Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New tool: React - [Run EAC Tasks] (Read 285852 times) previous topic - next topic

New tool: React - [Run EAC Tasks]

REACT is a plugin tool for EAC, and is perfect for copying of CDs as images and multiple additional compressed formats. It is similar to MAREO, Flacattack, Wack, and aftermath, but it has some unique features as well:
  • Works seamlessly for ripping both to Cuesheet/Image and to individual tracks. It can further compress to any number of audio formats you like.
  • Integrates perfectly with Nyaochi's excellent ACDIR, which splits and compresses a CD image into tracks from either an external or an APE2 tag embedded cuesheet. Make sure you have the latest version.
  • The plugin may auto configure EAC to use it. No hassle.
  • Renames and changes the FILE reference tag inside the cuesheet, according to the selected extension of cuesheet and image (configurable). When compressing to an mp3 image, it correctly sets the file type: FILE "name.mp3" MP3.
  • A set of example configuration files (tracks/image) are included in the Config folder file, which serves as documentation of how to write your own, or modify them.
  • Adds convenient hotkeys in EAC. F10 will invoke the "Action | Copy Image & Create CUE Sheet | Compressed...", and will auto fill the filename in the Save dialog box with a user configurable one, using variables (instead of just "CDImage").
  • When EAC is active, there are also hotkeys for Help (Alt-F1), Open .ini file (Alt-F2), Browse Config folder (Alt-F3), Configure EAC (Ctrl-F2).
  • Allows to use the EAC multiple threads feature - useful for dual/multicore CPU PCs.
  • The encoding configurations are transformed to .bat files. You may therefore use any cmd.exe commands and environment variables, like %TEMP% in you configs, in addition to all the internal variables - @artist@, @album@, etc. Type help, and help <cmd> inside the cmd.exe box.
  • The compression windows show the full command line that launced the different encoders, and you may scroll in it when there are multiple encodings or commands.
  • The process priority of the compression tasks is user configurable.
  • The compression window may be hidden, normal, or opened minimized
Installation
Run the installation file. The most common tools and encoders are included. To uninstall, simply delete the REACT folder and the shortcut from the desktop.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=36261

WIKI HELP: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=REACT

Interaction Enhancements
  • Hot keys (some user definable):
    • F10   - Save cuesheet and compressed Image. The Save dialog is automatically filled with a user definable name (see 'ImageNaming' in .ini-file). Substitution variables: $album$, $artist$, $year$, $genre$, $freedb$.

• F4   - Save compressed Selected Tracks (as Shift-F5)

• F1   - Launch EAC WIKI online help.
    • Alt-F1   - Launch REACT WIKI online help.

• Alt-F2   - Edit/View .INI-file in Notepad.

• Alt-F3   - Browse REACT Config folder.

