Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [0.9]foo_playcount - %play_count% stored in DB? (Read 3865 times) previous topic - next topic

[0.9]foo_playcount - %play_count% stored in DB?

Hi!

In 0.8.3 my files got a tag %play_counter%. With the new foo_playcount you obviously can access %play_count%. I however can't find the tag beeing stored inside the files (ogg). Is it only stored in the "Media Library"? I just wanted to build a Masstagger-script in order to add those two values. But how do I write into %play_count%? Is/Will it (be) possible to store this tag inside the files?

Here is my current script:
destination: PLAY_COUNT
formatting pattern: $add(%PLAY_COUNT%,%PLAY_COUNTER%)

Any information on this is appreciated!

Reply #1
As far as I know, in the 0.9 version of playcount developed by Peter, tags are stored inside the database and they are not added to files physically. We have to wait until someone develops more "configurable" version of this plugin.

Reply #2
Alright - that's what I already guessed. It was really hard to find any information concerning this plugin at all. I read somewhere, that this plugin is rather a proof-of-concept?!

Reply #3
The play count values from Peter's component are stored in the configuration file, not in the media library.

Reply #4
I read somewhere, that this plugin is rather a proof-of-concept?!
Yes, to demonstrate storing values in a config file, rather than in the database or tags.

As there is now no distinction between the database and file tags any file-specific information that cannot be stored in a tag must be stored in a config file instead.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #5
Alright. This thread may be closed.