Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar 0.9 can't read Atomic Parsley-set tags. (Read 6082 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar 0.9 can't read Atomic Parsley-set tags.

After I tag an AAC file using Atomic Parsley, Amarok can read it, iTunes can read it, but FooBar can't. Does anyone know why this would be? Foobar can read all my files tagged with iTunes, so that's why this really confuses me since I thought it was one in the same. Thanks!

Reply #1
I'm just going to bump this one time, then I'll let it die I promise.

Reply #2
[deleted]

Reply #3
[deleted]

Reply #4
Thank you very much for looking into this for me. I went ahead and did it all again and documented the whole process. Here's my console:

Code: [Select]
phil@bender:~/Desktop$ wine ~/bin/neroAacEnc.exe -if silence.wav -of silence.m4a

phil@bender:~/Desktop$ atomicparsley silence.m4a --artist Mudvayne --title "12:97:24:99" --album "L.D. 50" --writeBack

phil@bender:~/Desktop$ atomicparsley silence.m4a --textdata

Atom "©too" contains: Nero AAC codec / May  1 2006
Atom "©ART" contains: Mudvayne
Atom "©nam" contains: 12:97:24:99
Atom "©alb" contains: L.D. 50

And here's the resulting file:

http://www.pkulak.com/silence.m4a

That file there is read fine by both iTunes and Amarok, but Foobar loads it as if there were no tags attached at all.

Reply #5
[deleted]

Reply #6
[deleted]

Reply #7
I just tried tagging a neroAacEnc.exe file with the latest AP and it didn't work. However, just for kicks I encoded the same wav with iTunes then tagged it with AP and Foobar could read it fine. I think I'll post a link to this in the new Nero encoder thread and see if the devs there can make any sense of it.

I wish I could tag with Foobar but Wine doesn't seem to want to let me.

Reply #8
[deleted]

Reply #9
Yea, leaving AP alone at this point is a good idea. And I don't mean to make it sound like like AP's bugs are your problems, of course.

Right now I can't seem to tag with Foobar because I get a permissions denied message on the file. I assume this is because Wine doesn't let a program access files outside of the Windows sandbox, which I usually would appreciate.  I suppose I could write some script to move a file, tag it, then move it back, but that's pretty hacky when a Nero tagger is hopefully right around the corner [crosses fingers]. (neroAACEnc works because it's a stand-alone and does not need to be run from "Program Files")

Reply #10
[deleted]