• Ctrl-F2   - Auto configure EAC to use REACT.
Audio Encoding
  • Copy REACT.exe to the EAC directory, and create a shortcut on the desktop.
  • Run REACT - EAC will start. You are prompted to auto configure EAC for use with REACT.
  • Hit F11 in EAC and select the External Encoder tab to review the settings made.
  • The 'Config' key in the INI-file (default FLAC) specifies compression configuration. E.g. when Config=FLAC, the files <REACT-dir>\Config\FLAC-tracks.txt and <REACT-dir>\Config\FLAC-image.txt are active when hitting F4 and F10. You can create your own configuration files in the Config folder.
  • In Image-mode, the EAC generated cuesheet is modified according to the '!ImageExt' and '!CuesheetExt' keys in the config text file.
  • Setting '!WaveGainAnalysis=1' in a config file will first run WaveGain.exe -c -x on the source and pick up the output scale. It is then available in the @scale@ variable. Useful in image mode (e.g. with ACDIR), as you then get "album gain".
  • Substitution variables available for encoding commands:
          @reactdir@, @encdir@, @mydocumentsdir@, @removabledrive1@ .. @removabledriveN@
          @source@, @sourcecuesheet@, @cuesheet@, @eaclog@, @image@, @basename@,
          @dest1@ .. @dest20@, @outdir1@ .. @outdir20@, @gain@, @peak@, @scale@,
          @cdartist@, @artist@, @album@, @title@, @track@, @year@, @genre@, @comment@,
          @numtracks@,  @freedbid@, @crc@, @bitrate@, @islast@, @curdate@, @trackscuesheet@
          $cdartist$, $artist$, $album$, $title$, $track$, $year$, $genre$, $comment$
          ($xxx$ variables replaces all illegal filename characters)
  •     "ProcessPriority" can be 0 (idle) to 5 (realtime). Default 1 (low)
  •     "Delete WAV after compression" does not work. Use del "@source@" instead (see .ini-file).
Changelog
1.0 Release Added NeroAacEnc.exe and three Configs with tagging! Bugfixes, and a small old feature is back.
0.999 Opt. auto save tracks cuesheets when hitting F4. Auto close save wavform dialog when hitting F10. Added FLAC_MP3 config files.
0.998 Made Configs into separate text file. ++. Check Readme.txt and Config folder.
0.997 Many updates. See Readme.txt file.
0.996 Minor bugfixes and updates in configs (profiles). Tried to fix that ImageName scheme didn't always work when hitting F10.
0.995 Fixed some bugs in configs. Added [PORTABLE] config (again).
0.994 Much refined configs + added [WV_MP3]. Added @islast@ (track on CD), @preemp@ (flag). @track@ has no leading zero. Added $track$ with leading zero. If checking @preemp@ and deemphasising the CD with sox, you can set RemoveCuePreemp=1 in config to remove 'FLAGS PRE's from cuesheet.
0.993 Misc additions.
0.992 Added @cdartist@. Defining 'Various-dest1=..', sets @dest1@ to this when 'Various artists' CD is ripped. A lot of other small fixes and improvements.
0.990 complete rework of INI-sections. Auto-closes EAC audio extract dialog. Embeds log file in audio images.
0.983 adds @numtracks@, @freedbid@, @crc@, and @curdate@. Adds itumes configuration for creating AAC files.
0.982 adds @bitrate@ param (from EAC) and adds a fhgacm configuration to use ACMENC. Some further tweaking too.
0.981 improves encoding configs, and fixes a few bugs.
0.980 adds @gain@ and @peak@ params for "WaveGainAnalysis=1" in config section. Added wavpack config section. Added REPLAYGAIN comments in cuesheet.
0.972 adds .ini key for specifying path to WaveGain.exe
0.970 :
  • Added: WaveGain support and @scale@ parameter.
  • Reworked: All the config sections are overhauled and made more useful for casual users.
  • Fixed: (major bug) REACT closed when EAC was minimized.
  • Fixed: Failed when Genre or Year was empty or Comment had illegal chars.
  • Fixed: Encoding to @image@ as target failed on foreign characters. Now uses temporary first (as @dest1@ ...).
  • Fixed: Using Alt-F2 and editing settings will imediately take effect when closing notepad (without restarting REACT).
0.96.0 :
  • Should now work with foreign characters too.
  • New configuration style. The old ini file is moved away to .old
  • Added @dest1@ .. @dest20@. These and @source@ are now temporary files when encoding, but are moved to the true destination after. All directories in these vars are created, so you won't need @outdirN@ much anylonger but is still useful e.g. for ACDIR.
  • Added @image@, which is the name of the compressed destination cd image file. Refered from @cuesheet@.
  • Added @sourcecuesheet@ which referes to @source@ in Image-mode. Useful for ACDIR.
  • Added @removabledrive1@ etc. A new config section [Tracks-portable] uses this.
  • Made illegal characters convertion configurable.
  • Log file destination can be set. Empty = no log.
0.95.5 : Didn't handle empty fields. Make sure @year@ is surrounded by " " when used as tag in configs.
0.95.4 : Updated vars for F10 func. Added $track$, $year$ for completeness.
0.95.2 : Added vars with legal filename: $artist$, $album$, $title$, $genre$, $comment$
0.95.1 : Initial release

Reply #1
Please, read the first post again - essential information added.

Reply #2
Please, read the first post again - essential information added.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309720"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sounds wild!
For eac i'd like one command to get cddb, detect gaps, select all and rip - all in one

Congrats on new tool anyway'
no conscience > no custom

Reply #3
Thanks,
You can already make EAC automatically access cddb on unknown CDs, but thats maybe not what you want?
Combining functions to "macros" could be possible in a future release ....

