32 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
foo_browser, Playlist Tree break off
Haggis
post Mar 31 2006, 05:01
Post #151

Group: Members
Member No.: 5232

Working really well. Would it make sense to have ENTER do the same thing as a double-click when a browser pane is focused? It would help when using keyboard navigation.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Insolent
post Mar 31 2006, 06:34
Post #152

Member No.: 14136

QUOTE (cwbowron @ Mar 31 2006, 10:15 AM)
Changing the selection color requires overriding some of the functionality of the list view so I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon...

Oh well. sad.gif

Also, there is an extremely annoying bug with the horizontal scrollbar. I have the panel resized so it shouldn't be there (ie: the panel is wide enough to fit the contents in without scrolling). However, as soon as I restart foobar its back. If I resize the panel, even 1px, it'll disappear until I restart again.

--------------------
</signature>
+Quote Post
Anas
post Mar 31 2006, 12:35
Post #153

Member No.: 21968

Did I miss something or isn't it possible to use for example %<genre>% to display tracks with multiple tag values seperatly for each of the multiple values.
Example: a genre tags contains the multiple values Metal\Death\Technichal and is displayed in the genre panel under Metal as well as under Death and Technichal instead of displaying it under Metal, Death, Technichal.
Hope you got me and it's possible to implement if it isn't yet.
+Quote Post
lav-chan
post Mar 31 2006, 13:57
Post #154

Member No.: 12503

You use 'genre' (instead of '%genre%').

--------------------
~
+Quote Post
Anas
post Mar 31 2006, 14:06
Post #155

Aaaah, thanks. That did it.
+Quote Post
alphaex32
post Mar 31 2006, 17:39
Post #156

Member No.: 15832

I just got an idea. If you look at musikcube, it uses a similar browser system. What I like about it, though, is that when you click on the panel headers you can change them. So, for example I could change to any one of the five presets quickly. Also, speaking of presets, it would be nice if we could define more than the 5 presets and give us a way to quickly rearrange them. You could use a listbox, for example, in the settings dialogue with all of the panel presets.
+Quote Post
muzgus
post Mar 31 2006, 20:55
Post #157

Member No.: 29013

What about adding an option *not* to show the entire library at the begening, but the playlist that was used when foobar was closed?
+Quote Post
AsD
post Mar 31 2006, 22:32
Post #158

Member No.: 9884

Great idea, i want that too...
...and dont forget border styles and an option to turn off horizontal scrollbars if isnt much to ask.

This post has been edited by AsD: Apr 1 2006, 00:03

--------------------
Excuse my English
+Quote Post
lav-chan
post Mar 31 2006, 22:38
Post #159

If i remember right, i think someone asked about saving states between sessions for the album list or something like that, and the developer basically said that that was too hard to be worth it.

--------------------
~
+Quote Post
cwbowron
post Mar 31 2006, 22:47
Post #160

Member No.: 18153

QUOTE (AsD @ Mar 31 2006, 04:32 PM)
...and dont forget border styles and an option to turn off horizontal scrollbars if isnt much to ask.

listviews dont have an option to turn off the horizontal scroll without overriding some functionality, so it probably isnt going to happen...

--------------------
There used to be a link to my website here.
+Quote Post
AsD
post Apr 1 2006, 00:02
Post #161

Ok, but i have an idea. What about saving the headers size. If i change the size of the header soo it doesnt goes under the vertical scrollbar then the horizontal scrollbar will never show up.

I hope you can understand my terrible inglish...

This post has been edited by AsD: Apr 1 2006, 00:02

--------------------
Excuse my English
+Quote Post
lav-chan
post Apr 1 2006, 03:56
Post #162

If that's reasonably possible that sounds like an awesome idea, actually. I didn't even know you could resize the headers 'til just now.

--------------------
~
+Quote Post
Sauceman
post Apr 1 2006, 07:27
Post #163

Member No.: 28951

Am I doing something wrong...

I add a directory to the "*browser*" playlist, it successfully adds all of my mp3's. Nothing is shown in the foo_browser Artist window. I click away from the *browser* playlist, then click back...and all my files disappear.

Wtf?
+Quote Post
fabiospark
post Apr 1 2006, 08:59
Post #164

Member No.: 19881

QUOTE (Sauceman @ Apr 1 2006, 08:27 AM)
Am I doing something wrong...

I add a directory to the "*browser*" playlist, it successfully adds all of my mp3's. Nothing is shown in the foo_browser Artist window. I click away from the *browser* playlist, then click back...and all my files disappear.

Wtf?

