Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_bookmarks (Read 255236 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_bookmarks

Hi all, here's a plugin to help you remember audio playback positions. Requires fb2k 1.3+.

Features:
  • Bookmark via playlist contextmenu/keyboard shortcut/toolbar button
  • Remove bookmark via contextmenu/Delete key
  • Inline editable Comment column
  • Time Capture: bookmark time is automatically updated on stop, user starting another, and on shutdown
  • Autoremove: bookmark is automatically deleted when playback reaches end of track
  • Autobookmark playing track on user starting another track in different/same playlist, and on shutdown
  • Capture playlist content when bookmarking
  • Field for global title formatting: %bookmarks%
  • Instant Save: save bookmarks data file whenever listview data changes except when a column is clicked
  • contextmenu Save: save bookmarks data file
  • Track Playlist: bookmark can be set to track playback in a playlist. If the user starts another track on the same playlist or fb2k advances to the next track while a bookmark is playing, then the bookmark will be updated with the new track's location/subsong and keep its playing status. Autoremoving only happens if playback order is set to Default and when playback has reached the end of the last track in the playlist.

Current version: 0.3.6
Changelog

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #1
thanx. it's work!

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #2
Nice idea

Minor suggestion: Please use Windows' date format settings or at least ISO 8601 (YYYY-MM-DD).

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #3
Very nice component, thanks a lot! But I have one problem: if I doubleclick a bookmarked item, it starts playing the song from the beginning and not from the saved time position. What am I doing wrong? I use foobar 0.9.3 beta 2

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #4
Very nice component, thanks a lot! But I have one problem: if I doubleclick a bookmarked item, it starts playing the song from the beginning and not from the saved time position. What am I doing wrong? I use foobar 0.9.3 beta 2

Cannot cnfirm that! It works fine!

It is nice that this new bookmark plugin uses a panel. Would just like to have settings for background and text color.

Thanks!!

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #5

It is nice that this new bookmark plugin uses a panel. Would just like to have settings for background and text color.

Thanks!!

Sorry! I have 0.9.2 and 0.9.3beta installed and sometimes don't know what i am using. 

It is a problem with the beta! Confirmed!

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #6
Nice feature to add to fb2k, but i have a "little issue"

When you doubleclick where there isn't any file, it pops up with a note saying "File not found".
i don't think it's necessary to inform the user when he doesn't click on a real file.. It should be enough just to let him/her experience that nothing is happening.

"Sometimes it's better to inform the user that he/she is an idiot, by not saying anything" as one of my school teachers once said..

It's ofcause a translation from danish, so something might have gone lost there..  but i hope that you understand the point of my "request"

Another thing i might be happy to do, is to cut down on the amount of data which is displayed.
I would like to remove some of the columns, but I haven't found any way to do this yet..

Am I requesting too much?.. plz, let me know..

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #7

Thanks!!

Sorry! I have 0.9.2 and 0.9.3beta installed and sometimes don't know what i am using. 

It is a problem with the beta! Confirmed!

With the new foobar 0.9.3 beta 3 it works as it should - no more problems :-)

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #8
thank you very much for this plugin, dude!

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #9
Very nice and useful. Thank you tanka!

//edit: One suggestion, customizable/removable columns would be nice. For example i would like to remove "Location" and "Added on". They are stealing too much space.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #10
- Hide/reset columns

Thank you.

But now i have the same problem as hayfi mentioned earlier in this thread, every song starts from beginning and not from bookmarked position.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta 3
foo_uie_bookmarks 0.0.1c
Win2K SP4

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #11

- Hide/reset columns

Thank you.

But now i have the same problem as hayfi mentioned earlier in this thread, every song starts from beginning and not from bookmarked position.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta 3
foo_uie_bookmarks 0.0.1c
Win2K SP4

Can you reproduce it? I haven't encountered that problem and I've only tested it on WinXP.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #12
Can you reproduce it? I haven't encountered that problem and I've only tested it on WinXP.

Just tested it on my machine at home. Same problem.

