!
why did you label it as 1.1.0? 1.1.1 should support theora already
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310309"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's labelled as 1.1.0 because that's how it's labelled in the code.

I've recompiled against the latest SVN of both ogginfo and theora, and it's on Rarewares now.

libvorbis1.1.1 released!

Reply #24
I've recompiled against the latest SVN of both ogginfo and theora, and it's on Rarewares now.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310357"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

still crashes the same way