Reply #4
I haven't had chance to test REACT yet - but I'll ask my standard question for such apps:

When using @album@ etc. in a path/filename are illegal characters removed?

This app sounds very interesting.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #5
Nope - it should, but you don't want that when used in tags. I could make two sets of variables, e.g. $album$, $artist$, etc. could have legal filename letters only.

Could you provide me with a list of illlegal filename letters, and maybe a convertion table. There is one in the CDex app, but is it complete?
I still have some problems with letters like é and such in dos boxes, but it could be my regional settings.

PS. REACT looks better than React - maybe I will change it.

Reply #6
IMHO filename friendly variables are a necessity really.

I used REACT simply as I see it is an acronym.

I don't know if this is a complete list, but these are the characters that Windows complains about when you try to rename a file illegally:

/ \ | : * ? " < >

The easiest way is to replace the characters with nothing, or a space (as EAC does for the log file, etc.)

In another thread Vietwoojagig suggests:

"/" -> "-"
"\" -> "-"
":" -> " -" (there is a space!)
"*" -> "#"
"?" -> "" (null string)
""" -> "''" (two single ')
"<" -> "["
">" -> "]"
"|" -> "-"

When processing tracks EAC uses the following, according to the FlacAttack source:

* = x
| = !
/ = ,
\ = cuts off everything after
: = -
? = " "
< = [
> = ]
I'm on a horse.

Reply #7
I uploaded a new version 0.95.2. I used this file name char convertion:
/ => -
\ => -
: => -
? => @
| => !
" => '
* => #
< => [
> => ]

Add: Oh, and move away the old .ini file - this one creates a new which uses the new $artist$ ... variables.

Reply #8
Thanks.

NB: ImageNaming param needs updating to use $ (I assume).  Also text above

1. Hit F10 (user definable) to save cuesheet and image compressed. The Save dialog is automatically
    filled with a user definable name (see 'ImageNaming' in .ini-file). Substitution variables:
       @album@, @artist@, @year@, @genre@, @freedb@.

I may be wrong.

This is definately an intriguing app... quite an alternative way to go about things.  Good use of Wapet for the image processing.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #9
Done. I'll PM you later.

Reply #10
This looks pretty cool. I'll have to try it out later.

Reply #11
One other thing... when directories are named for instance "Ziggy Stardust and the ... " (EAC automatically adds the "..." if the name is too long), windows silently knocks off any trailing periods from a path.

So if your program then tries to access "c:\Ziggy...\blah" it will not find anything! As a fix, i'd knock off trailing periods from album and artist fields (track titles are okay... windows allows trailing periods on filenames).

Reply #12
How did you make REACT, and what program did you use to make it?

I'm just curious

Reply #13
How did you make REACT, and what program did you use to make it?

I'm just curious
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://www.autoitscript.com]http://www.autoitscript.com[/url]

It's only ~ 450 lines of code.

On a different matter, there are some problems with foreign filename letters in the current implementation. I think we must always encode to and from temporary named files (like EAC does by default) in order to get it working properly. I'm looking into it.

Reply #14
Major update: REACT 0.96.0

Works great for me now.

@Synthetic Soul: The problems with foreign characters is completely gone. Wapet.exe seems to works excellent with UNICODE characters, so I don't think there is any need to modify it.

Ps. I want to freeze a version (hopefully this) it as soon as possible. If anyone want to continue this project, you can contact me. Anyway, it now has all the features I need.

Reply #15
@tycho:  Could you possibly add an option/hotkey for Shift-F6 (Test and Copy Tracks Compressed)? Also, an option to specify the encoder directory. Thanks.

Whoops, never mind. Figured it out. Works nicely with Test and Copy, and you can specify the encoder path (enclosed in quotes) in the destination commandline.

PS Is there a way to do WavGain --analyze & use the recommended gain as input to lame --scale? Thanks.
WavPack 4.31 / LAME 3.98 alpha 3 -V9 -vbr-new

Reply #16
I cannot make the image thingy work here.... instead of mapping to the image section of the ini file it is mapping to the tracks section....

i am using the oggape section in the ini file below.