The *browser* playlist is the destination of the tracks (files) you choose clicking into the browser panels.
If you want to choose a playlist (instead of the FB library) as the source FOR the browser panels, you have to add your dir (or files) into another playlist (call it "Browser source", if you like), select all files in it and then use the context menu item "browse". Then, the panels will be populated with only the content of your "browser source" playlist and when you click on items in the panels their content will be sent to the *browser* playlist.
+Quote Post
wortels
post Apr 1 2006, 19:07
Post #165

Group: Banned
Member No.: 15154

for the fourth time now...foo_browser shows horizontal scroll bars even if there is no need for them...even in an extreme secnario

add only one panel on top for artist
add another panel below it 'playlist view'

the bug appears randomly...just shutdown foobar and start again...keep doing that and you will see the bug...

Please someone confirm this...its really irrittating...cause you have to change the column width very slightly and the horizontal bars are gone....

Thanks

Example:

This post has been edited by aliumalik: Apr 1 2006, 19:18
+Quote Post
cwbowron
post Apr 1 2006, 19:14
Post #166

Member No.: 18153

QUOTE (aliumalik @ Apr 1 2006, 01:07 PM)
for the fourth time now...foo_browser shows horizontal scroll bars even if there is no need for them...even in an extreme secnario

the bug appears randomly...just shutdown foobar and start again...keep doing that and you will see the bug...

Please someone confirm this...its really irrittating...cause you have to change the column width very slightly and the horizontal bars are gone....

Yes, I know... You've mentioned it four times...

Show some patience... I know what the problem is and it will be fixed in the next release... Next time you feel it necessary to complain about something 4 times, dont... I just might not fix to spite you...

--------------------
There used to be a link to my website here.
+Quote Post
AsD
post Apr 1 2006, 19:17
Post #167

QUOTE (lav-chan @ Mar 31 2006, 06:38 PM)
If i remember right, i think someone asked about saving states between sessions for the album list or something like that, and the developer basically said that that was too hard to be worth it.

Dont have to save states between sessions, just not to remplace the playlist at the begining.

This post has been edited by AsD: Apr 1 2006, 19:18

--------------------
Excuse my English
+Quote Post
wortels
post Apr 1 2006, 19:20
Post #168

Group: Banned
Member No.: 15154

QUOTE (cwbowron @ Apr 1 2006, 11:14 PM)
QUOTE (aliumalik @ Apr 1 2006, 01:07 PM)

Yes, I know... You've mentioned it four times...

Show some patience... I know what the problem is and it will be fixed in the next release... Next time you feel it necessary to complain about something 4 times, dont... I just might not fix to spite you...

Heh...didn't mean to offend you...just that no one confirmed it so i thought either no one read or I was the only one with the problem....maybe someone confirmed but I didn't read through properly biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
lav-chan
post Apr 1 2006, 19:47
Post #169

I actually confirmed it (post 90). :bobomb:

--------------------
~
+Quote Post
FAK7OR
post Apr 1 2006, 21:56
Post #170

Member No.: 10622

Is there some way I can get some sort of "Library View" listing all folders in my music "Database". I used this feature in the old "playlist tree" plugin to display / get quick accessto my latest tracks which I store in a seperate folder.

Sorry if this has been up before. I tried searching but couldnt find anything related in the newer threads.

This post has been edited by FAK7OR: Apr 1 2006, 21:57
+Quote Post
Anas
post Apr 2 2006, 10:55
Post #171

@FAK7OR I think this thread is what you're looking for: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=42912.
+Quote Post
FAK7OR
post Apr 2 2006, 14:12
Post #172

Member No.: 10622

QUOTE (Anas @ Apr 2 2006, 01:55 AM)
@FAK7OR I think this thread is what you're looking for: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=42912.

That was spot on, exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks. Don't know how I missed the link at the bottom of the components page.

(In case someone else needs it: http://music.morbo.org/components.php)
+Quote Post
tgoose
post Apr 2 2006, 14:28
Post #173

Member No.: 21399

QUOTE (cwbowron @ Mar 31 2006, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (AsD @ Mar 31 2006, 04:32 PM)

listviews dont have an option to turn off the horizontal scroll without overriding some functionality, so it probably isnt going to happen...

Would it not be possible to just crop the titles when they get to a length that would create scrollbars? Sorry if that's blindingly obvious and already been said, but it ocurred to me just now smile.gif
+Quote Post
AsD
post Apr 2 2006, 15:00
Post #174

...or maybe better, automatically resize the headers.

--------------------
Excuse my English
+Quote Post
Eric
post Apr 2 2006, 16:49
Post #175

Member No.: 21909

Hi,
thanks for this plugin.
I've just downloaded the 1.0.9.
I would like to have a panel per file extension, so I had %_filename_ext% as format for the 5th panel in browser configuration. But I does not do what I would like. How can I do that?
(I would like to have the categories MP3, MPC, OGG, etc)

Furthermore, would it be possible to optimize the refresh when foobar is loaded and the plugin is set to "automatically activate" ? I mean to load the lists of the browser in another thread, so that foobar can be used without waiting for this loading?

This post has been edited by Eric: Apr 2 2006, 16:57
+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 06:32