Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: REACT Commands Help (Read 3124 times) previous topic - next topic

REACT Commands Help

Hello,

I am trying to setup REACT with EAC here, after Synthetic Soul suggested it to me in another post. What I would like to do, is this (perhaps not in this order if its not correct):

1. Rip CD to Wav
2. Use FLAC to create image from Wav with an embedded CUE sheet.
3. Use ACDIR and LAME to create MP3's from this for portable play, V2 or so.
4. Create the PAR files Synthetic Soul uses for his/her guide.
5. Write EAC log file

Is that process correct? I liked the idea that Synthetic Soul had for the Par files and the log file for mananging DVD's so thats why those are in their. So in the end I would end up with the following files:

-FLAC Image
-MP3's split up by trac
-EAC Log File
-PAR files
-CSV Log File (holds number of DVD, from Synthetic Soul's guide)

Now I am not sure if I am missing anything here. The area I have trouble with is that I want a whole image and multiple tracks, which is confusing to REACT since it has seperate options for both, but I want a solution that does both at once. I assume, ACDIR somehow can take the FLAC image Cuesheet and then LAME will know to make MP3's from the FLAC file? Or is is better to create them from the WAV files? But then I wouldnt have a Cuesheet to use?

Perhaps someone has already done something similar and if they could post their configuration that would be great. Thanks!

Orbit

REACT Commands Help

Reply #1
Ok, I figured out some of this on my own by looking at the examples in the REACT.INI file, but its not working correctly. This runs, but when it gets the part with ACDIR, it just prints out a bunch of stuff in the command prompt and doesnt do any encoding. I cant read it since it goes by quite fast and then closes.

Code: [Select]
; Main
[Main-image]
Description=FLAC image with embedded cuesheet and EAC log with PAR2 data and CSV log
ImageExt=flac
CuesheetExt=flac.cue
destdir1=@musicdir@\FLAC\$artist$\$album$
destdir2=@musicdir@\MP3\$artist$\$album$
destdir3=@musicdir@\Log

1=>@encdir@\flac.exe -5 -f "@source@" -o "@image@"
2=>@encdir@\Tag.exe -t "ARTIST=@artist@" -t "ALBUM=@album@" -t "YEAR=@year@" -t "GENRE=@genre@" -t "TOTALTRACKS=@numtracks@" -f "CUESHEET=@cuesheet@" "@image@"
3=>MOVE "@destbase@.*" "@destdir1@"
4=>SET out2=$n - $~a - $~t
5=>@encdir@\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@destdir2@\%out2%.mp3" --pipe "@encdir@\lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE}" "@sourcecuesheet@"
6=>DEL "@source@"
8=>MOVE "@eaclog@" "@destdir1@"

Any help?

REACT Commands Help

Reply #2
Nobody here knows how to use REACT?

REACT Commands Help

Reply #3
Hi Orbit,

Your process looks fine to me.

I must admit I'm not so sure nowadays about the concept of creating PAR2 data per image.  Most people, it seems, prefer to create PAR2 data of a whole disc.  This is a tricky one to call when I've never been in the situation to need to use it.  I guess for me it partly boils down to the fact that it's very easy to do per image, but more effort for a whole disc.  I just don't have time to be testing such things.  If someone could persuade me completely one way or the other then I may sit up and take notice.

Anyway, in this post you will see that I have posted my REACT "WAVPACK-image" INI section.  This emulates what my batch files were doing - except that it embeds the log, tags GENRE and DATE as well as ARTIST and ALBUM, and uses WavPack.

Oh, also, instead of setting the DVD disc number on the command line I'm using the comment field in EAC (Compression Options > Offset tab > bottom radio and text box).  You could easily just hard code it in your INI (by replacing @comment@ with the number) or use some other method.

The following may be what you are after, or at least a good start:

Global settings

[Settings]
Config=FLAC
EAC=C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\EAC.exe
musicdir=C:\DOS\CDBackup
encdir=C:\Program Files\REACT\Encoders
LogFile=react.txt
CodePage=1252
MinimizeCompressionWindow=1
ProcessPriority=1
ImageHotkey={F10}
ImageNaming=CDImage
KeyRemap1={F4}|+{F5}
KeyRemap2=|
KeyRemap3=|
Sla_Bks_Col_Qst_Bar_Quo_Ast_Lt_Gt=-|-|-||!|'|#|[|]
Version=0.996
Debug=0

FLAC-image section

[FLAC-image]
Description=FLAC image with embedded cuesheet and EAC log with PAR2 data and CSV log
ImageExt=flac
CuesheetExt=flac.cue
destdir1=@musicdir@\FLAC\$cdartist$\$album$
destdir2=@musicdir@\Log
destdir3=@musicdir@\MP3\$cdartist$\$album$
1=>@encdir@\FLAC.EXE -5 -V -f "@source@" -o "@image@"
2=>@encdir@\TAG.EXE -t "ARTIST=@artist@" -t "ALBUM=@album@" -t "YEAR=@year@" -t "GENRE=@genre@" -f "CUESHEET=@cuesheet@" -f "EACLOG=@eaclog@" "@image@"
3=>set out2=$n - $~t
4=>if "$cdartist$"=="Various" set out2=$n - $~t ($~a)
5=>@encdir@\ACDIR.EXE --overwrite --output "@destdir3@\%out2%.mp3" --pipe "@encdir@\LAME.EXE -V2 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
6=>PAR2.EXE c -s204800 -r10 -- "@image@"
7=>DEL "@source@"
8=>MOVE "@eaclog@" "@destdir1@"
9=>MOVE "@destbase@.*" "@destdir1@"
10=>IF NOT EXIST "@destdir2@\cdbackup.csv" ECHO Disc,Artist,Album,Date,Time> "@destdir2@\cdbackup.csv"
11=>ECHO @comment@,"@cdartist@","@album@",%DATE%,%TIME%>> "@destdir2@\cdbackup.csv"

Remember to change the paths to musicdir, and destdir1/2/3.
I'm on a horse.

REACT Commands Help

Reply #4
Thank you Synthetic Soul! After some tweaks that code worked great.

As for the Par files, isnt the purpose to create data to correct the .flac file, which we are doing now? How would making Par files of the whole disc help us any? Are you saying that you would make Par files of the .wav file instead?

This process works great, as for tagging goes, is it safe to use IDV3v2 only? The MP3's are what I will be using all of the time, the Flac image is just for archiving.

REACT Commands Help

Reply #5
Sorry, when I say PAR files of the whole disc I mean the DVD disc.

This thread about dvdisaster looked quite interesting.  I am currently trying to dig up a good thread about PAR2 for DVD disc images.

I don't see a problem with ID3v2 tags.  Anyway, you have your lossless backup so the MP3s are throwaway anyway.

Edit: I think this is the PAR2 thread I was thinking of.  Definately worth a read.

CD's are extremely cheap now.  Maybe one day I'll just burn some PAR2 CDs of my DVD discs - or even give dvdisaster a go.

Has anyone tried dvdisaster?
I'm on a horse.