Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MEnc- a media transcoder based on mplayer (Read 14336 times) previous topic - next topic

MEnc- a media transcoder based on mplayer

MediaCoder is an audio/video batch transcoder, putting together many excellent audio/video softwares from the open source community into one friendly GUI, including MPlayer/MEncoder, Lame, Ogg/Vorbis, FAAC, Helix, Winamp AAC+V2 Encoder, Monkey's Audio, FLAC, WavPack, Matroska Toolkit, MP4Box. On video side, MEncoder is used as back-end. On audio side, MPlayer and Winamp input plugins as decoders, combined with various encoders, it can transcode among different audio formats with tags transferred as well as encoding audio track in a video file (e.g. VOB->MP3) and various audio filters (e.g. resample, normalize) can be applied on the audio data.

Supported source formats:
MP3, OGG/OGM (Vorbis), AAC, RealAudio, FLAC, WavPack, APE, WAV, CUE Sheets, WMA/WMV/ASF, AVI, MPEG1/2 (MPG/DAT/VOB), QuickTime/MOV, MP4, Matroska and any other formats supported by Winamp input plugins

Supported target audio formats:
- Lossy: MP3, Ogg/Vorbis, AAC/HE-AAC/HE-AAC-PS, MusePack
- Lossless: FLAC, WavPack, Monkey's Audio (APE), WAV

Supported target video formats:
H.264, Xvid, DivX 4/5, MPEG1/2/4, H.263 etc.

Supported target container formats:
AVI, MPEG, Matroska, MP4

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net

Reply #1
n00b alert: Can I use this to encode VOB to Xvid/MP3? thx
WavPack 4.31 / LAME 3.98 alpha 3 -V9 -vbr-new

Reply #2
Yes you can! If u r encoding an NTSC vob, remeber to set Preference -> Xvid -> Interlaced Video Content to "Yes"

n00b alert: Can I use this to encode VOB to Xvid/MP3? thx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=317789"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Reply #3
Yes you can! If u r encoding an NTSC vob, remeber to set Preference -> Xvid -> Interlaced Video Content to "Yes"
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=317811"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No. You need to add ivtc video filter and leave xvid as progressive!

Reply #4
If u need that filter, just write "-vf ivtc=1" in "Preference" -> "extra mencoder options".

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=317811"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No. You need to add ivtc video filter and leave xvid as progressive!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=317816"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Reply #5
You should add a checkbox for it because it is the correct way of handling ntsc dvds.

Reply #6
No problem. I will soon add options for various audio/video filters in Preference.

You should add a checkbox for it because it is the correct way of handling ntsc dvds.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=317892"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Reply #7
Thanks for the tips guys. I'm new to video encoding although I've tried out a few mencoder GUIs. Still not sure about what commandline options to use. I'm hoping for an idiot-proof solution for my VOB-to-Xvid encoding needs.

regards,
kindofblue

Reply #8
I'm glad that my software can help.
My original goal for this software is to provide advanced users (the first user is myself ) with a flexible front-end for various encoders. However I will try to concern needs of different users as much as possible.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm new to video encoding although I've tried out a few mencoder GUIs. Still not sure about what commandline options to use. I'm hoping for an idiot-proof solution for my VOB-to-Xvid encoding needs.

regards,
kindofblue
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=317969"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Reply #9

regards,
kindofblue
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try [a href="http://www.doom9.org/autogk.htm]AutoGK[/url]. It isn't much of a mencoder gui but it does its job as it should.

Reply #10
I've updated to add rich audio filter options provided by mplayer. Video filter options will be added soon.

Reply #11
You can encode a VOB's audio track into a MP3/OGG/AAC by choosing "None" for video codec.

Reply #14
Try AutoGK. It isn't much of a mencoder gui but it does its job as it should.

AutoGK seems to have embedded spyware:

Starting with the AutoGK 1.84 beta, a piece of adware/spyware is installed. If you're using Internet Explorer to surf the web, this component will periodically display ads on your screen based on the content you're currently viewing.

@optimus: Is it safe to use menc's default settings for VOB-to-Xvid? Or is there other information/switches that I should know about? Also, I'd like to try out H.264/AVC. Can you recommend a good commandline? Thx in advance. Sorry for the n00bness.

Reply #15
Enable auto-bitrate function, and specify "-vf ivtc=1" in "extra mplayer options" if u r encoding interlaced vob, u can get a good result!

@optimus: Is it safe to use menc's default settings for VOB-to-Xvid? Or is there other information/switches that I should know about? Also, I'd like to try out H.264/AVC. Can you recommend a good commandline? Thx in advance. Sorry for the n00bness.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=319005"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Reply #16
thanks. will try it out this weekend. =)

Reply #17
Sorry I mis-wrote sth, u should specify that option in both "extra mencoder options" instead of "extra mplayer options".
I will add video filter options as soon as I have free time.

Reply #18
n00b alert...

So I want to use MEnc to transcode my ogg/ogm video files to avi/xvid.
I got that done, but Instead of the Japanese track I wanted, I got the English audio track. The subtitles also appear to have disappeared. I poked and prodded and tried for hours before finally coming back here to humbly beg for help.

Also, thanks for a great program - this is one of the best video tools I've ever seen. Very easy to use.
</suck up>

Reply #19
Try AutoGK. It isn't much of a mencoder gui but it does its job as it should.

AutoGK seems to have embedded spyware:

That is true, but you can safely remove it by using Start->Control Panel->Add Remove Programs and searching for an entry called DAE. That is if your anti-vírus software does not spot the spyware during install.
You may also remove the file dae.exe from your system32 directory.

At least this worked for me.

Reply #20
I feel kind of dumb asking this question, but how/where do you set the file extension? I see the container for MP4, but I don't see how to set the extension to m4a so my AAC tracks will play in my iPod. Thanks in advance for your reply.
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"