Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_browser (Read 431898 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_browser

Reply #300
Hello!

Thank you for this great plugin.
Is it possible to start playing an item on double-click?
Is it possible for the browser to drive albumart?
And I can't find how to change the colors. Please can someone tell me?

Thanks is advance.

foo_browser

Reply #301
Finally got this plugin working, cool!  I've noticed a couple bugs though, for example, there are some double-entries in the Browser list, and also it's still got old tags in there, and also tags for files that I don't even have anymore (I rescanned the media library a couple times but this didn't fix it) =)

foo_browser

Reply #302
Finally got this plugin working, cool!  I've noticed a couple bugs though, for example, there are some double-entries in the Browser list, and also it's still got old tags in there, and also tags for files that I don't even have anymore (I rescanned the media library a couple times but this didn't fix it) =)

I'm wondering about this too. How can I remove dead entries from browser?

foo_browser

Reply #303

Did you reset the browsers using Reset Browsers under the Library main menu?
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_browser

Reply #304
To update both 'Browser" & "Albumlist Panel". I had to delete all of my playlists, run "Rescan Media Library", close down foobar, then re-start foobar. I've never had to do all of those steps to refresh the database. Whatever the the problem is, it seems to affect the database, as well as the media plugins. So, I'm really not sure if it is "Browser" causing the problem or if it might be the "Columns_UI Beta".
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

foo_browser

Reply #305
Hi, does this one work with last version of column_ui ?
i just cannot see them ...

thank you (this one with playlist tree panel are the best ones to play with his music collection)

foo_browser

Reply #306

Did you reset the browsers using Reset Browsers under the Library main menu?

Yep I did that as well.

foo_browser

Reply #307
Can I have the option to hide the vertical scroll bars?  If I am the only one who wants this, then just forget it.

Thanks
- FLAC/200GB external
- AAC 128 vbr/local
- iPod Nano 2G 8GB

foo_browser

Reply #308
Can I have the option to hide the vertical scroll bars?  If I am the only one who wants this, then just forget it.

Thanks

I wouldn't mind hiding them, if the mousewheel / keyboard still works to navigate.

foo_browser

Reply #309
Hi, I asked a few days ago about removing items easier from the browser. I accidently added a folder to my collection, and I'm trying to remove it from the browser, but it won't let me. Last time I did it, I had to remove it from the album list and reinstall the plug in. Is there an easier way to do this?

foo_browser

Reply #310
Create a playlist with all your library but that album.  Make sure the album is in no other playlists, and remove all folders from the media library (preferences).  Then, click 'save all' and re-add the folder, don't click scan, and exit foobar.

When you re-run it, the album will be gone from the library, and the rest will still be there.

foo_browser

Reply #311
Hi, i've got a problem with the version 0.1.3 beta1v5 of Column_UI :
i just don't see the Browser panel in the Layout View.
Does someone have the same problem or a kind of solution ?
Tks all.

foo_browser

Reply #312
Is it normal if the possibility to add all my library to the current playlist has been removed?
I used to double-click on [All] in browser window to do so, but it does not seems to work anymore...
The only way to do that right now is to specify a Browser playlist, but it is not an option for me since I don't like to get my library updated as soon as I select an artist/album.

Cwbowron, it would be awesome to re-enable the double click action over [All] ! 

foo_browser

Reply #313
Is it normal if the possibility to add all my library to the current playlist has been removed?
I used to double-click on [All] in browser window to do so, but it does not seems to work anymore...
The only way to do that right now is to specify a Browser playlist, but it is not an option for me since I don't like to get my library updated as soon as I select an artist/album.

Cwbowron, it would be awesome to re-enable the double click action over [All] ! 

Its been added to the known bugs list and I will fix it soon... I probably broke this feature in fixing a crash that was ocurring...
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_browser

Reply #314
Its been added to the known bugs list and I will fix it soon... I probably broke this feature in fixing a crash that was ocurring...

Nice! A big thanks for a fast reply and continue your great work!

foo_browser

Reply #315
An option to have the width of your browser panels all set to equal sizes would be cool too =)

foo_browser

Reply #316
Hi all again,
I have one another question about sorting items:
I use three panels of foo_browser : genre, artist and album.
So when i simple click on one genre, the *browser* playlist is modified with the songs having the genre i clicked on.
I would like the *brower* playlist to be sorted by artist, date, album, title. 
But it is sorted by artist, album, title. 
Is there a way to change this ?
Must I look in foor_browser options, or in UI_columns options ?
Tks very much.

foo_browser

Reply #317
This may be an impossible request, but is there anything that can be done to improve performance in this plug in?  I have a lot of tracks (almost 18000) and when I click [All] in my first panel (Album Artist) it can take up to a few minutes to load (and my foobar is frozen while it is working).

Besides this issue, I must say I love this plugin!

Thanks.

foo_browser

Reply #318
This plugin suddenly started working properly again, I decided to Recan the media library after adding an album, and after I did that I reset the Browser, and all seems fine now.  =)

Edit: I also just noticed 3 "bugs":

1) If you use the arrow keys to seek forward in a track when the focus is on a browser panel, it causes both the panel and the columns playlist to blink on each key press.

2) Double-clicking on the status bar to focus the now-playing track does not work on the Browser playlist.

3) I have my columns playlist directly beneath 3 browser panels, and when I resize the playlist vertically, the contents of the 1st browser panel expands with the resize, but when I revert to my original playlist size, there is a space before the "All" entry and also after the last entry, as if there is an invisible (unselectable) entry there (reset browser fixes the former)

Cheers!

foo_browser

Reply #319
I too can't get the foo_browser plugin to work (0.9.1). Its installed correctly in the components folder, in foobar2000 I can see its preferences, but it's nowhere to be found in the ColumnsUI layout editor. I can see all my other panels, just not the Browser panel(s).

- foobar2000: 0.9.1
- columns_ui: 0.13 pre-alpha 17v6
- foo browser: 1.1.5

Any idea?

Btw, is there also a foobar2000 0.8.x version of this plugin available and if so, where can I get it? I still have 0.8.3 running parallell with 0.9 because I use some components that aren't ported yet.

foo_browser

Reply #321
How do I get foo_browser to list ARTIST but if there is an "ALBUM ARTIST tag then ALBUM ARTIST"? I would like to list songs that are in Various Artist CDs to only be listed under Various Artists rather than their own name. Otherwise I have a thousand listings for artists that I only have one song from and it is impossible to use foo_browser to find my CDs by artist.

Thanks for any advice.
Sorry, I have nothing witty to say here.

foo_browser

Reply #322
How do I get foo_browser to list ARTIST but if there is an "ALBUM ARTIST tag then ALBUM ARTIST"? I would like to list songs that are in Various Artist CDs to only be listed under Various Artists rather than their own name. Otherwise I have a thousand listings for artists that I only have one song from and it is impossible to use foo_browser to find my CDs by artist.

Thanks for any advice.

Try putting this in the Artist format field in the Browser settings:

$if2(%album artist%,%artist%)

foo_browser

Reply #324
cwobrown could you please put version numbers in the filenames of the zip archives and on the wiki so that it's easier to see if there has been a new release? Roaming through the entire thread can be tiresome if you haven't been around for a while.