Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem compiling 3.97a11 on OS X (Read 2920 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem compiling 3.97a11 on OS X

I recently checked-out 3.97a11 from cvs, and tried to compile it today. I received a strange error, though:
Code: [Select]
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details.

What the heck does this mean? (I'm not a computer person, nor do I understand programing stuff).

If anybody has already compiled 3.97a11 for OS X, I'd appreciate being able to download a copy. I'm going back to Win32 once my new PC laptop arrives in a week or two, so I hopefully won't have to compile alphas (for testing) after this.

Problem compiling 3.97a11 on OS X

Reply #2
You know something, I just realized that despite being on 10.4.2, I still have gcc3.3, because I haven't installed the new developer tools that came with the 10.4 install discs. I wonder if that is the problem.

Thanks a lot for the upload!