Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to use the masstagger function (Read 5473 times) previous topic - next topic

How to use the masstagger function

Hi

The music I have on my computer are named 001__artist_-_title.mp3

How do I use the masstagger on that to get it to look nice.
I was at another crime scene at that time officer.

Reply #1
1.  Select the songs
2.  Right click
3.  File operations
4.  Move or rename files
5.  Output format = nn title
6.  Output directory = same as source file directory
7.  Click run
8.  ???
9.  PROFIT !!

Or take a look at this screenshot:

Click here: http://static.flickr.com/51/150018086_4dbf58ad37_o.png

Set this as the output directory: DIRECTORY\TO\WHERE\YOU\KEEP\YOUR\LIBRARY

Use this code:

$if($strstr(%various%,1),Compilations,$if2(%album artist%,unknown artist))/$if2(%album%,unknown album)/$if(%multiitem%,$if(%discnumber%,Disc %discnumber%,Image),[[%disc%-]%tracknumber%] %title%)

Will be this format: ARTIST \ ALBUM \ NN TITLE.ext

EDIT: Visuals...

Reply #2
Assuming your using FB2K 0.9 and that your files are tagged properly...

1. Load the files you want to rename into a playlist

2. Select/highlight the files you want to rename (can be several)

3. Right-click > File Operations > Move, Rename or Copy files

4. This will bring up the dialog you're looking for.  Under the Do what pulldown, you would select rename or move files.  The other options are fairly self explanatory, though be sure to examine all of them to make sure it's doing what you want it to.

This utility uses the tags (artist, album, tracknumber, title, et al.) to generate the new filenames, so properly tagged files is a prerequisite.

Reply #3
I have fb 0.83 and 0.9.3 on another computor. Can't find anything like it on any of those. I'm thiking the .83 is to old. But the .93? and btw columns_ui is to old for foobar 0.93?

Reply #4
Then upgrade to 0.93

Reply #5
I have 0.93 the option that suggestet to use to tag the files isen't avalible. Im confused..

Reply #6
I have 0.93 the option that suggestet to use to tag the files isen't avalible. Im confused..

Masstagger is probably not installed. Rerun the install and make sure Masstagger is selected.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Reply #7
That solved the File Operations problem but I think I explained my need wrong it's not the file itself i wish to rename. It's adding a tag for the files.
So that i generates a track number, artist and title under the "metadata". I wish to tag my music not rename the file it self.

Reply #8
1. right-click -> tagging -> Manage scripts
2. click "Clear" to remove any actions that are present
3. click add, and select "Guess values from filename..."
4.  Based on your example, try the string:

Code: [Select]
$num(%tracknumber%,3)__%artist%_-_%title%

5. Click "Run" to run the script.

Please note that you should try this on one or two files first before doing it to your all your files.

edit: removed some notes I had made to myself

Reply #9
I think I can see how that script works but it dosen't it only writes a track number tag with all the info in it.

001__Trifler_-_No_worky.mp3
002__Trifler_-_Dang_it.mp3

That's how my files are named.

So the tracknumber by 3 digits, two underlins then artist _-_ followed by title. As made in the script makes sense but it dosent work. So I'm guessing there's something missing in the script since it only writes track nber tag.

Reply #10
Try:

%tracknumber%__%artist%_-_%title%

This should work. I tested it on a file on my system.

The $num() function is for formatting, and is not appropriate for guessing from filenames.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Reply #11
Much beter though how do you get it to not write the _ between artist and titles with spaces

Reply #12
The $num() function is for formatting, and is not appropriate for guessing from filenames.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I probably should have tested it out, too...

trifler: The masstagger can do this, too.  Add an action "Format value from other fields..."  In the "Destination" box, type "ARTIST".  In the "formatting pattern" box, type:

Code: [Select]
$replace(%artist%,_, )

You can add a similar action for the title before you click "Run".

Reply #13
Thanks for all the help I'm getting really impressed of what foobar can do. And even more with the comunity around it. Thanks a bunch!