1. it creates the ape image but with the wrong name (it uses the temp file name)
2. acdir does not split the image and creates an image ogg file
3. the source file is not deleted after encoding

does anyone also have this problem and knows how to solve it?

thanks

Code: [Select]
[General]
EAC=C:\Appl\Exact Audio Copy\EAC.exe
LogFile=C:\Appl\Exact Audio Copy\REACT_log.txt
ImageHotkey={F10}
ImageNaming=$album$
KeyRemap1={F4}|+{F5}
KeyRemap2=|
KeyRemap3=|
ImageMenuString=&Action|Copy &Image && Create CUE Sheet|Compressed...
SaveWaveformString=Save Waveform
Sla_Bks_Col_Qst_Bar_Quo_Ast_Lt_Gt=-|-|-||!|'|#|[|]

[Encode]
MinimizeCompressionWindow=0
ProcessPriority=1

[Tracks-default]
Dest1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\MP3_ARCHIVE\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.mp3
Dest2=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\MP3_PORTABLE\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.mp3
1=>lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new "@source@" "@dest1@" --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" --tc "@comment@"
2=>lame.exe -V6 --vbr-new "@source@" "@dest2@" --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" --tc "@comment@"
3=>del "@source@"

[Image-default]
ImageExt=mp3
CuesheetExt=cue
OutDir1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\MP3_ARCHIVE\$artist$ - $album$
1=>REM create a lame -V2 mp3 image
2=>lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new "@source@" "@image@" --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" --tc "@comment@"
3=>REM create lame -V6 mp3 tracks from original .wav image
4=>acdir.exe --output "@outdir1@\$n - $t.mp3" --pipe "lame.exe -V6 --vbr-new --tt $#t --ta $#a --tl $#T --tn $#n $x - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
5=>del "@source@"

[Tracks-portable]
Dest1=@removabledrive1@\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.mp3
1=>REM create a lame -V6 mp3 tracks and send them directly to your mp3-player
2=>lame.exe -V6 --vbr-new "@source@" "@dest1@" --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" --tc "@comment@"
3=>del "@source@"

[Tracks-mp3ogg]
OutDir1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music
Dest1=@outdir1@\MP3_ARCHIVE\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.mp3
Dest2=@outdir1@\OGG_ARCHIVE\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.ogg
1=>lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new "@source@" "@dest1@" --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" --tc "@comment@"
2=>oggenc2.exe -q 5 "@source@" -o "@dest2@" -a "@artist@" -l "@album@" -t "@title@" -N "@track@" -d "@year@" -G "@genre@" -c "comment=@comment@"
3=>del "@source@"

[Image-mp3ogg]
ImageExt=ape
CuesheetExt=ape.cue
OutDir1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\MP3_PORTABLE\$artist$ - $album$
OutDir2=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\OGG_PORTABLE\$artist$ - $album$
1=>REM create an .ape image
2=>wapet.exe "@image@" -f "cuesheet=@cuesheet@" -t "artist=@artist@" -t "album=@album@" -t "year=@year@" -t "genre=@genre@" MAC.exe "@source@" "@image@" -c2000
3=>del "@source@"
4=>REM create lame and ogg track files directly from .ape image
5=>acdir.exe --output "@outdir1@\$n - $t.mp3" --pipe "lame.exe -V6 --vbr-new --tt $#t --ta $#a --tl $#T --tn $#n $x - $#o" "@cuesheet@"
6=>acdir.exe --output "@outdir2@\$n - $t.ogg" --pipe "oggenc2.exe -q 3 --title $#t --artist $#a --album $#T --tracknum $#n -o $#o $x -" "@cuesheet@"

[Tracks-flacmpc]
Dest1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\FLAC\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.flac
Dest2=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\MPC\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.mpc
1=>REM create flac and mpc track files
2=>flac.exe -5 -f --replay-gain "@source@" -o "@dest1@" -T artist="@artist@" -T album="@album@" -T title="@title@" -T tracknumber="@track@" -T date="@year@" -T genre="@genre@" -T comment="@comment@"
3=>mppenc.exe --quality 4 --artist "@artist@" --album "@album@" --title "@title@" --track "@track@" --year "@year@" --genre "@genre@" --comment "@comment@" "@source@" "@dest2@"
4=>del "@source@"