Technical information:

Code: [Select]
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ [x86 Family 15 Model 47 Stepping 2] [DEP enabled]
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP [version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2]
Installed RAM: 1024 MBytes
Free disk space on foobar2000 partition: 6430 MBytes
foobar2000 path: D:\Applikationen\foobar2000\
Core version: foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta 3
Build time: 22:23:32 on 22 July 2006

Active components (22):

foo_albumlist.dll v3.2.0 [22 July 2006] - Album List
foo_burninate.dll v2.0.1 [27 June 2006] - Audio CD Writer
foo_cdda.dll v2.1.1 [22 July 2006] - CD Audio Decoder
foo_common.dll v0.1 [11 March 2006] - Common services
foo_converter.dll v1.0.1 [22 July 2006] - Converter
foo_dbsearch.dll v1.3.1 beta 11 [13 March 2006] - Database search
foo_dsp_std.dll v1.0 [22 July 2006] - Standard DSP array
foo_freedb2.dll v0.5.2 [12 July 2006] - freedb tagger
foo_input_monkey.dll v2.1.1 [04 July 2006] - Monkey's Audio decoder
foo_input_std.dll v1.0 [22 July 2006] - Standard Input Array
foo_input_std.dll v1.1.0 [22 July 2006] - FLAC decoder
foo_locktest.dll v1.0 [13 March 2006] - Playlist Lock Test
foo_masstag.dll v1.6 [22 July 2006] - Masstagger
foo_playlist_bind.dll v2.2 [06 April 2006] - Playlist Bind
foo_rgscan.dll v2.0.2 [22 July 2006] - ReplayGain Scanner
foo_run.dll v0.3.2 [15 June 2006] - Run services
foo_ui_columns.dll v0.1.3 beta 1v5 [29 April 2006] - Columns UI
foo_ui_std.dll v0.9acc [22 July 2006] - Default User Interface
foo_uie_bookmarks.dll v0.0.1c [26 July 2006] - Bookmarks
foo_uie_explorer.dll v1.04.6b [06 July 2006] - Explorer Tree
foo_uie_quicksearch.dll v2.8a [16 June 2006] - Quick Search Toolbar
foo_version.dll v0.3 [18 July 2006] - Components versions viewer

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #13
I think that i've detected the problem and found out the solution. After updating the component it doesn't work with old playlist-entries. If I clear the playlist(s) and reload the tracks, it works fine again 

Is this a bug? Can you explain this behaviour?

Thank you

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #14
After terminating my problem here's the next suggestion 

An extra column for adding comments manually would be very useful. For example, if you set multiple bookmarks in a song or dj-set, it would be very cool, to comment the bookmarks, like "song x", "guitar solo" or something else.

Thank you

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #15
First of all thanks for the plugin, I was really missing that one.

I think that i've detected the problem and found out the solution. After updating the component it doesn't work with old playlist-entries. If I clear the playlist(s) and reload the tracks, it works fine again 
I've had the problem as well and can confirm, the workaround works.

Some suggestions:

1. Allow background color change
2. Allow keyboard shortcuts inside the panel (del, strg+a)
3. "Delete all" function + make this available as an fb2k command.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #16
Update: 0.0.2
To update, just overwrite the dll.
- Improved bookmarking while bookmarks window is closed
- Contextmenu Clear removes all items
- Delete key removes items
- Text/background colors
- Clear Bookmarks keyboard shortcut
- Bugfix: contextmenu location when contextmenu key is pressed
- Bugfix: wrote file twice on window creation
- Bugfix: focused item played instead of bookmarked item
- Inline editable Comment column

Thank you for bugfixing and the new features, especially the comment field 

It seems, that i've detected another bug. I doesn't work with cuesheets. The bookmark doesn't point to the correct position. For expamle, if i bookmark one minute after beginning of the third song, the playback starts after one minute from beginning of the first track (one minute after beginning of the whole imagefile)

Once more, thank you for your work

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #17
Nice work with the latest version..! It's really neat and very easy to use
But I can confirm the bug with cue sheets.
It reads the song name fine and also the time into the song, where the bookmark were set, but when playing, it resumes from the specified time, but instead of the selected track, it starts from the first track number.

Edit: cleared the text up a bit to give some sence..

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #19
Many thanks for the update. 2 Problems:

1. The plugin seems to forget it's columns widths after an fb2k restart (definitely in time column)
2. Please make all commands available:
[blockquote]a) (example) foobar2000.exe /command:"Bookmark" (does not work at the moment)
b) for foosions foo_runcmd[/blockquote]

Why don't you promote you plugin in 3rdparty-plugin forum?

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #20
Great updates. Thank you very much and keep it coming.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #21
Found a bug:

If you wants to play a bookmarked song wich path points to a CD/DVD device that doesn't contain the Cd anymore Foobar closes with a error message

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #22
Small feature request: Sorting by clicking on columns header 

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #23
Very nice plugin! but multi-lines name format will be better

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #24
Thanks for the update! But. Hmmm. I don't see any change and I don't see "- Keyboard shortcuts can now be processed through the Bookmarks window"