Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can one use EAC to rip to AIFF? (Read 6283 times) previous topic - next topic

Can one use EAC to rip to AIFF?

One of the main reasons I built my music library on a PC platform was so that I could take advtange of the superior ripping features of EAC. I have been ripping to WAV which is fine for my Squeezebox. This is problematic for my iPod so I've been playing around with the idea of doing my ripps to AIFF which is compatable with iTunes and Slimserver (space is not an issue) but I suspect that the only way to do this is to use iTunes. This worries me because iTunes just ripped a CD that EAC couldn't ripp which means that it probably simply overlooks errors that EAC tried unsuccessfully to correct. That said is there any way to use EAC to rip to AIFF?
Gerry

Reply #1
I think EAC can't natively rip to AIFF, but you can always use Sox as an external encoder and tell it to convert to AIFF.

Reply #2
You could set up EAC with Otto's iTunesEncode, this method allows you to rip in EAC and use iTunes as the external encoder. Simply set up iTunes to encode to AIFF, and set up iTunesEncode to use the AIFF encoder and start ripping.

You can find iTunesEncode at the rarewares AAC section, setup info is in the readme.
we was young an' full of beans

Reply #3
Also you might want to look in to Apple Lossless. You use iTunes + iTunesEncode + EAC for that.
"Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored."
—Aldous Huxley