[Image-flacmpc]
ImageExt=flac
CuesheetExt=flac.cue
OutDir1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\MPC\$artist$ - $album$
1=>wapet.exe "@image@" -f "cuesheet=@cuesheet@" flac.exe -5 -f --replay-gain "@source@" -o "@image@" -T artist="@artist@" -T album="@album@" -T date="@year@" -T genre="@genre@"
2=>del "@source@"
3=>acdir.exe --output "@outdir1@\$n - $t.mpc" --pipe "mppenc.exe --quality 4 --title $#t --artist $#a --album $#T --track $#n $x - $#o" "@cuesheet@"

[Image-oggape]
ImageExt=ape
CuesheetExt=ape.cue
OutDir1=E:\Media\Audio\Full Albums (presets - EAC)\$artist$\$year$ - $album$
OutDir2=C:\Appl\Exact Audio Copy\AudioFiles\$artist$\$year$ - $album$
1=>REM create an .ape image
2=>wapet.exe "@image@" -f "cuesheet=@cuesheet@" -t "artist=@artist@" -t "album=@album@" -t "year=@year@" -t "genre=@genre@" MAC.exe "@source@" "@image@" -c2000
3=>del "@source@"
4=>REM create ogg track files directly from .ape image
5=>acdir.exe --output "@outdir2@\$n - $t.ogg" --pipe "oggenc2.exe -q 4.25 --title $#t --artist $#a --album $#T --tracknum $#n -o $#o $x -" "@cuesheet@"

[Tracks-oggape]
OutDir1=E:\Media\Audio\Full Albums (presets - EAC)
OutDir2=C:\Appl\Exact Audio Copy\AudioFiles
Dest1=@outdir2@\$artist$\$year$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.ogg
Dest2=@outdir2@\$artist$\$year$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.ape
1=>wapet.exe "@dest2@" -t "artist=@artist@" -t "album=@album@" -t "title=@title@" -t "tracknumber=@track@" -t "year=@year@" -t "genre=@genre@" -t "encodedby=Monkey's Audio 3.99 [extra high]" -t "rippedby=EAC 0.95b2 [secure mode]" MAC.exe "@source@" "@dest2@" -c4000
2=>oggenc2.exe -q 4.25 "@source@" -o "@dest1@" -a "@artist@" -l "@album@" -t "@title@" -N "@track@" -d "@year@" -G "@genre@" -c "encodedby=Vorbis Lancer (aoTuVb4) [-q4.25]" -c "rippedby=EAC 0.95b2 [secure mode]"
3=>del "@source@"

Reply #17
@beto: Are you sure you hit F10, and not F4. There is a new v0.97 version. It will move your .ini file to REACT.ini.old because many things has changed, so you must move your edited stuff over to the new .ini.
The new version may fix your problem.

Reply #18
@beto: Are you sure you hit F10, and not F4. There is a new v0.97 version. It will move your .ini file to REACT.ini.old because many things has changed, so you must move your edited stuff over to the new .ini.
The new version may fix your problem.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=319639"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hey tycho, I'll try again as soon as I get back to my country in 2 months time. I'm abroad now....

Reply #19
@kindofblue (in Uploads thread - I was not able to put a lengthy post there): You configuration seems fine. The wavegain should create a minimized cmd.exe window for a short while. When the encoding cmd.exe window appears, you should see a line "WaveGain: ..." that shows the gain and peak that wavegain found, and which is available in the @gain@ and @peak@ variables. Note that in v0.983, when you set 'MinimizeCompressionWindow=0' both the wavegain and compression cmd.exe window will appear non-minimized.
If you create the flac files for backup only (not playback), you should consider using a [flac-image] (F10) configuration instead, which creates lossy compressed track files from the image, using ACDIR. I find it more useful to have a one-file image as backup of an album, and track files for lossy compression e.g. for portable mp3 players.

Reply #20
@kindofblue (in Uploads thread - I was not able to put a lengthy post there): You configuration seems fine. The wavegain should create a minimized cmd.exe window for a short while. When the encoding cmd.exe window appears, you should see a line "WaveGain: ..." that shows the gain and peak that wavegain found, and which is available in the @gain@ and @peak@ variables. Note that in v0.983, when you set 'MinimizeCompressionWindow=0' both the wavegain and compression cmd.exe window will appear non-minimized.
If you create the flac files for backup only (not playback), you should consider using a [flac-image] (F10) configuration instead, which creates lossy compressed track files from the image, using ACDIR. I find it more useful to have a one-file image as backup of an album, and track files for lossy compression e.g. for portable mp3 players.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=321690"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, tycho. I'm really grateful for your work on REACT. About the flac-image option, let's say I have a single-file image of an album, how do I go about transcoding selected individual tracks to lossy? I usually transcode from individual FLAC files using batchenc. I've never used cuesheets before.

