Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iPod reall cost in USA? (Read 4128 times) previous topic - next topic

iPod reall cost in USA?

I'm still evaluating on buying an iPod (or an iAudio). So my question in general is, how much a 200 dollars dap finally costs? does not includes tax, right? so, how much would it cost in USA with tax? at new jersey or miami? if i buy on internet does it stills pay taxes? thanks.

iPod reall cost in USA?

Reply #1
I'm still evaluating on buying an iPod (or an iAudio). So my question in general is, how much a 200 dollars dap finally costs? does not includes tax, right? so, how much would it cost in USA with tax? at new jersey or miami? if i buy on internet does it stills pay taxes? thanks.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356560"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Most online vendors only charge tax when delivered to one or at most a few states, so unless you're unlucky you probably won't pay. In addition, there are some states (Delaware for one) that have no sales tax at all, so those residents never pay (I live just over the border in Pennsylvania so I do my major shopping in Delaware).

iPod reall cost in USA?

Reply #2
Most online vendors only charge tax when delivered to one or at most a few states, so unless you're unlucky you probably won't pay. In addition, there are some states (Delaware for one) that have no sales tax at all, so those residents never pay (I live just over the border in Pennsylvania so I do my major shopping in Delaware).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356572"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm pretty sure (but not certain) that a lot of states require you (by law) to declare online purchases on you tax return and pay state sales tax on them.  Then again a law is only as good as it's enforced, and most states don't have the resources to hunt down the ~$10 in tax you owe them a $200 online purchase.

BTW from what I've seen $200 is generally the going price in a 2GB ipod nano in bricks-&-mortar stores.

iPod reall cost in USA?

Reply #3
BTW from what I've seen $200 is generally the going price in a 2GB ipod nano in bricks-&-mortar stores.

sorry, you mean is the full price (price+tax)? in argentina we are used to have the tax included in the price. Anyway, how much tax is it in new york, new jersey and/or miami?

iPod reall cost in USA?

Reply #4
Tax is a tricky thing because yes there's a State tax we pay in the U.S., but then there's also the City tax, so for me that would end up being 8% or slightly more like 8.???%. So if I were to get that iPod it would be "approximately" 200+16=$216
Don't forget the shipping/handling charges which could easily add another $10 or so to the total cost!

iPod reall cost in USA?

Reply #5
i have been offered a 2GB ipod at my country for 250 ... it doesnt looks that much of a diference, cosidering it has warranty ... does anybody know if the warranty is international?

iPod reall cost in USA?

Reply #6
In my state (New Hampshire), there is no sales tax.

So as far as I am concerned, a $199 iPod or a $3000 computer are the same, no tax necessary
iTunes 10 - Mac OS X 10.6
256kbps AAC VBR
iPhone 4 32GB