Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LightScribe vs. FlashLabel (Read 5056 times) previous topic - next topic

LightScribe vs. FlashLabel

Hello

I am thinking of bying a new burner and why not get the feature that allows
making a label direct to the disk, while searchin the net I stumbled on flash
label but can´t find out what it does and works comparing to lightscribe.

I know that there´s gonna be lightscribe versions in the feature burning labels in color but I'm not willing to wait, I want to get a new recorder NOW!!

I am mainly gonna use the burner to create music CDs.

Can anyone clear out the difference to me? What burner is the best according to
music that features labeling feature?

Thanks a lot

Rebel

LightScribe vs. FlashLabel

Reply #2
According to the above linked article, labelflash is only available for dvd and not for cd, so for audio cd's it is a no-no I guess...
That being said, I have also thought about this 3 months ago and after evaluating the prices, came to the conclusion that:
1) discs are more expensive
2) no dvd-r support, only +r discs (for labels)
3) no colour

So I just went and bought a new multifunction printer from canon. My mp500 gives photo-quality prints, lets me scan and copy standalone and supports direct-to-cd printing. This gives me a photo-quality label directly on the disc. (admittedly cd's or dvd's with a photo-quality coating on top are also more expensive than normal discs)

Results are more than impressive...