Reply #21
Use ACDIR (link in first post). If you want to both have a FLAC image and individual mp3 files for your portable, you should use something like:

[flaclame-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create FLAC and LAME -V8 mp3 files
ImageExt=flac
CuesheetExt=flac.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
WaveGainExtraOpt=
outdir1=E:\My Music\_Portable\$album$
1=>"C:\Programs\Batchenc\wapet.exe" "@image@" -f "CUESHEET=@cuesheet@" "C:\Programs\Batchenc\flac.exe" -8 -f -V --replay-gain "@source@" -o "@image@" -T ARTIST="@artist@" -T ALBUM="@album@" -T DATE="@year@" -T GENRE="@genre@" -T COMMENT="FLAC 1.1.2 + REACT"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>"C:\Programs\Batchenc\acdir.exe" --overwrite --output "@outdir1@\$n. $~t - $~a.mp3" --pipe "C:\Programs\Batchenc\lame397a11.exe -V8 --vbr-new --ignore-tag-errors --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --scale @scale@ --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qLAME 3.97a11 -V8 vbr-new + REACT$q $x - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
4=>if errorlevel 1 pause
5=>del "@source@"
You can't select individual tracks with this method - all tracks will be encoded. However, you can use ACDIR anytime later using only the flac image to encode e.g. ogg track files. Put the following in a file image2ogg.bat:
@"C:\Programs\Batchenc\acdir.exe" --output "$n - $~t - $~a.ogg" --pipe "C:\Programs\Batchenc\oggenc2.exe --title $#t --artist $#a --album $#T --tracknum $#n #ifdef$r{GENRE}--genre $#r{GENRE}#endif #ifdef$r{DATE}--date $#r{DATE}#endif -o $#o $x -" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
And run it:
mage2ogg.bat somealbum.flac.cue

You can also encode individual tracks from the album with the acdir option --track n-m.

PS: None of the above is tested, so take care.

/Edit: Did some testing, and found that the executable which is piped from ACDIR does not accept quoting with $q. (Updated code block). However $q can be used to surround e.g. the comment tag, which is strange. Nyaochi - you may look at this. Another thing which would be great is if you could return error codes from acdir on error (so that "if errorlevel 1 pause" kicks in).

Reply #22
Thanks for the info, tycho. Gonna have a look at this ACDIR later.

Reply #23
How do I put 'Album Artist' tags in my encodes? EAC 0.95 beta 3 has support for the album artist tag: IIRC, %A is for track artist, %D is for CD (or album) artist. I'd like to be able to use it with REACT. Specifically, I'd like to use it in my destination path, something like:

dest1=E:\My Music\_Lossless\@album artist@\$album$\@track@. $title$ - @artist@.flac

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Kindofblue

Reply #24
You have access to all parameters that can be passed to the encoder:
Q:Which flags can I use in the external compression scheme "User Defined
   MP3 Encoder"?
A:In the field "Additional command line options" you could use
   replacements for the selectable options :

%s        Source filename
    %d        Destination filename
    %h...%h   Text "..." only when "High quality" selected
    %l...%l   Text "..." only when "Low quality" selected
    %c...%c   Text "..." only when "CRC checksum" selected
    %r        Bitrate ("32".."320")
    %a        CD artist
    %g        CD title
    %t        Track title
    %y        Year
    %n        Track number
    %m        MP3 music genre
    %o        Original filename (without temporary renaming)
    %e        Comment (as selected in EAC)
    %b        CRC of extracted track
    %f        freedb ID
    %x        Number of tracks on album

It seems that only %a = "CD artist" is passed if the doc is correct. However, I would guess when "Various artists" is checked, it is the "Track artist" that is passed (because the CD artist is always "Various"). Unfortunately the external encoder program - in this case REACT - can therefore not know whether the "Various artists" was checked or not.